OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:38 am
Irish wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:58 pm Brothers 83 y.o. Father in Law (guy I have known for 40 years), slight shortness of breath for 48 hours after 2nd Dose of Moderna.
Does he not count? :disappoint:
Missed it. Sorry. Adding now, as "minimal side effects"
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

wap wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:59 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:11 am
Adding our beloved :melon:
SECOND DOSE ONLY (or DOSE for J&J)

Moderna:
4 total.
2 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
13 total.
3 zero reaction.
6 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, and :melon: here. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after.
2 fairly bad, 1 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day. 1 with fatigue, nausea, muscle and full body aches that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.

One-and-done J&J:
2 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day. 1 (our own Huckleberry) with chills and fever.

Moderna:
5 total.
3 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
13 total.
3 zero reaction.
6 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, and :melon: here. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after.
2 fairly bad, 1 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day. 1 with fatigue, nausea, muscle and full body aches that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.

One-and-done J&J:
2 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day. 1 (our own Huckleberry) with chills and fever.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Little hospital update: it’s so great hearing from a ton of older people that they’ve had their two doses, and so far I have not seen a positive test on a vaccinated person. Last night I did admit a young healthy man, mid thirties, zero risk factors, who was covid positive. He had not been vaccinated yet, but his lungs were in pretty bad shape and he was sent to the step down ICU (he didn’t need to be intubated... yet). I’m hearing from the providers that they’re seeing more young people admitted to the hospital with covid because they’re all going out like life is normal again, but most are not vaccinated yet.

Obviously this is totally anecdotal and I don’t have stats to back that up (I’m sure they’re out there, I’m just lazy) but still good to think about if you’re still waiting on your vaccine or debating whether to get it or not.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

haleyann wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:55 pm Little hospital update: it’s so great hearing from a ton of older people that they’ve had their two doses, and so far I have not seen a positive test on a vaccinated person. Last night I did admit a young healthy man, mid thirties, zero risk factors, who was covid positive. He had not been vaccinated yet, but his lungs were in pretty bad shape and he was sent to the step down ICU (he didn’t need to be intubated... yet). I’m hearing from the providers that they’re seeing more young people admitted to the hospital with covid because they’re all going out like life is normal again, but most are not vaccinated yet.

Obviously this is totally anecdotal and I don’t have stats to back that up (I’m sure they’re out there, I’m just lazy) but still good to think about if you’re still waiting on your vaccine or debating whether to get it or not.
Another anecdotal note that’s similar:

Dude my wife grew up with, 35 or so recently got COVID. He ended up in the ICU and nearly died, hadn’t been vaccinated even though he’s a nurse :wtf:

Fortunately, he pulled through but just barely, he was on a ventilator for a couple of weeks and I think received the antibody therapy as well. After coming through he did a major social media campaign encouraging others to go out and get their shots unlike him.

He is not obese or anything like that either, he’s into weight lifting. Obviously these are rare cases but still scary. We went out last night for a dinner/ice cream date. We still opted for outside eating but at this point I’m not worried, today is two weeks from my second dose, longer for :tits: Things are certainly seeming quite socially active in Charlotte, hopefully people are continuing to be careful.

We walked to the eateries and passed by a wedding venue with a wedding going on indoors, zero masks to be found :triggered:
wap

:hai: Haley.

In Illinois, and especially in the Chicago area, we're seeing a pretty big spike in cases the past few weeks and it's primarily younger people who are all going out like everything is normal when it is clearly not. That age demographic is accounting for most of the new cases and hospital admissions. Fucking :millennial: 's. IT'S NOT OVER YET. Go get your shots and maybe by later this summer you can resume being stupid with less potential consequences. :rage:

Haley, too bad you weren't here when the :salt: crew dive bombed in here with their :science: denying :bs:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:50 am Picking up where I left off, fever broke yesterday around 6:00pm. Slept through the night, woke up sweating once, but went right back to sleep. 7:00am (46 hours since the shot) feeling fine.
Got my 2nd yesterday, last night woke up at 3am with throbbing headache, fever, and sweats. Today at work it's better, but sluggish.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Had a positive case at work today. The fucking dickhole was showing symptoms, got tested, and then came into work for his 4pm-midnight shift yesterday where he has to be in a room with another person for the entire shift. He received the positive result this morning.

What blows my mind is that no one stopped him from coming in and no one told him to get the fuck out.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:58 pm Had a positive case at work today. The fucking dickhole was showing symptoms, got tested, and then came into work for his 4pm-midnight shift yesterday where he has to be in a room with another person for the entire shift. He received the positive result this morning.

What blows my mind is that no one stopped him from coming in and no one told him to get the fuck out.
"I can't taste a thing. Better head into the office."
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Huckleberry

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:16 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:58 pm Had a positive case at work today. The fucking dickhole was showing symptoms, got tested, and then came into work for his 4pm-midnight shift yesterday where he has to be in a room with another person for the entire shift. He received the positive result this morning.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:44 am
haleyann wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:55 pm Little hospital update: it’s so great hearing from a ton of older people that they’ve had their two doses, and so far I have not seen a positive test on a vaccinated person. Last night I did admit a young healthy man, mid thirties, zero risk factors, who was covid positive. He had not been vaccinated yet, but his lungs were in pretty bad shape and he was sent to the step down ICU (he didn’t need to be intubated... yet). I’m hearing from the providers that they’re seeing more young people admitted to the hospital with covid because they’re all going out like life is normal again, but most are not vaccinated yet.

