The NOLA High Steaks 500: Troy vs Teh Fax

Organize your DFD meat ups, hangouts, wang outs, and discuss the aftermath of such shenanigans, here.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:49 pm
Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:46 pm We have a gig that Sat night in Metairie (about 15 minutes north).
If you wanna death metal it up you can tag along and watch us make a sweet $27 in profit from playing live music and living the dream!
:lolgasm:

Sounds familiar. I don't think we ever made more than $100 from a show and that was split across 5-6 guys.
Most we've made was opening for Goatwhore, I think that was $162. The rest were all like, $17-50 a pop.
I ain't expecting much for this gig since it's some Hell Fest with like 5 other bands. I hope we play early so I can get the fuck out of there and sleep for Sunday's races.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Melon wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:26 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:15 pm Where are you getting $140? I just registered for both days for $60 total. I'm 19 ES, you should run 119 ES.

I'm going to leave on Sunday whenever we're done.
:fuckyeah:

When you coming down?
I'm going to drive down on Friday sometime, getting there sometime in the evening depending on what all is happening.

How far's the pot filler from the track?
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:05 pm

When you coming down?
I'm going to drive down on Friday sometime, getting there sometime in the evening depending on what all is happening.

If you're wanting to fill your Mary-Jane stash there's some ghettos that you drive thru to get to the track. I'm sure they can hook ya up there.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:46 pm We have a gig that Sat night in Metairie (about 15 minutes north).
If you wanna death metal it up you can tag along and watch us make a sweet $27 in profit from playing live music and living the dream!
....are you playing in phat city at cypress hall?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:05 pm

When you coming down?

a little over an hour.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

LOLOL. He's gonna be mad when you start making the comeback, and if I get in there and mix it up stealing his 2nd place points too.
I usually hit up most of the Delta events, so I'm gonna shit in his cheerios there too. MUHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH

Acid666

Saturday. Time to get caught up on some vinyl.
Acid666

My body is ready

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Acid666 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:03 pm My body is ready

:notbad:

:fap:

Needs more :neek:

Can assist.
Acid666

I don't think some of them understand the :trollface: going on here.
The plan is to not reveal the rest and keep it hush until someone realizes I'm not Delta.

I need more ideas now to troll the car out. I've already got a friend of me and :melon:'s asking for faces of other delta members.
Acid666

Final level of trollage.

troyguitar

You'd better win after doing all that.

I'm putting my kenwood stereo unit in tomorrow so I can listen to more than a couple of CDs on the way down.
Acid666

[user not found] wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:58 pm Dem pop up troll faces doe. :trollface: :trollface:
I may flip one and make them face the center.
I posted the one with just their logo on their Facebook page asking if everyone was getting ready to race, but I don't think they're realizing that I'm not on their team and they arent anticipating all the trolling
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

:lolol:
troyguitar

What happened to this place being hot as fuck year round? Current forecast is high 60, low 45 on Saturday... If I weren't already committed, I'd :nope: out rather than freeze my ass off each morning.
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 pm What happened to this place being hot as fuck year round? Current forecast is high 60, low 45 on Saturday... If I weren't already committed, I'd :nope: out rather than freeze my ass off each morning.
It's hot as balls all year around and then we all of a sudden get a cold front and then that's your winter. 2 weeks later it's back to normal.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 pm What happened to this place being hot as fuck year round? Current forecast is high 60, low 45 on Saturday... If I weren't already committed, I'd :nope: out rather than freeze my ass off each morning.
:fullretard:

It's fucking going to be in the 60's. Don't be such a pussy.
You don't want to be out there during August or July.
:bruh:

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

it warms up REALLY fast down here. by 10 am you will shed the long sleeves if the suns out.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:14 am
it warms up REALLY fast down here. by 10 am you will shed the long sleeves if the suns out.

Yeah, it's not rare to put your heater on one day, and then back to the ac the next.
Shit makes no sense. It does this in the middle of Jan-Feb too. We have 4 seasons here. Summer, Summer, a dash of winter, and then Summer again. But it's not fun summer. It's "I just walked from my door to my car and my shirt's drenched in sweat" summer.

Like :melon: said, you do NOT want to be here during the summer. The last race we had in Baton Rouge was ridiculous.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:00 am
Like :melon: said, you do NOT want to be here during the summer. The last race we had in Baton Rouge was ridiculous.
:dat:

I was safety steward in the afternoon, my main concern was people getting too hot.
It was nasty.
Acid666

I just realized you're concerned about that 45°. Lol that 45 will go away REAL quick. I was just in Mississippi yesterday for work and it was mid 60's and it felt fucking AWESOME. Trust me, it's light jacket weather, and this is exactly what you want. I've had friends come down here for weddings and shit and the second they got off the plane their first question is "WTF is this humidity shit!?!!?"
The main concern should be rain, and even if it's mostly spotty and very scattered. The good thing about that is that it often tends to miss the track. The pad at Nola Motorsports drains really well too, so if we hold out for lighting and it all passes it doesn't take long for it to all flush out from the asphalt.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

As long as it doesn't rain Sat morning, we'll have a great time.
Hopefully it rains in the night, washes off the pad, and we get a good clean surface, and cool weather.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Forecast sounds :notbad:

I tracked a few weeks ago in similar conditions on two wheels and survived. Don't be a :pussy:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar

4zilch wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:28 pm Forecast sounds :notbad:

I tracked a few weeks ago in similar conditions on two wheels and survived. Don't be a :pussy:
Standing in one place for 2 hours waiting for someone to hit cones when it's 40-something and windy+raining fucking blows. The record low for that day is 44 according to the interwebs, this isn't business as usual in the swamp. It's dropping into the 40s for ONLY the 2 days that I'll be there, then going back up. :thanksobama:

This happens every year in the North :doe: - The first and last few outdoor events of any kind are often miserable. I remember racing in Charlotte one year in early March and there were snow flurries during morning practice. Driving karts in that is not in any way fun... at least the autox car has a windshield and heater.
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:39 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:28 pm Forecast sounds :notbad:

Standing in one place for 2 hours waiting for someone to hit cones when it's 40-something and windy+raining fucking blows. The record low for that day is 44 according to the interwebs, this isn't business as usual in the swamp. It's dropping into the 40s for ONLY the 2 days that I'll be there, then going back up. :thanksobama:

This happens every year in the North :doe: - The first and last few outdoor events of any kind are often miserable. I remember racing in Charlotte one year in early March and there were snow flurries during morning practice. Driving karts in that is not in any way fun... at least the autox car has a windshield and heater.

Seriously, a low of 40 means that during the day it'll be high 50s. Which for us here, is MONEY. There's a reason that Cenla doesn't race for 3 months in the summer, it's miserable. This is awesome. The first race I took the car to at Nola it was like this last year and it was soooooooooooo nice and crisp.
Jeans, and a long sleeve and you're good. 50s and 60s here is unicorn kind of weather. I'm not worried about rain one bit with how scattered it is down here.