OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:51 pm I made a bizarro stir-fry thing today and it was actually :notbad:

No clue what the recipe was exactly but it involved chicken and veggies with a sauce made from eggs, sesame oil, ginger, lime, garlic, onion, cayenne and chipotle pepper, fish sauce, and cinnamon at a bare minimum.

Drinking while cooking with random ingredients beats the hell out of stressing trying to replicate some specific recipe.
That sounds :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:03 pm
wap wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 pm

:ohdang:
And people use them! My boss sent a :themoreyouknow: today after I asked a question

:fuckyeah:
What other ones do they use?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:51 pm I made a bizarro stir-fry thing today and it was actually :notbad:

No clue what the recipe was exactly but it involved chicken and veggies with a sauce made from eggs, sesame oil, ginger, lime, garlic, onion, cayenne and chipotle pepper, fish sauce, and cinnamon at a bare minimum.

Drinking while cooking with random ingredients beats the hell out of stressing trying to replicate some specific recipe.
Shit dude, that sounds epic! 5/7 :drunk: cooking is the way. Some of our best dishes are impossible to replicate because of the improvisational nature of cooking.
Yeah I have been trying to slowly cook more interestingly since the wife gets tired of my boring simple (and usually unhealthy) stuff.

The big change for me in the past 2 years has been to have drinks while cooking instead of while eating. It is less unhealthy and makes the cooking less annoying.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:16 pm So um, my new company has custom emojis in Slack that maybe 25% are DFDmojis.

:amazing:
:ohdang:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So interesting thing happened this morning. I always have thought I got living in Turkey on lock, until I got a call from the carrier company for my phone in Turkey. Due to still not fully mastering turkish in terms of sales technique, let alone I already have a dialect to begin with. Typically I get a standard 15 gig data for only equivalent to 18 bucks, with the way the turkish lira has inflated, 18 bucks is a lot of money for Turkey. At times I go to places where theres no wifi (sometimes not being stable) Im forced to use data at times via hotspot when I actually need it, so I buy additional package for only 5 gigs depending on the time period I can have.

Anyway I got a call from my service provider saying something like I got those additional packs only for the last 2 months. Ok fair enough, but still 30 gigs for a month is more than enough for me, and I think its silly to pay even a small amount of money, especially when I'm back to US in 6 days (as mentioned). They said some sales words where they sounded foreign to me, I did say I am happy with my current plan, blah, blah, blah and simply letting them know that I don't want it. but I was also stressing for it as well.

Anyway, after the call thinking they understood my intentions based on it, I checked the app and nope, they fucking charged me 25 bucks for that plan, that I wasn't even going to fucking use anyway. An hour later, I called and there this press 1, press 2 dial thing where they had an option for english. So might as well fuck it and go for english. I mix turkish and english words together, with only 2 words being turkish, but they switched back to turkish after the guy assumed I can pull off my level of turkish to turkish speakers and guess what. That bitch still wanting to continue, and I had to raise my voice at her saying (in turkish of course) ''shame on you for taking advantage of someone like me whose turkish is kinda broken'', then proceeded to ask to speak with her manager and repetitively over and over I would like to cancel and get my money back, plus threatened to switch to their rival company. It was literally a 10 minute conversation just to cancel a fucking plan that I apparently confirmed just an hour ago and not exactly approving it as I mentioned in the first call.

Ended with saying, I really hope you try to speak english in Europe, England and US so you can see what it is like for yourself then hang up.

/rant
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:35 pm

This is odd, I've bought in CA, OR, WA, and NV and all seemed cheaper than the equivalent amount of lower quality NC black market product.
That's because NC isn't legal, so the price is the price. ALSO, because it isn't legal, there aren't as many growers and distributors need to assume more risk, which is all baked into the price. There's an odd externality with legalized cannabis that the reduced risk of prosecution has actually increased black market activity.

Legal sets a price cap, then the black market fills in below. My buddy claims he makes less per unit, but does way more volume now that more than makes up for it. In MI, legal dispensary product is roughly 25-40% MORE than same quality black market stuff. And just like how TJ's sells excess wine from high end vineyards with its own label at a discounted price, some cannabis growers do the same, so you're getting the same product.

If you couldn't tell, I'm fascinated by the business and market dynamics of cannabis.
Interesting. I may have also just not noticed. I've always been such a lightweight with weed that a good high is sub $1 regardless. I remember buying 0.25 ounces here from... people... for like $70? I guess I have paid almost that much for 1g of vape cartridge, but those things last for probably a year for me... it is pretty concentrated and a couple of puffs are all that's needed. With real weed, you have to pack a bowl/joint and you just use a lot more that way.

