OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:50 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:45 am

Thanks man! Are you actually down for monopoly? One of my friends and I are pretty into it, I will text you next time we are going to play.
I love monopoly. I'm no good, but none of my friends will ever play it.

Well my buddy and I :fancy: ourselves pretty good but last night we lost to our other friend's gf for the second time in a row... and I think it was possibly her second full game ever :lolol:

:ohwell: I guess we suck.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also :fuckyeah:

I can't wait to drive some 'stangs, Bromaros, and GLAnotAMGs instead of Elantras and CX5s.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:59 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:50 am

I love monopoly. I'm no good, but none of my friends will ever play it.

Well my buddy and I :fancy: ourselves pretty good but last night we lost to our other friend's gf for the second time in a row... and I think it was possibly her second full game ever :lolol:

:ohwell: I guess we suck.
Wife and I love boardgames, but none of our friends do. Would be 5/7 to meet some people that liked playing boardgames and whatnot.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:00 am Also :fuckyeah:

I can't wait to drive some 'stangs, Bromaros, and GLAnotAMGs instead of Elantras and CX5s.
National has brand new A5 Sportbacks, which would swallow your bike with ease so you could ride wherever you go.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:40 pm If anyone wants status at Hertz/National/Sixt etc let me know. I can gift one personal for the holidays it looks like.
I could have a use for it in January
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

We got that presidential status through the new capital one card. I thought it just gives you a once class upgrade capped at midsize based on what I read in the fine print.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:33 pm We got that presidential status through the new capital one card. I thought it just gives you a once class upgrade capped at midsize based on what I read in the fine print.
You can book a "standard" car and go to the PC isle and grab any car there for the same price. Pre pandemic there were usually a couple winners in there like the occasional 5 series, Mustang/Camaro, or Yukon etc, you get rewards points faster, and some small regional airports that don't have isles or sections will hook you up with a pretty decent upgrade. Overall I think status at National is much better, and you can status match just like I told Dan.

https://status.emeraldclub.com/

https://www.sixt.com/#/b2bregistration? ... 6df999d0fa
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:26 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:33 pm We got that presidential status through the new capital one card. I thought it just gives you a once class upgrade capped at midsize based on what I read in the fine print.
You can book a "standard" car and go to the PC isle and grab any car there for the same price. Pre pandemic there were usually a couple winners in there like the occasional 5 series, Mustang/Camaro, or Yukon etc, you get rewards points faster, and some small regional airports that don't have isles or sections will hook you up with a pretty decent upgrade. Overall I think status at National is much better, and you can status match just like I told Dan.

Yep even the pleb version of National offers some level of choice in cars and is pretty solid.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:26 pm

:themoreyouknow:
ChrisoftheNorth

Getting our first big snow storm of the year. Wife is in CA and asked that I record a video snowblowing for our nephew. Apparently the kid LOVES learning things from videos.

My Ego SINGLE STAGE snowblower ripping snow ~5" of snow ...

I've got a line on a BEAST 2 stage blower, but I'm waiting for the 4R to get here so I can rent a trailer to tow it home. :hibachi: on that bish being stuck at the port.

At the rate the snow is falling, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 8-12". :impressive: :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That little blower rips. I always hated smelling like gas after blowing snow.

Meanwhile it was 50 degrees when I woke up and I let my car idle in the driveway for ten minutes do I could get it toasty inside :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:34 am That little blower rips. I always hated smelling like gas after blowing snow.

Meanwhile it was 50 degrees when I woke up and I let my car idle in the driveway for ten minutes do I could get it toasty inside :lolol:
I'm amazed by the little battery snow blower. As long as it's only dealing with ~6" of snow, it's a beast. Problem is, yesterday's storm brought 9ish inches, so the video is me clearing the first 5-6" and I have another 3ish to clear today. But we're supposed to get another 1-3" during the day today so :iono:

It's SO MUCH better than dealing with gas. The batteries charge up to full in ~20 minutes, which is a nice break to warm up, do a shot, etc.

But the 2 stage I'm grabbing from my buddy is a 4-stroke. Ego makes a 2 stage snowblower, but it's $1,200 and my buddy just wants his 2 stage out of his garage. So free.99 > 1,200.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:58 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:34 am That little blower rips. I always hated smelling like gas after blowing snow.

I'm amazed by the little battery snow blower. As long as it's only dealing with ~6" of snow, it's a beast. Problem is, yesterday's storm brought 9ish inches, so the video is me clearing the first 5-6" and I have another 3ish to clear today. But we're supposed to get another 1-3" during the day today so :iono:

It's SO MUCH better than dealing with gas. The batteries charge up to full in ~20 minutes, which is a nice break to warm up, do a shot, etc.

But the 2 stage I'm grabbing from my buddy is a 4-stroke. Ego makes a 2 stage snowblower, but it's $1,200 and my buddy just wants his 2 stage out of his garage. So free.99 > 1,200.
Yeah our 2 stage was fine through 24" or so at a time.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:20 pm Getting our first big snow storm of the year. Wife is in CA and asked that I record a video snowblowing for our nephew. Apparently the kid LOVES learning things from videos.

