2016 taxes

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.

What is your effective federal tax rate?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:47 pm

0-5% EIC 4 lyfe :mahtroy:
No votes
6-10% Poverty life :flaccid:
14%
11-15% lower middle class: zone of :rage:
7%
16-20 % Middle class :troywax:
14%
21-25% upper middle class :alpo:
36%
26-30% lower :waxer: class
21%
31-40% :waxer: class
7%
41 and up :thankstrump:
No votes

Total votes: 14
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:41 am

The :rage: is taxes are bullshit. 20+% of your income directly to government, then when you buy every other thing you get another x% tacked on via sales tax.
:iono:

Society wants less taxes but expects the government to provide more shit. I'll agree with you that there needs to be more transparency, accountability and cost-effectiveness on spending that occurs at the federal/state levels, but still.
i dont expect the gov to provide shit. the less they do the better
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:28 am

Society wants less taxes but expects the government to provide more shit. I'll agree with you that there needs to be more transparency, accountability and cost-effectiveness on spending that occurs at the federal/state levels, but still.
Society as a whole, not you. Damn it bro. You don't speak on behalf of the country's population. When your opinion becomes the majority then you'll see it change for your beliefs. Government does shit based on the public at large. That's the same reason they don't appease these "protestors" who riot and loot and shut down traffic, because even if it's 15% of the population, they are inconveniencing 75% of the population
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryZJWLMe1ag
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:30 am

Society as a whole, not you. Damn it bro. You don't speak on behalf of the country's population. When your opinion becomes the majority then you'll see it change for your beliefs. Government does shit based on the public at large. That's the same reason they don't appease these "protestors" who riot and loot and shut down traffic, because even if it's 15% of the population, they are inconveniencing 75% of the population
well i think half the country's population spoke pretty fucking loudly in november.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:40 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:30 am

well i think half the country's population spoke pretty fucking loudly in november.
Trump :aintcare: he's not abolishing taxes lol. If you think that's gonna happen :yeahok:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:48 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:40 am

Trump :aintcare: he's not abolishing taxes lol. If you think that's gonna happen :yeahok:
No, but he and the Republicunts that got got voted in ran on a policy of lowering them. this aint just about trump. it was rejecting the fiscal policy of the last 8 years.

all you fucks that are saying you'd like to pay more; no one is making you take dem deductions. Pay more.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:52 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:48 am

No, but he and the Republicunts that got got voted in ran on a policy of lowering them. this aint just about trump. it was rejecting the fiscal policy of the last 8 years.

all you fucks that are saying you'd like to pay more; no one is making you take dem deductions. Pay more.
So did every republican running for office ever in the last half century. :rolleyes: also, watch out in 2018, democrats might take the legislative branch again if trump continues to piss the liberals off
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:56 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:52 am

So did every republican running for office ever in the last half century. :rolleyes: also, watch out in 2018, democrats might take the legislative branch again if trump continues to piss the liberals off
yea, you aint telling me shit i dont know :narc:

I'm just saying; ask people who voted for Republicunts why they did and i bet 75+% of the non bible thumping people that can think for themselves will say better economy and lower taxes. IE the independents of the country.

Thankfully the mooslulem h8ers and nutjobs are a comparative rarity.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:00 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:56 am

yea, you aint telling me shit i dont know :narc:

I'm just saying; ask people who voted for Republicunts why they did and i bet 75+% of the non bible thumping people that can think for themselves will say better economy and lower taxes. IE the independents of the country.

Thankfully the mooslulem h8ers and nutjobs are a comparative rarity.
Unfortunately the free thinkers are bunched into the Bible thumping demographic when the two parties decide to fling shit at each other. I am just :popcorn: and enjoying the show
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

More taxes won't solve shit, we already pay an ass load as it is, infrastructure falling apart, schools and education terrible, Flint MI still doesn't have clean fucking water. Government is like intestinal bacterial, in small doses, it does what it does, and takes very little in nutrients, too big and it kills you, the key isn't to feed it more. Strictly define the scope of government, and feed it accordingly.

Let people take care of themselves, and if they're too lazy, then well, they reap what they sow.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
razr390

Melon wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:02 pm More taxes won't solve shit, we already pay an ass load as it is, infrastructure falling apart, schools and education terrible, Flint MI still doesn't have clean fucking water. Government is like intestinal bacterial, in small doses, it does what it does, and takes very little in nutrients, too big and it kills you, the key isn't to feed it more. Strictly define the scope of government, and feed it accordingly.