I do miss the real thing, the vape life is more convenient but something about smoking a fatty is just better. :ohwell: I haven't actually partaken in the stuff in months due to this sprinkle of interviews and I can't say that I miss it at all or really think about it much.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This is the basis of much of what I cook, some sort of stir fried veggies, sometimes chicken, sometimes not. I then throw in random ass spices and sauces, usually turns out 4-5/7 and is still pretty easy and healthy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:53 am So interesting thing happened this morning. I always have thought I got living in Turkey on lock, until I got a call from the carrier company for my phone in Turkey. Due to still not fully mastering turkish in terms of sales technique, let alone I already have a dialect to begin with. Typically I get a standard 15 gig data for only equivalent to 18 bucks, with the way the turkish lira has inflated, 18 bucks is a lot of money for Turkey. At times I go to places where theres no wifi (sometimes not being stable) Im forced to use data at times via hotspot when I actually need it, so I buy additional package for only 5 gigs depending on the time period I can have.

Anyway I got a call from my service provider saying something like I got those additional packs only for the last 2 months. Ok fair enough, but still 30 gigs for a month is more than enough for me, and I think its silly to pay even a small amount of money, especially when I'm back to US in 6 days (as mentioned). They said some sales words where they sounded foreign to me, I did say I am happy with my current plan, blah, blah, blah and simply letting them know that I don't want it. but I was also stressing for it as well.

Anyway, after the call thinking they understood my intentions based on it, I checked the app and nope, they fucking charged me 25 bucks for that plan, that I wasn't even going to fucking use anyway. An hour later, I called and there this press 1, press 2 dial thing where they had an option for english. So might as well fuck it and go for english. I mix turkish and english words together, with only 2 words being turkish, but they switched back to turkish after the guy assumed I can pull off my level of turkish to turkish speakers and guess what. That bitch still wanting to continue, and I had to raise my voice at her saying (in turkish of course) ''shame on you for taking advantage of someone like me whose turkish is kinda broken'', then proceeded to ask to speak with her manager and repetitively over and over I would like to cancel and get my money back, plus threatened to switch to their rival company. It was literally a 10 minute conversation just to cancel a fucking plan that I apparently confirmed just an hour ago and not exactly approving it as I mentioned in the first call.

Ended with saying, I really hope you try to speak english in Europe, England and US so you can see what it is like for yourself then hang up.

/rant
:lolol: It sounds like more shady business practices than translation error to me. On the one hand, I feel bad for people with those kinds of jobs, but man, they are so scummy sometimes :disappoint:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:48 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:03 pm
That's because NC isn't legal, so the price is the price. ALSO, because it isn't legal, there aren't as many growers and distributors need to assume more risk, which is all baked into the price. There's an odd externality with legalized cannabis that the reduced risk of prosecution has actually increased black market activity.

Legal sets a price cap, then the black market fills in below. My buddy claims he makes less per unit, but does way more volume now that more than makes up for it. In MI, legal dispensary product is roughly 25-40% MORE than same quality black market stuff. And just like how TJ's sells excess wine from high end vineyards with its own label at a discounted price, some cannabis growers do the same, so you're getting the same product.

If you couldn't tell, I'm fascinated by the business and market dynamics of cannabis.
Interesting. I may have also just not noticed. I've always been such a lightweight with weed that a good high is sub $1 regardless. I remember buying 0.25 ounces here from... people... for like $70? I guess I have paid almost that much for 1g of vape cartridge, but those things last for probably a year for me... it is pretty concentrated and a couple of puffs are all that's needed. With real weed, you have to pack a bowl/joint and you just use a lot more that way.

I do miss the real thing, the vape life is more convenient but something about smoking a fatty is just better. :ohwell: I haven't actually partaken in the stuff in months due to this sprinkle of interviews and I can't say that I miss it at all or really think about it much.
I stopped when I quit my job and dealt with some crazy shit with sleeplessness and dreaming. It ended up not being an issue because my new company didn't test.

I've started dabbling again, but in way less quantity, and not to get high, but rather help with sleeping. Cannabis legit helps you sleep better/deeper, and sometimes I just need that extra kick. I don't really smoke to get high anymore, and that's made a difference overall. I'd still rather smoke than drink :doe: which I don't do a ton of that either anymore.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:59 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:48 am

I stopped when I quit my job and dealt with some crazy shit with sleeplessness and dreaming. It ended up not being an issue because my new company didn't test.