I've got a line on a BEAST 2 stage blower, but I'm waiting for the 4R to get here so I can rent a trailer to tow it home. :hibachi: on that bish being stuck at the port.

At the rate the snow is falling, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 8-12". :impressive: :fuckyeah:
Subscribed to channel for the upcoming sex Ed on a boat video.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:15 am
Detroit wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:20 pm Getting our first big snow storm of the year. Wife is in CA and asked that I record a video snowblowing for our nephew. Apparently the kid LOVES learning things from videos.

Subscribed to channel for the upcoming sex Ed on a boat video.
:lolol: Thanks breh.

There will be semi-regular updates to the channel with content like this. Apparently this video above was a hit in CA, so wife wants to do more.

Sex ed might be a few years out :doe: but boat content will happen.
max225

:dang: it’s like lawn mowing the driveway in the winter
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

That was good, I lolled a bit with the hat intro :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:impressive:

Meanwhile, in Charlotte, the high is 70F today. I just went for a very pleasant AM bike ride, started off around 52. It's unseasonably warm and I'm loving it.

The leaves are still coming down hard here, I've been clearing 1-2X/week and the yard is covered. I have to say, I love my 40V electric blower and mower. I now can mulch up/bag a lot of leaves with the mower, and not dicking with maintenance/smelling like gas, etc. is great. They're also quiet enough to listen to podcasts or audio books during which makes it far more enjoyable. Environmental beneshits are a nice bonus as well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:43 am That was good, I lolled a bit with the hat intro :lol:
Yep, hat intro was 5/7, would watch again.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:33 am

:dang: it’s like lawn mowing the driveway in the winter
Yep. Which we don't have a lawn to mow, so I pretty much just get to clear the driveway in the winter instead.

It's 34 degrees out, so the snow got HEAVY and slushy. I just cleared 3" off the driveway and it was harder than the 5" yesterday. Woof, quite a workout.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:58 am

Meanwhile, in Charlotte, the high is 70F today. I just went for a very pleasant AM bike ride, started off around 52. It's unseasonably warm and I'm loving it.

The leaves are still coming down hard here, I've been clearing 1-2X/week and the yard is covered. I have to say, I love my 40V electric blower and mower. I now can mulch up/bag a lot of leaves with the mower, and not dicking with maintenance/smelling like gas, etc. is great. They're also quiet enough to listen to podcasts or audio books during which makes it far more enjoyable. Environmental beneshits are a nice bonus as well.
We still have leaves coming off the oak trees here. It's crazy how late they are, quite a bit of my snowblowing is blowing leaves. :impressive: multi-use tool.

I REALLY like the electric tools too. I should probably buy the electric 2 stage snowblower instead of my buddy's gas, but the cost is a tough one to accept for such a thing.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:58 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:43 am That was good, I lolled a bit with the hat intro :lol:
Yep, hat intro was 5/7, would watch again.
:notbad:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Oh man, ate so much food last night.

We started out with some homemade sushi. Went to the fish market right when they opened yesterday morning and grabbed some FOB tuna and salmon. 1.5lbs total and a thing of nori for like $45 :notbad: Cooked up 4 cups of sushi rice, complete with the sugar and rice wine vinegar, then shredded some carrots and cucumbers to put in the rolls too. Only thing I wish I'd remembered to grab for the salmon rolls was some avocado. Ate 2 big ass rolls, then had a bunch of sashimi and nigiri. Probably had 2.5 cups of rice and close to 1lb of fish myself with Michelle eating the rest. About 20 minutes after finishing I was still hungry so ordered a large stuffed crust pizza, cheese sticks, and chicken poppers from Papa Johns. Ate half the pizza, a little over half the cheese sticks, and almost all of the chicken. :fatty: Made sure to get a little walk in after the pizza and stuff so I actually felt fine going to bed and woke up hungry.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:03 am Oh man, ate so much food last night.

We started out with some homemade sushi. Went to the fish market right when they opened yesterday morning and grabbed some FOB tuna and salmon. 1.5lbs total and a thing of nori for like $45 :notbad: Cooked up 4 cups of sushi rice, complete with the sugar and rice wine vinegar, then shredded some carrots and cucumbers to put in the rolls too. Only thing I wish I'd remembered to grab for the salmon rolls was some avocado. Ate 2 big ass rolls, then had a bunch of sashimi and nigiri. Probably had 2.5 cups of rice and close to 1lb of fish myself with Michelle eating the rest. About 20 minutes after finishing I was still hungry so ordered a large stuffed crust pizza, cheese sticks, and chicken poppers from Papa Johns. Ate half the pizza, a little over half the cheese sticks, and almost all of the chicken. :fatty: Made sure to get a little walk in after the pizza and stuff so I actually felt fine going to bed and woke up hungry.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:13 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:03 am Oh man, ate so much food last night.

Something about how light fish is, or maybe it has to do with it being uncooked and that makes it easier to digest (?) :iono: but my body just absorbs that shit so fast. I legitimately didn't feel like I had eaten anything at all after all the fish and rice was gone.

Next time we do a homemade sushi night I'll make sure to have something more healthy on hand to add to the meal so I don't order a pizza again :lol: maybe do some surf and turf and cook up a steak :drool: