OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 am Our temps have finally dropped back down to the 70s, but humidity is still relatively high ~75%.. hopefully that drops off soon like it usually does going into fall/winter.
Dang, that's quite high for you. I hate humidity :disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:50 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 am Our temps have finally dropped back down to the 70s, but humidity is still relatively high ~75%.. hopefully that drops off soon like it usually does going into fall/winter.
Dang, that's quite high for you. I hate humidity :disgust:
Same.. our summers are never toooo hot, we’ll hit low 90s here and there, but the humidity absolutely kills it.. I felt better at 110 up in Lancaster with almost zero humidity these last few weeks than I have out here in the 80s with 80%.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:12 am First day of fall officially, and weather here couldn't be more fall-like. 60's, somewhat windy, and cloudy skies. Fall is my favorite time, but also sad because we probably won't hit 80 degrees for another 9 months. :lolol:
Rocking 107 today.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It is definitely getting more fall-like here, yesterday the high was only 75F but today it's 82F. It's been raining though, I do love fall, but I don't prefer the all day rain. I like the rain we get here in the summer that's typically concentrated to a few hours in the afternoon/night.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:12 am First day of fall officially, and weather here couldn't be more fall-like. 60's, somewhat windy, and cloudy skies. Fall is my favorite time, but also sad because we probably won't hit 80 degrees for another 9 months. :lolol:
Rocking 107 today.
But it's a dry heat...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

It has cooled off significantly here. Still "hot" to the snowbirds and some whiney locals, but I can feel a huge difference in the past couple of weeks. Low to high 80s (vs 90-95) and noticeably less humid every day now, feels almost perfect to me except it is still raining too much.

I'm kind of worried that I'll feel like the winter is still too cold, even if it's 60-something in January.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:46 pm It has cooled off significantly here. Still "hot" to the snowbirds and some whiney locals, but I can feel a huge difference in the past couple of weeks. Low to high 80s (vs 90-95) and noticeably less humid every day now, feels almost perfect to me except it is still raining too much.

I'm kind of worried that I'll feel like the winter is still too cold, even if it's 60-something in January.
It’s interesting how quickly we adapt to weather like that.. 60 here “feels” cold and I’ll probably throw a sweater on, even though growing up I would have thought that was a nice day to be out in shorts and a t-shirt.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:46 pm It has cooled off significantly here. Still "hot" to the snowbirds and some whiney locals, but I can feel a huge difference in the past couple of weeks. Low to high 80s (vs 90-95) and noticeably less humid every day now, feels almost perfect to me except it is still raining too much.

The only way to run 80s all the time is to move to Puerto Vallarta/other places close to the Equator. It's as good as it gets in the U.S. for cold haters.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

I don't think it gets that cold regularly does it? Should be mostly around 70?

But yea, it is remarkable how quickly we adapt to our environments.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 pm

The only way to run 80s all the time is to move to Puerto Vallarta/other places close to the Equator. It's as good as it gets in the U.S. for cold haters.
When is the next Mexican penthouse trip? Been getting some good usage out of it?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I do enjoy the seasonality to a degree, it is nice having different parts of the day be nice and watching the leaves change. I'm glad it doesn't get north cold here though, January highs in the 50s, lows in the 20s or 30s is pretty alright. The only time it blows hard is when it's like that and raining for weeks on end, which is rare. It's typically sunny here more often than not, but this past February was shit.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:

I don't think it gets that cold regularly does it? Should be mostly around 70?

Mostly as in the high temperature for 1 hour in the afternoon? Yeah 60-75 during the cold months. 40-65 during the other 23 hours of the day :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:22 pm
Detroit wrote: I don't think it gets that cold regularly does it? Should be mostly around 70?

Mostly as in the high temperature for 1 hour in the afternoon? Yeah 60-75 during the cold months. 40-65 during the other 23 hours of the day :doe:
Ah, good point.
SAWCE

Feeling extra hungry today. Need to wait another hour or so before I eat again so I don't eat all my food too fast and wind up feeling starving when I get into the gym after work.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:18 pm I do enjoy the seasonality to a degree, it is nice having different parts of the day be nice and watching the leaves change. I'm glad it doesn't get north cold here though, January highs in the 50s, lows in the 20s or 30s is pretty alright. The only time it blows hard is when it's like that and raining for weeks on end, which is rare. It's typically sunny here more often than not, but this past February was shit.
I think you have pretty ideal weather overall from what I can tell. I really like the change in seasons, but bitterly cold temps blow. Yea, I don't live in a good place for that, but I do enjoy the snow.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:22 pm Mostly as in the high temperature for 1 hour in the afternoon? Yeah 60-75 during the cold months. 40-65 during the other 23 hours of the day :doe:
Ah, good point.
Still beats the fuck out of ice and snow, plus we should have more than 10 minutes of sunshine per day, it's just still going to feel cold. Especially at even 15 mph on a bike.

I was pushing for Puerto Rico myself. Poncé seems :nice: if you have a remote job.

This city is better as a city :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Ah, good point.
Still beats the fuck out of ice and snow, plus we should have more than 10 minutes of sunshine per day, it's just still going to feel cold. Especially at even 15 mph on a bike.