Another anecdotal note that’s similar:

Dude my wife grew up with, 35 or so recently got COVID. He ended up in the ICU and nearly died, hadn’t been vaccinated even though he’s a nurse :wtf:

Fortunately, he pulled through but just barely, he was on a ventilator for a couple of weeks and I think received the antibody therapy as well. After coming through he did a major social media campaign encouraging others to go out and get their shots unlike him.

He is not obese or anything like that either, he’s into weight lifting. Obviously these are rare cases but still scary. We went out last night for a dinner/ice cream date. We still opted for outside eating but at this point I’m not worried, today is two weeks from my second dose, longer for :tits: Things are certainly seeming quite socially active in Charlotte, hopefully people are continuing to be careful.

We walked to the eateries and passed by a wedding venue with a wedding going on indoors, zero masks to be found :triggered:
That's just :fullretard: at this point. But ya knoww, it is a hoaxxxx :thankstrump:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:33 pm

:dat:
(And all the other replies below this one).
We still all have to take our temps every morning and text a pic of the thermometer to someone at work every morning. Even those of us who are fully vaccinated. That simple requirement may have caught this bone head before he could come in.
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:24 pm

We still all have to take our temps every morning and text a pic of the thermometer to someone at work every morning. Even those of us who are fully vaccinated. That simple requirement may have caught this bone head before he could come in.
The doozy is that we require temp checks, but guess which symptom he didn't have.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:59 pm

The doozy is that we require temp checks, but guess which symptom he didn't have.
:ayfkm:
Dang.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

My best friend (34, overweight, no other Conditions) who I talk to daily just got the Pfizer plandemic shot. 0 side effects so far, 0.2/7 per him
Soreness at injection site, but nurse was cute so
Maybe that helped ...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Even before the rona began, just a few months, I constantly get sniffles and clogs followed by coughs, constantly! Especially when the draft hits me. When I got to Turkey in March of last year, in the beginning of the corona, I was gonna meet a couple of friends and I had to cancel because of my sniffle/clogging issue, caused me to cough a lot. I had to cancel that plan because of that and they told me if I'm sick don't come as a precaution. I have been tested a couple of times, always gotten negative, and again last fall, negative.

Last summer, it turns out I have allergies. I have never had any allergies until recently. I have taken multiple different meds, nothing. It did eliminate, but not as much. A couple months back I finally got to see a doctor per recommendation from friends and family friends, they dug deep into my nose to take out all the disgusting shit that piled up, which was caused my allergies in the first place. But mannnn, I never gotten them again, I have never felt so free since this ordeal began.

At times I have thought I have gotten the 'rona (hence the testing), but that was never the case in the end. Though I will be tested again in mid may at the Greece-Turkey border.
Huckleberry

wap wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:08 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:59 pm
:ayfkm:
Dang.
He still had a runny nose, sore throat, cough, etc. So, he should have been turned away at the door regardless. Plus, there is the whole getting tested and then going to work without receiving the results thing.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

2nd shot of Pfizer on Thursday. Woke up yesterday sore and achy, but felt fine otherwise. Developed slight chills about 10 am and turned the heat on in the house and took a hot shower. Headache developed about 11 am but nothing that kept me from working. Aches got worse as the day went on, but nothing some Tylenol couldn’t help. Crashed about normal time last night and woke up fine this morning. Arms a little sore at the injection spot, but that’s normal. Unsure if lower back pain is continued aching from yesterday or just normal from being sedentary 8+ hours a day at my damn desk.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Something like this seems like a good idea indefinitely. Add a forehead temp scanner to the standard access control system?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:43 pm Got my temp checked at check in this morning for this bike ride/race I did today.

98.2. No 🐍
One thing I’ve learned about myself during the ‘VID with all the checks, my normal temp is 96-97 :science:
wap

Devilchrono wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:30 am 2nd shot of Pfizer on Thursday. Woke up yesterday sore and achy, but felt fine otherwise. Developed slight chills about 10 am and turned the heat on in the house and took a hot shower. Headache developed about 11 am but nothing that kept me from working. Aches got worse as the day went on, but nothing some Tylenol couldn’t help. Crashed about normal time last night and woke up fine this morning. Arms a little sore at the injection spot, but that’s normal. Unsure if lower back pain is continued aching from yesterday or just normal from being sedentary 8+ hours a day at my damn desk.
:word:
I'll add you as moderate.
wap

D Griff wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:43 pm Got my temp checked at check in this morning for this bike ride/race I did today.

98.2. No 🐍
One thing I’ve learned about myself during the ‘VID with all the checks, my normal temp is 96-97 :science:
:metoo: High 96's to upper 97's.
wap

Updating to add Devilchrono.

Moderna:
5 total.
3 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions

Pfizer:
14 total.
3 zero reaction.
7 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, and :melon: here. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after.

One-and-done J&J:
2 total.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Day 3 after it now, and a slightly sore arm at the injection point is about all that remains. No more sore or tired than usual, and already back to running warm, 99.2, like normal. It’s no wonder I don’t like summer when my body is already that hot.