No or Not yet
89%

Total votes: 18
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Curious how this pans out.

Also if you could list your state and how you suspect you contracted it, that would be helpful, to us that are trying to avoid it.

To you all that have it, I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Last edited by max225 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I have not caught the Rona by far nor felt any of the symptoms, never got sick, checked body temp religiously. Rocked my mask when there are some people around me and indoors at all cost, but take it off when there's no one around me, in my car (hell I keep it in there in the US).

State: VA
as you know I was in Turkey until 2 weeks, not as bad in the United States and with some major European countries. The stores and restaurants (when they were open and wasn't much high in numbers) there are people at the entrance who checked my temp everytime I get in, always maintained 35-36 celsius.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Need to change the "No" option to "Not yet..." :doomed:
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:25 pm I have not caught the Rona by far nor felt any of the symptoms, never got sick, checked body temp religiously.

as you know I was in Turkey until 2 weeks, not as bad in the United States and with some major European countries. The stores and restaurants (when they were open and wasn't much high in numbers) they check temp everytime I get in, always maintained 35-36 celsius.
Yep, the recent development of a couple of members here catching it got my attention.

Also negative (for now) in Commiefornia. My sister just got sick in germany and got a test done today (results thursday) ... good times. She works with kids and they didn't close that down in germany and she complained of sick kids daily... :iono:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:28 pm Need to change the "No" option to "Not yet..." :doomed:
done
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:28 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:25 pm I have not caught the Rona by far nor felt any of the symptoms, never got sick, checked body temp religiously.

as you know I was in Turkey until 2 weeks, not as bad in the United States and with some major European countries. The stores and restaurants (when they were open and wasn't much high in numbers) they check temp everytime I get in, always maintained 35-36 celsius.
Yep, the recent development of a couple of members here catching it got my attention.

Also negative (for now) in Commiefornia. My sister just got sick in germany and got a test done today (results thursday) ... good times. She works with kids and they didn't close that down in germany and she complained of sick kids daily... :iono:
:dat: I had bunch of plans for this bound, but I decided to postpone most of it (social interactions to be exact) when I come back in April, hoping things will become much easier by then.

Our state governor and also DC has already put major restrictions, like limiting alcohol from restaurants and the like, shorten opening times, limiting gathering capacity, etc. etc. Turkey isn't doing that good either as we surpassed our record in the first wave, Istanbul is the only place that's on a better direction for that right now, thank god. (I will also actually self-quarantine myself regardless)
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

We still have mask mandates in place, but people are going for more and more indoor dining as it gets colder, malls/shopping are fucking packed, cases are skyrocketing.

I would definitely prefer to not contract, I feel like I had gotten somewhat lax, still always rocking the mask and stuff, but doing more group outdoor things like bike rides/breweries, which I am now cutting out other than with a few close friends who I know are practicing similar caution.

We shall see. I'm surprised :tits: hasn't picked it up at work (K-8 school), as she has been back since August. There have only been four confirmed cases at her school though (around 450 students and 50 staff).
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:39 pm

We still have mask mandates in place, but people are going for more and more indoor dining as it gets colder, malls/shopping are fucking packed, cases are skyrocketing.

I would definitely prefer to not contract, I feel like I had gotten somewhat lax, still always rocking the mask and stuff, but doing more group outdoor things like bike rides/breweries, which I am now cutting out other than with a few close friends who I know are practicing similar caution.

We shall see. I'm surprised :tits: hasn't picked it up at work (K-8 school), as she has been back since August. There have only been four confirmed cases at her school though (around 450 students and 50 staff).
That's to be expected, especially since it is the holiday season, thats why i either shop/order online or whenever i go to the mall, I pick up and leave. No black friday for me, I wonder how the tysons corner traffic will be like this time around.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:hai:

:ayfkm:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

The thing that's pissing me off is testing.

I'll be amazed if the wife doesn't have it. We got her tested on Saturday and are still waiting for results. They wouldn't test me then. My niece has it, and we last watched her 13 days before her positive diagnosis, two days before she started showing symptoms. I went to the County testing center and because I'm not showing symptoms myself, I'm not eligible for testing on the County programs. Any private place is booked up for 4-5 days right now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:09 pm The thing that's pissing me off is testing.