Let people take care of themselves, and if they're too lazy, then well, they reap what they sow.
Idealistically I agree with you. But that doesn't mean that it will happen that way :eeyore:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:05 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:02 pm More taxes won't solve shit, we already pay an ass load as it is, infrastructure falling apart, schools and education terrible, Flint MI still doesn't have clean fucking water. Government is like intestinal bacterial, in small doses, it does what it does, and takes very little in nutrients, too big and it kills you, the key isn't to feed it more. Strictly define the scope of government, and feed it accordingly.

Idealistically I agree with you. But that doesn't mean that it will happen that way :eeyore:
More of a chance of that happening with Trumpy in office than with HRC.
It's the potential silver-lining on the lunacy of his administration.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:bravo:
Melon wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:06 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:05 pm

BOOM. thats why prob 80% of the Trump voters pulled the lever, not because they like the fucking guy.

:melon: :fax:
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:03 am
razr390 wrote:Maybe I'm missing the point here but can anyone show me where they feel forced to buy cars and shit that they know will get taxed beforehand?

I understand the whole taxation BS but I don't think it's fair to count something that is an additional expenditure that isn't flat across the board for everyone. Someone buying a Corolla will not pay as much in tax as someone buying a Bentley and therefore it's redundant to include that as part of this thread. I can understand a house property tax, etc. but even that has to deal with local values, and discretionary spending (i.e you can CHOOSE which house/apartment/etc to buy, it's not forced upon you).

Sales tax is the same too, you pay for what you buy. I don't see where the :wtf: :rage: is with that. Income tax will always take the biggest chunk, and luckily in Florida there is no state income tax, only sales tax. But I feels for states that have both state and federal income tax, that is :rage: right there. But all of the other stuff is purely discretionary and dependent on each individual.

That's just the way I perceive it. And I may be 100% wrong. If I am, someone please take the time to explain it to me
You can also choose not to work so you pay no income tax... but it's not really a choice. Neither is never doing anything with money to avoid paying tax.

The issue isn't any one thing in particular, it's how they all stack up. As I posted near the beginning of the thread, we are paying a roughly 45% effective tax rate in total and that's living a largely :scrooge: lifestyle in a relatively low cost of living area.

For example we pay federal AND state AND county AND city income tax... in middle of nowhere KY for fuck's sake. :wtf:

For vehicles we pay sales/use tax at purchase time AND annual property tax (and high insurance prices because NO FAULT). :wtf:
wut
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:42 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Thats the issue with publically traded companies these days, there is not a focus on long term output.
When we went public here our CEO said something mind blowingly awesome:

"I don't want anyone doing anything for the shareholders. I want you doing it for the client. If we do well by the client everything else will fall into place and we will do right by the shareholders."
:bravo: to your CEO
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:23 am
razr390 wrote:

I don't want lower taxes. I want the progressive curve to be maintained all the way up to zillionaire megacorps so that we can pay off debts and maintain infrastructure and improve schools.
Once again, Troy and I agree.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

brad is going to hate my effective tax rate.

such :fax: much :rage:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

if only brads bmw was a business vehicle. and his trips to austin and Tennessee where business related.

:flaccid:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

yeah ok, i'll be sure to stifle my laughs when your ass gets audited.

or not

:aintcare:
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Dat US129 :doe:

:stig:

:trollface:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:09 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:03 am
You can also choose not to work so you pay no income tax... but it's not really a choice. Neither is never doing anything with money to avoid paying tax.

The issue isn't any one thing in particular, it's how they all stack up. As I posted near the beginning of the thread, we are paying a roughly 45% effective tax rate in total and that's living a largely :scrooge: lifestyle in a relatively low cost of living area.

For example we pay federal AND state AND county AND city income tax... in middle of nowhere KY for fuck's sake. :wtf:

For vehicles we pay sales/use tax at purchase time AND annual property tax (and high insurance prices because NO FAULT). :wtf:
wut
It's the same here. In pay Fed, State, and County. I'm outside of city limits :doe: so no city tax.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 pm

:bravo:
Melon wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:06 pm

BOOM. thats why prob 80% of the Trump voters pulled the lever, not because they like the fucking guy.

:melon: :fax:
:dat: all of :dat:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Dat US129 :doe:

:stig:

:trollface:

brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:22 pm if only brads bmw was a business vehicle. and his trips to austin and Tennessee where business related.

You're part of the problem.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:25 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:22 pm if only brads bmw was a business vehicle. and his trips to austin and Tennessee where business related.

You're part of the problem.
:butwhy: I had a legit expenses and rented my old house. And had to do epic repairs while it was for rent. I am also allowed to tax deduct my shitty pickup truck and its expenses. I dont claim my cars or my NEW car, as "business expenses".

so the law allows it. You are stupid for not taking advantage of tax breaks.