I was pushing for Puerto Rico myself. Poncé seems :nice: if you have a remote job.

The sunshine difference will be real. I'm amazed the sunshine difference from Detroit to Northern MI, absolutely noticeable.

I love Puerto Rico. Poncé is a bit remote :doe: Something around San Juan would be 5/7.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:28 pm Still beats the fuck out of ice and snow, plus we should have more than 10 minutes of sunshine per day, it's just still going to feel cold. Especially at even 15 mph on a bike.

The sunshine difference will be real. I'm amazed the sunshine difference from Detroit to Northern MI, absolutely noticeable.

I love Puerto Rico. Poncé is a bit remote :doe: Something around San Juan would be 5/7.
I've never been to PR, but looking at the climate and crime it seemed like the South side was a lot better. Much less rain, heat, and humidity plus fewer tourists to draw the criminals.

:whocares: :doe: since it's not going to happen. We'll just drive to the Keys if we want more warmth in the winter.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:35 pm
Detroit wrote: The sunshine difference will be real. I'm amazed the sunshine difference from Detroit to Northern MI, absolutely noticeable.

I've never been to PR, but looking at the climate and crime it seemed like the South side was a lot better. Much less rain, heat, and humidity plus fewer tourists to draw the criminals.

:whocares: :doe: since it's not going to happen. We'll just drive to the Keys if we want more warmth in the winter.
PR is a fantastic place to visit, and quite a diverse place...especially with climates. You can go from the rainforest on the north east side of the island to an arid desert-like area in the south in under an hour. In fact, someone there told us that PR is one of the few places in the world to have so much climate diversity. I believe it.

The people are cool, the food is neat and unique, the geography is fantastic, and it's pretty cheap overall. A great vacation spot IMO.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:42 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:35 pm I've never been to PR, but looking at the climate and crime it seemed like the South side was a lot better. Much less rain, heat, and humidity plus fewer tourists to draw the criminals.

PR is a fantastic place to visit, and quite a diverse place...especially with climates. You can go from the rainforest on the north east side of the island to an arid desert-like area in the south in under an hour. In fact, someone there told us that PR is one of the few places in the world to have so much climate diversity. I believe it.

The people are cool, the food is neat and unique, the geography is fantastic, and it's pretty cheap overall. A great vacation spot IMO.
I've never been, I should suggest it to :tits:

I wonder if you have to go through all of the COVID :bs: to travel to/from there since it's technically still the US.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:22 pm
Detroit wrote: I don't think it gets that cold regularly does it? Should be mostly around 70?

I think one hour is a bit short... like, here it will be in the 50s from 1-5 most days in January and much colder in the morning/night.

I'm surprised how much colder it is in your area than in Miami :doe: , I can only recall seeing the 40s one time in my five or so years down there.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:42 pm

I've never been, I should suggest it to :tits:

I wonder if you have to go through all of the COVID :bs: to travel to/from there since it's technically still the US.
It's just like traveling to another state, but being an island maybe they do extra COVID stuff?

That was a big reason we liked going there, travel is VERY easy. It seems like a place that DGAF about COVID type things as much of it feels rather "3rd world" to me, especially outside of the cities and/or after a hurricane. They just don't have a ton of resources.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:22 pm Mostly as in the high temperature for 1 hour in the afternoon? Yeah 60-75 during the cold months. 40-65 during the other 23 hours of the day :doe:
I think one hour is a bit short... like, here it will be in the 50s from 1-5 most days in January and much colder in the morning/night.

I'm surprised how much colder it is in your area than in Miami :doe: , I can only recall seeing the 40s one time in my five or so years down there.
Miami is way down there. Miami up to here is almost as far North as Charlotte up to, say, Louisville/Cincinnati.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:16 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 pm

When is the next Mexican penthouse trip? Been getting some good usage out of it?
FAIR usage. Next trip is October 2, bringing IT guy down to fully complete our battle station of wireless badassery. Bought a couple of surfboards, took some lessons in Hawaii...........pretty humbling. The biggest problem was my lack of flexibility and learned muscle memory for specific tasks, as well as the fact that I am not an athlete so it's going to take some work. It wasn't a failure, I "caught waves" but not for long. I'll delve into the specifics in the workout thread but suffice it to say yoga is becoming part of my life.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:02 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:16 pm

FAIR usage. Next trip is October 2, bringing IT guy down to fully complete our battle station of wireless badassery. Bought a couple of surfboards, took some lessons in Hawaii...........pretty humbling. The biggest problem was my lack of flexibility and learned muscle memory for specific tasks, as well as the fact that I am not an athlete so it's going to take some work. It wasn't a failure, I "caught waves" but not for long. I'll delve into the specifics in the workout thread but suffice it to say yoga is becoming part of my life.
:notbad: definitely in4 surf stories. I've only been a handful of times and was terribad at it. I'm sure I could learn it with more practice, but meh, not high up on my priorities list. Can see where flexibility and yoga would definitely make it easier to learn. I need to get back to my daily stretching.