28%
No
72%

Total votes: 25
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Interestingly, only one vote for banning so far, so that's something, I guess.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:dat: pretty well sums up the situation.

Good reminder on the Сибирь option.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:08 pm Good Afternoon All!

A few people have reached out to me after the recent :trollface: attempts by :dubshow: , :waxer: , and :fax: requesting that they be banned, as they clearly came back simply to stir the pot. Back in September or so when some of this drama began, I was very much in the 'free speech/democracy' camp, and since taking over I think things were largely smooth around here. Given many of you contributed your own hard earned money to keep this place alive from that point up until 12 months from now or so, I'd like to put this to vote.

I am going to withhold posting my own opinions on the matter, but feel free to do so in this thread if you'd like, and to vote if you have an opinion.

I am honestly not sure on what a fair threshold/count would be, so we'll see if this goes overwhelmingly one way versus the other.
No
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:10 pm And this is why I don't come around often, and also why most of the local forums around me died. Too many people get into a pissing match with each other and it goes to shit. We're adults, we should be able to have some civil discourse about stuff, even in these troubled times.

We're all not ever gonna like/agree with each other, but to try and tout that your view point is the only one that matters and piss on everyone for believing something different is beyond childish. I'd love for them to come back and be part of this place thriving and continuing to grow, but I'm also perturbed by the fact that members reached out to the Admins asking for them to ban said members as well.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but that's my .02 on the situation.
This as well. Asking someone to ban someone is some sort of cuck move
wap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:50 pm :dat: pretty well sums up the situation.

It's always a good day to send someone to Сибирь.

Send them to the land where the thawing permafrost just might blow them sky high and leave nothing but a couple bloody stumps and a big crater in their stead.

I'll admit, my kneejerk reaction to someone's barely-masked wedding was less than ideal, but when you've spent a year distancing yourself to keep your 95 year old grandmother healthy, because who the fuck knows when you'll lose another grandparent, and you get invited to a wedding that you've been directly told will be "responsible" and "socially distanced" and then you show up to something that's the exact fucking opposite when there's plenty of obvious opportunity to make it a relatively acceptable event? Fuck off. Just fuck. off. That was not what we RSVP'd to.

I have not gotten sick since February of 2020. From my sample group of 2, I can tell you that masks and social distancing do work. It's wonderful.
But :notwrong: :doe: so :aintcare:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:39 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:10 pm And this is why I don't come around often, and also why most of the local forums around me died. Too many people get into a pissing match with each other and it goes to shit. We're adults, we should be able to have some civil discourse about stuff, even in these troubled times.

We're all not ever gonna like/agree with each other, but to try and tout that your view point is the only one that matters and piss on everyone for believing something different is beyond childish. I'd love for them to come back and be part of this place thriving and continuing to grow, but I'm also perturbed by the fact that members reached out to the Admins asking for them to ban said members as well.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but that's my .02 on the situation.
:iono: Given there was agreement around operating more like a co-op and not a dictatorship, I think bringing it up and suggesting a vote is fine.

That said, this entire place was founded around trolling, many of us were banned from :mk6: for troll attempts :lolol: While to me personally, bombarding Zack's classified page was in poor taste, it is still relatively harmless IMO. I don't really take issue with them sharing their thoughts about COVID/vaccinations in the COVID thread. Also, I challenge anyone who's never said anything in poor taste on this forum to cast the first stone... we all have.

I believe that 95% of the US/world is extra sensitive right now with political/social differences; we are coming off the most polarizing president in our lifetime, we are amidst a global pandemic that effected everyone in a huge way, and when things stretch past issues like taxes, gas prices, and bridge construction to our own health, wellbeing, and livelihood as well as those of our loved ones, it's easy to become upset.

I actually agree with something you, Max, said recently. This place is cool because we are from all over North America with various backgrounds, wealth levels, etc. We've all learned a lot from each other and much of that is due to being different. Most of my local friends and family are very much like me. Things like buying and financing a house, for example, were made easier for me because of this forum.

I digress... The voting seems quite one sided, so their accounts will stay open, although I'd be surprised to see any of them post much going forward.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:03 pm

:iono: Given there was agreement around operating more like a co-op and not a dictatorship, I think bringing it up and suggesting a vote is fine.

That said, this entire place was founded around trolling, many of us were banned from :mk6: for troll attempts :lolol: While to me personally, bombarding Zack's classified page was in poor taste, it is still relatively harmless IMO. I don't really take issue with them sharing their thoughts about COVID/vaccinations in the COVID thread. Also, I challenge anyone who's never said anything in poor taste on this forum to cast the first stone... we all have.

I believe that 95% of the US/world is extra sensitive right now with political/social differences; we are coming off the most polarizing president in our lifetime, we are amidst a global pandemic that effected everyone in a huge way, and when things stretch past issues like taxes, gas prices, and bridge construction to our own health, wellbeing, and livelihood as well as those of our loved ones, it's easy to become upset.