I've started dabbling again, but in way less quantity, and not to get high, but rather help with sleeping. Cannabis legit helps you sleep better/deeper, and sometimes I just need that extra kick. I don't really smoke to get high anymore, and that's made a difference overall. I'd still rather smoke than drink :doe: which I don't do a ton of that either anymore.
It depends on the circumstances for me... Drinking is such an odd thing. I always want to :doit: and then usually regret it :lolol: I guess I'm a "functioning alcoholic" in that sense but I only drink one or two times/week so :ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:52 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:53 am So interesting thing happened this morning. I always have thought I got living in Turkey on lock, until I got a call from the carrier company for my phone in Turkey. Due to still not fully mastering turkish in terms of sales technique, let alone I already have a dialect to begin with. Typically I get a standard 15 gig data for only equivalent to 18 bucks, with the way the turkish lira has inflated, 18 bucks is a lot of money for Turkey. At times I go to places where theres no wifi (sometimes not being stable) Im forced to use data at times via hotspot when I actually need it, so I buy additional package for only 5 gigs depending on the time period I can have.

/rant
:lolol: It sounds like more shady business practices than translation error to me. On the one hand, I feel bad for people with those kinds of jobs, but man, they are so scummy sometimes :disappoint:
:dat:

And somehow, telecom is the worst.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:01 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:59 am

It depends on the circumstances for me... Drinking is such an odd thing. I always want to :doit: and then usually regret it :lolol: I guess I'm a "functioning alcoholic" in that sense but I only drink one or two times/week so :ohwell:
I have booze almost daily with dinner, but don't remember the last time I was :drunk: really. I feel so horrible the next day now that I really try to avoid it. If I want an escape, Mary Jane takes me there.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:52 am

/rant
Tell me about it. They're only calling me for money grab.
ChrisoftheNorth

Just found out today is my Friday. New company does "wellness days" in the summer, one Friday a month off.

:notbad: :fuckyeah:
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:47 am Just found out today is my Friday. New company does "wellness days" in the summer, one Friday a month off.

:nice: :jelly:
wap

Still sore in my shoulder from the work I did over the weekend. :wap: :(
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:47 am Just found out today is my Friday. New company does "wellness days" in the summer, one Friday a month off.

:impressive: :jelly:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:57 am Still sore in my shoulder from the work I did over the weekend. :wap: :(
I built a retaining wall along our front walk a few weeks back. I was sore for a week after. Getting old and doing physical labor does not mesh.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Howdy folks! Hope all is well with y'all!
Not much new going on with me, neighbor sold her couch to me, it's an $11k leather/power reclining sectional that comfortably seats six or squeezes a pair together for a seventh (pre- :crotchfruit: lovey-dovey couple or whatever. Would be great for :[user not found]: parties. Anyways, I notice that I also double-space after a sentence, to me it looks better, :whocares:

My wife is going for a :tits: reduction next week, I'll be holding down the fort for a couple of weeks, but will be rewarded with perky new tits eventually. FIL is recovering after heart surgery, they came by to hang out for a couple of hours. He looks really good and is mending really well, still has fluid in one lung :doe: , so that's going to take time.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Got another :popcorn: story and I would've also been in trouble too if I took the bait.

Thing is, in Turkey where I spend my summers in an island, there's this sports/beach sort of club where its private member only (not a :waxer: place). Thats where I learned how to swim and played waterpolo growing up as an early teen. My parents and my grandparents go there, along with their and my friends (like we are friends in generations). Also thats how I met most of my friends in Turkey too.

Anyway, I grew up with these twin sisters and they basically show a lot of cleavage than literally ANY other girl, not that im complaining about or being a :crang: but theres a LOT of kids there, and :wap: and so on.

This year, boy oh boy one of those twins is just being a whore asking for attention. She does like flirtatious touches left and right with a bunch of guys, including me. Sometimes even in front of my parents. I know for sure I'm not going to partake in her shenanigans, as I almost fell for a trap with someone like her years ago (yes i got flashbacks for it too).

One night, we have like small nightclub ish rooftop nights as a get together with friends and of course they come and the blondie seduces me and a bunch of other guys. I just act cool and give like a false promise. I left a little early and so did most of my friends in the group. Theres this other kid I played waterpolo with. Hes a super good dude, helps with his grandparents, good with kids, a role model. The blondie twin asked to go to the bathroom (you already knew what was about to happen :dock: ). The other twin guards the bathroom for that important to take care of. These little 4-5 year olds who are also good friends with my of my friends niece, tried to get in. Have to tell you those little girls are snitches and kinda savage, like my 3 year old cousin. They called their grandmas to come and see cause they hear the you know what noises. Boom, one of the ladies barged right in and saw what happened. These girls and that guy got kicked for this season and next season. Literally basically like degrassi and the like.

How I found out about this? The administrator lady showed my mom a pic of that girl and that guy (the guy does look a lot like me) with pills and lot of other bs as pictured. Asking if it was me. Which I wasn't.

In our culture, more particularly mine. Im still getting treated like a kid to an extent, even if im 50-60, thats still the case and the be careful lectures, etc. As a result, i would lose all my friends, the rest of the family. Basically having nothing in Turkey as a result if I ever jump in, oh and my cousins in the US too as rumors spread easily as well. But I'm super glad that I know better. :alpo:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:44 am Howdy folks! Hope all is well with y'all!
Not much new going on with me, neighbor sold her couch to me, it's an $11k leather/power reclining sectional that comfortably seats six or squeezes a pair together for a seventh (pre- :crotchfruit: lovey-dovey couple or whatever. Would be great for :[user not found]: parties. Anyways, I notice that I also double-space after a sentence, to me it looks better, :whocares:

My wife is going for a :tits: reduction next week, I'll be holding down the fort for a couple of weeks, but will be rewarded with perky new tits eventually. FIL is recovering after heart surgery, they came by to hang out for a couple of hours. He looks really good and is mending really well, still has fluid in one lung :doe: , so that's going to take time.
:hai:

:popcorn: on the :tits:

Glad to hear the FIL is on the mend man, that is great!
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:55 am Got another :popcorn: story and I would've also been in trouble too if I took the bait.

Thing is, in Turkey where I spend my summers in an island, there's this sports/beach sort of club where its private member only (not a :waxer: place). Thats where I learned how to swim and played waterpolo growing up as an early teen. My parents and my grandparents go there, along with their and my friends (like we are friends in generations). Also thats how I met most of my friends in Turkey too.

Anyway, I grew up with these twin sisters and they basically show a lot of cleavage than literally ANY other girl, not that im complaining about or being a :crang: but theres a LOT of kids there, and :wap: and so on.

This year, boy oh boy one of those twins is just being a whore asking for attention. She does like flirtatious touches left and right with a bunch of guys, including me. Sometimes even in front of my parents. I know for sure I'm not going to partake in her shenanigans, as I almost fell for a trap with someone like her years ago (yes i got flashbacks for it too).

One night, we have like small nightclub ish rooftop nights as a get together with friends and of course they come and the blondie seduces me and a bunch of other guys. I just act cool and give like a false promise. I left a little early and so did most of my friends in the group. Theres this other kid I played waterpolo with. Hes a super good dude, helps with his grandparents, good with kids, a role model. The blondie twin asked to go to the bathroom (you already knew what was about to happen :dock: ). The other twin guards the bathroom for that important to take care of. These little 4-5 year olds who are also good friends with my of my friends niece, tried to get in. Have to tell you those little girls are snitches and kinda savage, like my 3 year old cousin. They called their grandmas to come and see cause they hear the you know what noises. Boom, one of the ladies barged right in and saw what happened. These girls and that guy got kicked for this season and next season. Literally basically like degrassi and the like.

How I found out about this? The administrator lady showed my mom a pic of that girl and that guy (the guy does look a lot like me) with pills and lot of other bs as pictured. Asking if it was me. Which I wasn't.

In our culture, more particularly mine. Im still getting treated like a kid to an extent, even if im 50-60, thats still the case and the be careful lectures, etc. As a result, i would lose all my friends, the rest of the family. Basically having nothing in Turkey as a result if I ever jump in, oh and my cousins in the US too as rumors spread easily as well. But I'm super glad that I know better. :alpo:
Damn dude! The social landmines you have to navigate are REAL. Good on you for recognizing them and steering clear.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:44 am Howdy folks! Hope all is well with y'all!

I used to get :triggered: at the mention of :tits: reduction, but in my older age recognize the benefit. Should hopefully end up :notbad: for you at the end!

The couch sounds like a score, that thing must be massive! :dock:

Also glad to hear about your FIL. I know that was causing some concern, glad he's on the mend!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:18 am

:hai:

:popcorn: on the :tits:

Glad to hear the FIL is on the mend man, that is great!
:hai: Dan, yeah it's my good news update, will spare y'all :eeyore: shit LOL

He gets 30 min of walking time/day, that should keep improving over time. Once his heart is mended I'm sure he will clear out his lungs with the type of activity he typically does daily, it's one of the benefits of having ADD
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:31 am

I used to get :triggered: at the mention of :tits: reduction, but in my older age recognize the benefit. Should hopefully end up :notbad: for you at the end!

The couch sounds like a score, that thing must be massive! :dock:

Also glad to hear about your FIL. I know that was causing some concern, glad he's on the mend!
Thanks Chris, we're really glad to keep him, he's a rock for his wife and daughter, and adored by all of us.

This couch is a big bish... i wide angled it in this piktar, thankfully it comes apart into 11 pieces.