I'll be amazed if the wife doesn't have it. We got her tested on Saturday and are still waiting for results. They wouldn't test me then. My niece has it, and we last watched her 13 days before her positive diagnosis, two days before she started showing symptoms. I went to the County testing center and because I'm not showing symptoms myself, I'm not eligible for testing on the County programs. Any private place is booked up for 4-5 days right now.
Dang man, that blows. Have you checked any other surrounding counties? Maybe somewhere with lower population? My test results were available in under 30 minutes. Bookings are definitely not easy to come by, but I was able to find one Friday night at 7 PM from looking midday Thursday.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Illinois locked down again. Restaurants, bars, movie theaters, gyms, etc are closed, but I see restaurants flouting the edict all over the place. :rage:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:20 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:09 pm The thing that's pissing me off is testing.

Dang man, that blows. Have you checked any other surrounding counties? Maybe somewhere with lower population? My test results were available in under 30 minutes. Bookings are definitely not easy to come by, but I was able to find one Friday night at 7 PM from looking midday Thursday.
It’s a county restriction for the drive in testing sites that you have to be a resident.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

No/Not Yet.

State: Texas

I am an essential worker and even if the office is “WFH” in capacities, I am still on site. We’ve had 10+ cases since March from folks at the office.

Contact tracing done by our HR/Pandemic team and they verify whether someone might’ve been exposed. So far, I have not been contacted in that regard.

My city has I think opened to about 50% capacity for restaurants, etc. but still requires masking and social distancing.

I’ve gone out with the family since then, mainly to shop and to have the :baby: interact/see/hear shit that’s not just our apartment.

The ‘vid will seriously stunt her social growth and we hate that. We go to an indoor playground that has full sanitation protocols and they wipe the toys and stuff every hour. We keep her in the toddler area and sanitize our hands constantly.

My city hasn’t been insanely crazy with the numbers even though we have 2M+ in the “metro area”.

I either got it and showed no symptoms or haven’t gotten it yet.

PS. I always treat milk and cereal as a snack, and I feel like that is helping me in terms of my vitamin D levels. I’ve been throwing in a multivitamin as well for measure.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:54 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:20 pm

It’s a county restriction for the drive in testing sites that you have to be a resident.
We have a gentrified bar hood here where I saw multiple sprinter vans with the rapid test. I think they charge $100 or something, and it’s not as accurate, but might be good to do one just to see? Do they have rapid tests anywhere in your area?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:08 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:54 pm

We have a gentrified bar hood here where I saw multiple sprinter vans with the rapid test. I think they charge $100 or something, and it’s not as accurate, but might be good to do one just to see? Do they have rapid tests anywhere in your area?
They do, but it’s by appointment and 3 days out...

Not that it really matters.

If she’s got it; it’s just a matter of time for me to get it too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:17 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Weirdly, I know multiple couples where one spouse got it, the other did not. It also seems common for one person to have horrible symptoms and the other to experience nothing more than a cold-like thing.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

She came back negative.
razr390

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:38 pm She came back negative.
Interesting. Any way she can test one more time? I’ve heard of instances when someone tests negative then positive.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:41 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:38 pm She came back negative.
Interesting. Any way she can test one more time? I’ve heard of instances when someone tests negative then positive.
Working on it now. May not be able to get back in until Friday.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Yea. that may have been a false negative. :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:17 pm

Weirdly, I know multiple couples where one spouse got it, the other did not. It also seems common for one person to have horrible symptoms and the other to experience nothing more than a cold-like thing.
I can speak to the bolded; I've heard that your symptoms will be generally more mild if you've had one of the many other corona viruses in the past. I've personally had to endure numerous viruses over the six years that my kiddos have been catching shit at daycares and schools. :notbad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:47 pm Illinois locked down again. Restaurants, bars, movie theaters, gyms, etc are closed, but I see restaurants flouting the edict all over the place. :rage:
Most of the restaurants I usually go to in my area are pretty much dead even with only a few parties(aka tables) at best though you can dine in to an extent or outdoors, but places like hooters and the like, it's like a normal day and I have yet to see tents there. Main reason why I'm avoiding basic chains. I have yet only ate "out" once via curbside pickup :doe:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Haven't gotten it yet in DE. I travel into PA almost daily for work. I had one low-risk, possible exposure and got tested as a result just for reassurance. The test came back negative.

We'll see what happens in the coming months. All I can do is keep taking precautions.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

I know I'm super late with the poll but yes I got back in last year late March-early April. Lost sense of smell and taste for a few days, bit of ache in my back. However, I got some nasty headaches, like pretty bad ones that I had to sit down for a bit. Felt like my head was going to explode. Thankfully that was all for me, headache lingered around for a bit but everything else only lasted for a few days.