I actually agree with something you, Max, said recently. This place is cool because we are from all over North America with various backgrounds, wealth levels, etc. We've all learned a lot from each other and much of that is due to being different. Most of my local friends and family are very much like me. Things like buying and financing a house, for example, were made easier for me because of this forum.

I digress... The voting seems quite one sided, so their accounts will stay open, although I'd be surprised to see any of them post much going forward.
:howdareu:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:32 am

Counterpoint: If you continue to allow cancerous members to exist, the good ones will leave, and you’ll be left with nothing.

Keep that in mind.

Continuous negativity brings the whole mood down. I think it’s very safe to say that without :fax: and :dubshow: around, the forum was doing quite well.

For the record, I still haven’t voted because I think an outright ban is too easy. Сибирь is my vote.
Also correct, as that’s part of why I don’t spend much time here. The bickering and pissing matches that happen over the differences we have isn’t interesting to me. I’ve been around forums long enough to be more than tired of it and just kind of come and go as I can. I enjoy being around and making friends, seeing how everyone is doing, getting or giving advice and having genuine discussions about our differences.

When those turn into name calling bitchfests because the issues that have been presented, I have no interest in being around; been there, done that. As far as the whole topic on COVID and being called a sheep, I have no time for it because I’ve seen the data and know a bunch of people in the medical field, and it’s worse than the numbers will ever truly show. It’s not hard to wear a mask and help, but the fact that it’s a controversial issue blows my mind.

All that said, I voted no on the ban. Put them in the timeout zone, as they don’t seem like they’re coming back anyway.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 pm
wap wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:50 pm :dat: pretty well sums up the situation.

It's always a good day to send someone to Сибирь.

Send them to the land where the thawing permafrost just might blow them sky high and leave nothing but a couple bloody stumps and a big crater in their stead.

I'll admit, my kneejerk reaction to someone's barely-masked wedding was less than ideal, but when you've spent a year distancing yourself to keep your 95 year old grandmother healthy, because who the fuck knows when you'll lose another grandparent, and you get invited to a wedding that you've been directly told will be "responsible" and "socially distanced" and then you show up to something that's the exact fucking opposite when there's plenty of obvious opportunity to make it a relatively acceptable event? Fuck off. Just fuck. off. That was not what we RSVP'd to.

I have not gotten sick since February of 2020. From my sample group of 2, I can tell you that masks and social distancing do work. It's wonderful.
I can definitely feel the :rage: and you do have a point on that wedding. That being said, at times I can :rage: on a bunch of stuff that leaves me :triggered: where it just leaves negativity, but for those who know me and met me, I am a pretty nice guy that :rage: adrenaline dump doesn't last me that long either. I'm basically like an earthquake at times whenever I encounter things that I'm involved really grind my gears.

Also I too have never gotten the corona. Anyone who I met has also never gotten the corona shortly after I met them. I have lost my grandmother years ago so I know it's :eeyore: to overcome that, to the point where I deactivated all my socials.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I agree and have witnessed it like no other. Just last summer, I witnessed this one guy was attempting suicide cause he lost his job, lost his wife from the corona, his words. I have also personally gotten :eeyore: as well but I kept it to myself for the most part. I always keep myself on a positive outlook from certain things and there are hobbies that I have gotten back to and made some plans when I come back in August or September just as much as I'll do here for the coming months, especially when my downpayment is sitting next to me ready to purchase.

Also agreed with the last paragraph, it's because of you guys and the OT crews made the golfmk6 interesting enough to stay, luckily I jumped in not too long before datforumdoe ending up finding a greek breh aka :wap: and an eastern european breh. Im waiting for the next dfd meeting, whether it can be pdrbq or the like or tail of the dragon.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

I guess I missed some shenanigans.

I voted "No." I've seen enough forums basically ban themselves into obscurity. If people want to pop in, be clowns, and pick fights, it's whatever. I would say that a ban should be considered if a person takes it beyond the thread, such as singling out a particular member and sending private messages to them or escalating things in some other fashion.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:48 pm I guess I missed some shenanigans.

I voted "No." I've seen enough forums basically ban themselves into obscurity. If people want to pop in, be clowns, and pick fights, it's whatever. I would say that a ban should be considered if a person takes it beyond the thread, such as singling out a particular member and sending private messages to them or escalating things in some other fashion.
I agree with this and would reiterate that if the bolded happens, the best course of action is to just ignore them. If they don't get a reaction they'll go away. Much like what happened the other day. They were casting but their bait remained for the most part untaken.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Irish: What if the person who named Walkie Talkies named everything?

Razor390: Pregnancy tests are Maybe Babies

[user not found]: Socks are Feetie Heaties

D Griffin: Forks are Stabby Grabbies

WAP: Defibrillators are Heartie Starties

Apex: Nightmares are Dreamy Screamies

Tarspin: Stamps are Lickie Stickies

Waxer Brad and Dubshow, annoyed (in unison): You are disappointments.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:39 pm

I agree and have witnessed it like no other. Just last summer, I witnessed this one guy was attempting suicide cause he lost his job, lost his wife from the corona, his words. I have also personally gotten :eeyore: as well but I kept it to myself for the most part. I always keep myself on a positive outlook from certain things and there are hobbies that I have gotten back to and made some plans when I come back in August or September just as much as I'll do here for the coming months, especially when my downpayment is sitting next to me ready to purchase.

Also agreed with the last paragraph, it's because of you guys and the OT crews made the golfmk6 interesting enough to stay, luckily I jumped in not too long before datforumdoe ending up finding a greek breh aka :wap: and an eastern european breh. Im waiting for the next dfd meeting, whether it can be pdrbq or the like or tail of the dragon.
:dat:

I have been pretty down at times as well... hell, I was extremely negative on here in January/February and just hating life... couldn't go anywhere because of COVID, couldn't go outside because of shit weather... :iono: it happens.

:ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:22 pm Irish: What if the person who named Walkie Talkies named everything?

POTD.

:lolgasm:
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:17 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:22 pm Irish: What if the person who named Walkie Talkies named everything?

POTD.

:lolgasm:
:dat: :lolol:
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:16 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:39 pm

:dat:

I have been pretty down at times as well... hell, I was extremely negative on here in January/February and just hating life... couldn't go anywhere because of COVID, couldn't go outside because of shit weather... :iono: it happens.

:ohwell:
I feel you. I was taking walks in 4 degree temps just to get out and walk earlier this year.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:bravo:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Shit like this is why I don't come around here much anymore.

There's nothing ban worthy in that OT thread unless I'm missing something.
Everyone is handling the virus differently. People have different opinions on what's acceptable or not.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:39 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:23 pm Shit like this is why I don't come around here much anymore.

Everyone is handling the virus differently. People have different opinions on what's acceptable or not.
Yeah, you missed them intentionally derailing a classifieds thread of mine, which has since been cleaned up.
oh he mad for us pointing out blatant hypocrisy. such anger. wow. :meatspin:
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:39 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:23 pm Shit like this is why I don't come around here much anymore.

Yeah, you missed them intentionally derailing a classifieds thread of mine, which has since been cleaned up.
Your head is so far up your ass, how can you breathe? Surely no mask can fit in the tight space.

If you weren't such a smug fuck, you might see the irony in us coming to a forum of maybe 12 people and "derailing" your stupid fucking shill thread. Akin to you shitting all over someone's instagram about something as important and personal as a wedding? Hardly in the same realm. If I gave enough fucks, Id shit on your biz instagram/fb etc but I really can't be bothered nor have any ill will. I gave just enough fucks to log in after being linked to your wedding antics. You know me, I know you. I've met more than half of the people here. We will never have the pleasure of real discourse again. Real big guy to act hard on the insta, "I left immediately" when you really just sat outside, waiting....

Fucking please. Get the fuck over yourself.

The laugh I had at your expense, reading about you pouting like a bitch for 3 hours, raging at your wife and sitting outside alone is fucking priceless. I didn't think your were that much of an autist, be here we fucking are. When will you realize you wont control people? Worry about your own shit, stick to your principles and move the fuck on. The cards of this shit will land where they may, and you cant change that. I really hope the parts game works for you. I never want anyone in the bread line. Our half assed 2 minute effort to rustle jimmies, with legit points.... ? Really?

Have you forgotten the hell you put Aaron/apr through? Shitting in your parts thread for a hand full of post hardly compares. Real solid business there :like:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:02 am 'ih he mad slinging mud'

:fax:, have you forgotten about your “noble” fight against the corrupt HOA where we were all rooting for you, despite the fact that you could have just NOT painted your front door an unapproved color?

But let’s be real here, nobody really likes having you two poisonous dicks around bringing the mood down. You’re both the biggest reason we’ve lost so many great members over the years and your “triumphant return” from the swamp of righteousness has only cemented people’s resolve to leave for good. Outside of the internet, I’m sure you’ve also lost touch with people in real life because of your negativity, too. Enjoy throwing shit from your lonely islands.
re: my story. go back and re read the timeline. your :fax: are wrong, and...

re: bolded it sounds like you been talking to your 'buddies' over in the private spaces and letting them whisper poison about us in your ear, considering the context, timing and language. Perhaps try thinking for yourself. You don't even know an 1/8 of all that went down in the other group, so don't even. And I don't need, want, or desire your validation. in fact, how about you work on yourself man, and stop worrying about me and my people? And BTW, I'm doing great over here rn, thanks for asking. The lemonade we made from the covid stuff is fabulous. If you ain't got nothing good to say keep my name out your mouth and ideally your mind.

:micdrop:
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

22 fucken votes? :wat: