OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:39 am Both kids are over the hump, one is left with a mild sore throat, and the other one has a cough. Wife and I feel like ahit, if I could shake the headache I'd be 90% better.
Godspeed :mahman: I hope it passes quickly.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:39 am Both kids are over the hump, one is left with a mild sore throat, and the other one has a cough. Wife and I feel like ahit, if I could shake the headache I'd be 90% better.
Are your doctors able to help with anything ? Anti virals ? Anything? Or just told you to suffer at home
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:08 pm
Are your doctors able to help with anything ? Anti virals ? Anything? Or just told you to suffer at home
Nah man, he's good. Just keep up to speed with some Joe Rogan episodes and get you some over the counter Betadine. That's all he needs, cuz all of this is a lie and it's really not that bad bro.

max225

Acid666 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:43 pm

Nah man, he's good. Just keep up to speed with some Joe Rogan episodes and get you some over the counter Betadine. That's all he needs, cuz all of this is a lie and it's really not that bad bro.

Not sure how any of this is relevant to my question
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Actually, my doctor told me that the third shot will save us from omicron, which is what I have. The first two did nothing for my wife.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:59 pm

Yeah confusing!?

I'm almost over the hump hopefully. If i didn't have a headache I'd be up and about. Hoping that things get better on that front in a day or two, but the doctor is useless when I actually need them to go to bat for me.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I am endlessly amazed by the amount of people I previously considered intelligent that have been completely duped by The Narrative™. Welcome to the list.

Your logic does not even fucking add up. Wife double vaxed. hes single vaxxed. Still got coof. Vax wont help once infected, like DUH. So whats left? Oh yea, like treatment of symptoms so your body can do its thing and kill off the infection. Jesus this aint fucking rocket science.

2+ days later and the death count of the dangerous new variant is *checks notes* still one (1).

I will say that's decent memeing skill, but come on you can do better.

Good to hear man. Everyone I know that got coof was feeling better in 2-3 days.
Last edited by goIftdibrad on Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

New mask mandate statewide for California in effect today until 1/15/22 supposedly.. I’m guessing it’ll be extended. A few cities in the SD area have said :nope: and that if the state wants to enforce it they can send their own resources to do so.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

opps double tap
Last edited by goIftdibrad on Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:48 pm

I am endlessly amazed by the amount of people I previously considered intelligent that have been completely duped by The Narrative™. Welcome to the list.

2+ days later and the death count of the dangerous new variant is *checks notes* still one (1).

I will say that's decent memeing skill, but come on you can do better.

Good to hear man. Everyone I know that got coof was feeling better in 2-3 days.
Suh dude!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:48 pm New mask mandate statewide for California in effect today until 1/15/22 supposedly.. I’m guessing it’ll be extended. A few cities in the SD area have said :nope: and that if the state wants to enforce it they can send their own resources to do so.
Yall had the opptuntuny to recall your 'rules for thee but not for me' dipshit governor and failed. Glad you are at least escaping that hellscape but not sure Oregon gon be much better bro.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:48 pm I am endlessly amazed by the amount of people I previously considered intelligent that have been completely duped by The Narrative™. Welcome to the list.

Your logic does not even fucking add up. Wife double vaxed. hes single vaxxed. Still got coof. Vax wont help once infected, like DUH. So whats left? Oh yea, like treatment of symptoms so your body can do its thing and kill off the infection. Jesus this aint fucking rocket science.

Getting vaxxed doesn't equal not getting infected. Statistics states that it will lessen the blow of the seriousness and lower the chance of it being fatal. Is this 100%? Of course not, but the numbers show clearly that people who are vaxxed are statistically less affected severely.

And as for a higher death count, yeah, it's higher than it was last year. Your guy's charts forgot to account for the fact that the majority of those deaths are PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT VACCINATED.
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination
Last edited by Acid666 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:48 pm New mask mandate statewide for California in effect today until 1/15/22 supposedly.. I’m guessing it’ll be extended. A few cities in the SD area have said :nope: and that if the state wants to enforce it they can send their own resources to do so.
Yall had the opptuntuny to recall your 'rules for thee but not for me' dipshit governor and failed. Glad you are at least escaping that hellscape but not sure Oregon gon be much better bro.
Yeah fuck that hypocrite. We tried. And agreed Oregon/Washington aren’t going to be too different than California politically, but oh well.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:05 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:48 pm I am endlessly amazed by the amount of people I previously considered intelligent that have been completely duped by The Narrative™. Welcome to the list.

Getting vaxxed doesn't equal not getting infected. Statistics states that it will lessen the blow of the seriousness and lower the chance of it being fatal. Is this 100%? Of course not, but the numbers show clearly that people who are vaxxed are statistically less affected severely.

And as for a higher death count, yeah, it's higher than it was last year. Your guy's charts forgot to account for the fact that the majority of those deaths are PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT VACCINATED.
My wife has two doses, I have one... wanna guess who's worse for wear?
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:08 pm
You're on the other side of that statistic, but it's not the majority. Both my wife and I are double vaxxed with booster shots. But she's got a slew of health problems so even with the shot she doesn't expect to not have it hit her harder than friends who've had it. It's a numbers game and if one of us ends up on the other side of the stats doesn't mean that it's not valid, just that we got dealt the shorter straw.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:35 pm Yeah confusing!?

I'm almost over the hump hopefully. If i didn't have a headache I'd be up and about. Hoping that things get better on that front in a day or two, but the doctor is useless when I actually need them to go to bat for me.
It's batshit. Doctors have been totally neutered as far as their ability to actually treat their own patients. The protocol that's been pushed down from public health officials, even for our highest risk populations, is to go home until your blood oxygen drops to a dangerous level, then go to the hospital and maybe receive oxygen, then go on a ventilator and die. It's gross incompetence at minimum, and likely being done with nefarious intent to keep us all scared and acting like sheep, and to keep injecting ourselves with MRNA bullshit to line the pockets of pharma execs and their lobbyists.

So what is a person to do? We're really given only two options - get vaccinated or don't. We don't have the option to pursue other medical cocktails like Rogan recommends because we don't all have access to doctors who will prescribe this stuff outside of FDA-approved uses. Those who do could lose their medical licenses - who could blame them for tucking their tails and towing the line? We can't all get monoclonal antibodies the day after a positive test. We can't get a prescription for horse cum in a safe human form and doseage. We can't get Hydroxychloroquine. Who's going to go get a vitamin drip from some poor service worker while positive for COVID?

Your conclusion may differ from mine, but if you didn't get COVID before the vaccines were available and you're in a population that's more at risk for complications from the disease, the best option IMO, then, is to get vaccinated. At this point with delta and omicron, though, the antibodies are useless. Which means getting a booster is also useless, considering the whole point of getting a booster is to boost antibody levels. Antibodies need to be an exact match to the virus for them to work. They see the virus, attach to it, and prevent it from entering the cells in your body. But if they don't match perfectly (which they definitely don't for Omicron given all of its mutations), then the antibodies are blind to the virus. Your T cells take over to kill cells already infected, which explains why people who are vaccinated still get infected but have less severe infections. Your cells essentially chew up the virus and expose it to the T cells, which is their way of calling for help. But because the virus is chewed up your T cells don't need to recognize it in its entirety, which is how prior infection and the vaccines actually work. T cells don't prevent infection like antibodies can, but they do keep it from spreading until your B cells can ramp up antibody production. In those who aren't vaccinated, T cells don't recognize those virus chunks as quickly and the virus will have more time to take hold and spread. Looking at the numbers of those vaxxed vs unvaxxed in hospitals or dead in the US is my evidence for that last understanding.

I wish our medical professionals weren't totally handcuffed by the current climate, but because they are, your best bet to protect yourself if you haven't already had COVID is to get vaccinated, IMO. You at least give your body a head start on this thing, even though these vaccines are far from perfect.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:16 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:08 pm

You're on the other side of that statistic, but it's not the majority. Both my wife and I are double vaxxed with booster shots. But she's got a slew of health problems so even with the shot she doesn't expect to not have it hit her harder than friends who've had it. It's a numbers game and if one of us ends up on the other side of the stats doesn't mean that it's not valid, just that we got dealt the shorter straw.
I'm not convinced, it's been the same rhetoric for two years.

Here's an alternate view, you or your wife have a bad time with the vaccine and are weakened permanently (stretched heart valve, lung damage, etc), good luck with Covid then. 👍🏼
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Shit, the answer to the headache i two advils and a coffee. :fuckyeah:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:35 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:59 pm

Yeah confusing!?

