OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:27 pm I have lived to tell the tale.
So far...

I'll say that I'm surprised it took my boss this long to go down. Lives in Brooklyn, active city life, every time I've seen him he's 100% :aintcare: about the virus. Myself and my colleagues would wear masks in public indoor areas, he'd just :aintcare: (never said anything about it, just didn't follow suit).

There was a massive in person meeting all last week at the NYC office that he was part of, :popcorn: if this takes my company down for a while.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:41 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:27 pm I have lived to tell the tale.
So far...

I'll say that I'm surprised it took my boss this long to go down. Lives in Brooklyn, active city life, every time I've seen him he's 100% :aintcare: about the virus. Myself and my colleagues would wear masks in public indoor areas, he'd just :aintcare: (never said anything about it, just didn't follow suit).

There was a massive in person meeting all last week at the NYC office that he was part of, :popcorn: if this takes my company down for a while.
The rest of my life is exceedingly devoid of crowds.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:45 pm

The rest of my life is exceedingly devoid of crowds.
Gonna be a long time before I’m comfortable with a crowded room again.
I never liked them in the first place, so there's that.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:28 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:11 pm

Gonna be a long time before I’m comfortable with a crowded room again.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

Crowds ruin everything, I really have no desire to go back to that. Concerts were ruined by cell phones long before COVID for me, sporting events are mostly boring, and big parties are the worst. I'm fine skipping all that.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I have been to loads of super spreader events at this point, concerts, sports ball games, weddings :aintcare:

I got the vax, not really much else to do but either carry on with life or choose to continue being inconvenienced constantly. At this point I don't really care if I get COVID as I doubt I will get that sick with the vax. Sure, it may suck for a few days, but I would live to tell the tale. I do try to stick with more outdoor stuff now and still mask up when appropriate, I think it doesn't hurt to use measures we've learned that may prevent any illness moving forward.

I have historically rarely gotten sick and it seems my immune system is still going strong against the 'VID.

:popcorn:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:58 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:28 am

Crowds ruin everything, I really have no desire to go back to that. Concerts were ruined by cell phones long before COVID for me, sporting events are mostly boring, and big parties are the worst. I'm fine skipping all that.
:dat: :disgust:

I really try to just :aintcare: about what others are doing at concerts, but I am very :triggered: by the constant vertical video recording at concerts... :butwhy: No one (including the videographer) is ever watching that shit again. My own wife does this a lot and I just have to remember that I also have plenty of infuriating habits and try to be :aintcare:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So my Pfizer dose #3 has produced zero side effects 24 hours later. I don't feel that great today but that is because of two martinis+++++ :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:58 am

:dat: :disgust:

I really try to just :aintcare: about what others are doing at concerts, but I am very :triggered: by the constant vertical video recording at concerts... :butwhy: No one (including the videographer) is ever watching that shit again. My own wife does this a lot and I just have to remember that I also have plenty of infuriating habits and try to be :aintcare:
People hold phones over their head to record, generally. Which is NBD to 99% of people. Well guess what, I'm taller than 99% of people, so I just get to stare at hundreds of cell phone screens shining directly in my line of sight instead of the band.

I can't stand it, I don't even want to go to concerts anymore. Which is sad, I love concerts. :tits: always gets :sass: at me because I never want to buy concert tickets "it can't be that bad", "just get over it", etc. YOU be 6'5" and stare at fucking cell phones popping into your line of sight like whack-a-mole for an hour and a half straight. :rolleyes: :ohwell:

For major acts, I'd rather just stream a concert to my 120" projector screen from the comfort of my own home with nothing in my face. Small concerts with local people nobody cares about doesn't have phones and that's just how I have to enjoy live music now.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:29 pm So my Pfizer dose #3 has produced zero side effects 24 hours later. I don't feel that great today but that is because of two martinis+++++ :doe:
:notbad:

Really looking forward to 5pm so I can mix up a dirty...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Kiddo #1 got sent home with covid symptoms (achy, upset stomach)... we can do self assessment rapid tests now, so I did one with him and the pharmacy is sending it to get tested. Taking tomorrow off of work, hopefully we hear back soon... this is going to cause me a shitstorm with work plans if he's positive.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:29 pm So my Pfizer dose #3 has produced zero side effects 24 hours later. I don't feel that great today but that is because of two martinis+++++ :doe:
:impressive:
So I guess the lesson here is to get :drunk: after getting the jab and you'll be fine. Wish I knew that last month. :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:06 pm Kiddo #1 got sent home with covid symptoms (achy, upset stomach)... we can do self assessment rapid tests now, so I did one with him and the pharmacy is sending it to get tested. Taking tomorrow off of work, hopefully we hear back soon... this is going to cause me a shitstorm with work plans if he's positive.
Ruh Roh. Good luck, dude. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:50 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:06 pm Kiddo #1 got sent home with covid symptoms (achy, upset stomach)... we can do self assessment rapid tests now, so I did one with him and the pharmacy is sending it to get tested. Taking tomorrow off of work, hopefully we hear back soon... this is going to cause me a shitstorm with work plans if he's positive.
Ruh Roh. Good luck, dude. :(
Yeah man, fingers crossed it's a false alarm, but they had a breakout in the school last week so I'm expecting the real thing. This will be an interesting experience, can't say that I'm excited.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:49 pm
:impressive:
So I guess the lesson here is to get :drunk: after getting the jab and you'll be fine. Wish I knew that last month. :lol:
:dat:

I guess now I know for round four :lolol: :drunk:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Fuck man, hopefully it's a false alarm. Best wishes that he isn't feeling too bad either.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:25 pm
Fuck man, hopefully it's a false alarm. Best wishes that he isn't feeling too bad either.
I can't say that I'm not a little worried now... But I think it will be pretty mild for him and his brother, kids usually fair well. I'm single vaxxed, and Nicole is double vaxxed so we should be dece. :popcorn: on this whole experience and it will be very interesting to see how each person fairs since we have two unvaxxed kiddos, one partial who had big side effects to the vaccine, and one person who should have strong resilience and is only 4 months into their second dose of Moderna. :science:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:46 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:25 pm

I can't say that I'm not a little worried now... But I think it will be pretty mild for him and his brother, kids usually fair well. I'm single vaxxed, and Nicole is double vaxxed so we should be dece. :popcorn: on this whole experience and it will be very interesting to see how each person fairs since we have two unvaxxed kiddos, one partial who had big side effects to the vaccine, and one person who should have strong resilience and is only 4 months into their second dose of Moderna. :science:
I know quite a few families in our similar age group... typically the kids seemed to fair rather well experiencing little more than a cold, adults it's been much more varied. Most of these were pre-vax though, so hopefully it won't be as bad if it is indeed the 'VID.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:02 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:46 pm

I know quite a few families in our similar age group... typically the kids seemed to fair rather well experiencing little more than a cold, adults it's been much more varied. Most of these were pre-vax though, so hopefully it won't be as bad if it is indeed the 'VID.
That's cool, fingers crossed it goes well. Better yet, a false alarm. Either way, the older kid has a positive case in his class so protocol is to go virtual for the next two weeks, then we're on Christmas break.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The kid picked up chills and a dry cough... :doomed:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:31 pm The kid picked up chills and a dry cough... :doomed:
Tots and pears.

In reality, one scenario I run in my head is I hope you guys all get a mild version of it if it is indeed covid. Only because then you’ll get natural immunity which IMO is worth a bit more than the vaccines.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:15 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:31 pm The kid picked up chills and a dry cough... :doomed:
Tots and pears.

In reality, one scenario I run in my head is I hope you guys all get a mild version of it if it is indeed covid. Only because then you’ll get natural immunity which IMO is worth a bit more than the vaccines.
Same bro, i think you're spot on about the mild case/immunity argument.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tarspin wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:25 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:15 pm

Tots and pears.

Same bro, i think you're spot on about the mild case/immunity argument.
Oh no, you being logical and that's not looked on favorably around here by the Covid Carens.

AGE INFECTION SURVIVAL RATE
0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:14 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:34 pm Do you guys like the American Heart Association as a source?

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161 ... pl_1.10712

Twitter is censoring the AHA. What else you think they have been censoring?

Good luck with your increased risk of Coronary disease if you took mRNA.

how bout this from the UK
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1466 ... 71842.html
Hope your kids have strong hearts. from a disease that poses less risk to them than *checks notes* drowning and car crashes.
0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%

My little olde signature is proving to be more true every day.
:micdrop:
I looked this up, honestly this post resonates with me. My first MRNA was serious shit. 8 days of elevated heart rate + BP, and it inspired me to go see my family doc. She identified it as abnormal, documented it as an adverse side effect, and sent me to a cardiologist. Thankfully the heart is in good shape according to an EKG. They will want me to go and do my second shot (leave no man, woman or child unvaxxed being the narrative. I really don't plan on taking my second shot. Saying this though, it'll slowly but surely ruin my life with mandates getting stricter.
Idk what's going on in Canada bruh but the mandates are all going down in the USA. People are coming to their senses and will not stand for this shit all over the world.

You don't have to take the vaccine that doesn't work for the disease that doesn't pose a high risk to your age group if you don't want.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:37 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:25 pm

It the monoclonal antibodies. They work. I know people that got them and felt better in hours after treatment.
:notbad:

We've been religious with taking vitamin supplements (a daily cocktail of 5-10 pills that we rotate depending on season and people interaction) since Mar 2020. Haven't had as much as a sniffle since then.

A healthy well-cared for immune system is pretty damned powerful.
yes. inflammation is terrible overall and covid seems to cause lots of complications that compound on inflammation issues.

low inflammation and strong immune system (related) go a long ass way towards general health.

I mean, our evolution is kicking the shit out of covid compared to real plagues

0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:26 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:14 pm

I looked this up, honestly this post resonates with me. My first MRNA was serious shit. 8 days of elevated heart rate + BP, and it inspired me to go see my family doc. She identified it as abnormal, documented it as an adverse side effect, and sent me to a cardiologist. Thankfully the heart is in good shape according to an EKG. They will want me to go and do my second shot (leave no man, woman or child unvaxxed being the narrative. I really don't plan on taking my second shot. Saying this though, it'll slowly but surely ruin my life with mandates getting stricter.
Idk what's going on in Canada bruh but the mandates are all going down in the USA. People are coming to their senses and will not stand for this shit all over the world.

You don't have to take the vaccine that doesn't work for the disease that doesn't pose a high risk to your age group if you don't want.
America has a better system, each state can dictate policies, etc. Here the feds have full rein, and they are a bunch of knob gobblers, at least I still have the right to say that.

No double vax means no job (corp has the power to fire people if they set policy to it), no indoor events, no indoor dining, etc. It's rediculous, especially when reading quotes from vaccine producers stating that they don't believe their products work for some of the new variants.

Oh well, see what happens in the next few weeks/months i guess.