That’s shitty as hell. I’m just :triggered: that the only “cure” is a shitty ass shot and then once you get it then you sit at home like a cuck praying you won’t die. I guess otc flu medicine it is. Nothing else is accessible to mortals and you’re seen as a conspiracy theorist for just asking the damn question of what there is to help you.

:disgust: hope you get better man. And I’m sure you will
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tar and I were not even discussing vaccine efficacy (its shit) but potential treatment of him and his family now that they have the covid. Thanks tho Mr Red Herring.

re: your data, its just incomplete; this is called cherry picking by 'the science'. I like that Sept 24th cutoff, right before cases exploded in highly vaxxed countries. Explain triple vaxxed Israel's' death rate. Or Ireland. or Gibraltar, all almost universally vaxxed, far more than what one would need to achieve herd immunity. I'll wait. And don't mention Japan because their rates were always lower than everyone else. Perhaps because of sars-1, or something else. But its puzzling and people are studying them; Tokyo should have been a disaster on par with NYC if the models were right. But no worries; just stay home and stay safe like gov memaw said. No need to think critically, let TV man think for you!
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:05 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:54 pm

Yeah fuck that hypocrite. We tried. And agreed Oregon/Washington aren’t going to be too different than California politically, but oh well.
Ride gov job till you can retire to a free state.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

coogles wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:35 pm Yeah confusing!?

It's batshit. Doctors have been totally neutered as far as their ability to actually treat their own patients. The protocol that's been pushed down from public health officials, even for our highest risk populations, is to go home until your blood oxygen drops to a dangerous level, then go to the hospital and maybe receive oxygen, then go on a ventilator and die. It's gross incompetence at minimum, and likely being done with nefarious intent to keep us all scared and acting like sheep, and to keep injecting ourselves with MRNA bullshit to line the pockets of pharma execs and their lobbyists.

*snip*

I wish our medical professionals weren't totally handcuffed by the current climate, but because they are, your best bet to protect yourself if you haven't already had COVID is to get vaccinated, IMO. You at least give your body a head start on this thing, even though these vaccines are far from perfect.
Oh dang, this guy gets it! Very reasonable and correct based on 'TEH SCIECNE' we all learned around the 10th grade!
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:41 pm

Tar and I were not even discussing vaccine efficacy (its shit) but potential treatment of him and his family now that they have the covid. Thanks tho Mr Red Herring.

re: your data, its just incomplete; this is called cherry picking by 'the science'. I like that Sept 24th cutoff, right before cases exploded in highly vaxxed countries. Explain triple vaxxed Israel's' death rate. Or Ireland. or Gibraltar, all almost universally vaxxed, far more than what one would need to achieve herd immunity. I'll wait. And don't mention Japan because their rates were always lower than everyone else. Perhaps because of sars-1, or something else. But its puzzling and people are studying them; Tokyo should have been a disaster on par with NYC if the models were right. But no worries; just stay home and stay safe like gov memaw said. No need to think critically, let TV man think for you!
I work with Japanese people a lot, their country is very vaccine hesitant, mainly because they didn't design the product. They are also very responsible in their actions.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Day three and I'm done.. I feel like a million bucks with a bit of phlem in the lungs and a tapering off sore throat. Same shit as both kids.. :notbad:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:41 pm Tar and I were not even discussing vaccine efficacy (its shit) but potential treatment of him and his family now that they have the covid. Thanks tho Mr Red Herring.

Comments like this imply you believe the vaccines are actually making case counts worse. Maybe you do, but I've heard points like this from others and I feel like they're missing a couple important points. The first is I think it's fair to say vaccines don't prevent someone from getting COVID now with Delta and Omicron, but they do help to prevent severe disease and death. Looking at case counts, then, is kind of pointless. Hospitalization and death are the outcomes we should be trying to avoid. The second is that the countries with the highest vaccine rates are typically also wealthier with advanced economies. They were also the countries that shut down those economies and largely kept people at home, delaying the progression of infection across the population and reducing the number of people who acquired immunity through contact with the virus itself. Those advanced economies still have large swaths of the population with neither vaccine-acquired nor naturally-acquired immunity, providing more "virgin" hosts especially now that people have stopped giving a fuck about staying away from one another.