OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:48 pm
Did you know that there's some people that aren't bothered by the smell of skunk and actually somewhat like it? My wife and I happen to be in that group oddly.
I did not. Full on skunk scent pervades everything. My former dog (RIP Pua) killed a skunk underneath (one of my) old residences. The odor permeated everything. I had to take my suits outside to the car to detox. I was in a convenience store a full day later and the cashier asked his co-worker "Do you smell something burning?" Took the dog to the vet, who only charged $75.00 to detox the dog. They could have charged me $500, NFG. All that stuff about tomato juice is just bullshit. Take your dog to the pros.
I did baking soda, peroxide, and dish soap combination that michelle found referenced online. She said that it worked and she can’t smell the skunk on her anymore.

Also, both our tests just came back positive. Not surprised.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:20 pm
Did you know that there's some people that aren't bothered by the smell of skunk and actually somewhat like it? My wife and I happen to be in that group oddly.
Yep, they're called stoners :lolol:

Skunk smells like dat good good.
:mahman:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:00 pm

I did not. Full on skunk scent pervades everything. My former dog (RIP Pua) killed a skunk underneath (one of my) old residences. The odor permeated everything. I had to take my suits outside to the car to detox. I was in a convenience store a full day later and the cashier asked his co-worker "Do you smell something burning?" Took the dog to the vet, who only charged $75.00 to detox the dog. They could have charged me $500, NFG. All that stuff about tomato juice is just bullshit. Take your dog to the pros.
I did baking soda, peroxide, and dish soap combination that michelle found referenced online. She said that it worked and she can’t smell the skunk on her anymore.

Also, both our tests just came back positive. Not surprised.
My dog got sprayed right in the nostrils! She suffered for it, but thankfully everything was okay with her after a couple of days. We douced tomato sauce on her face and rubbed it in, repeating the procedure multiple times and that worked out well too. It was all we had in the house and got lucky. I've seen her chase rabbits after this but she stops short when she see a skunk 😄

Good luck with the 'vid. Hopefully it comes and goes easy-breasy for both of ya.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:36 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:25 pm Some whisky sounds pretty cool right about now. I haven't really drank much alcohol lately, I think I've had two beers in the past two weeks and nothing more :disappoint:
I'd rather puff most days, but the spicy kick of the whisk is great with clearing my sinuses. :notbad:
Went for the puff, solid choice. Eating some kale dish I made now :notsure:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:18 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:36 pm

I'd rather puff most days, but the spicy kick of the whisk is great with clearing my sinuses. :notbad:
I had sushi after an after work puff. This WFH/lockdown sitch is going to turn me into a bonafide hippy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:54 pm

I had sushi after an after work puff. This WFH/lockdown sitch is going to turn me into a bonafide hippy.
:jelly: of 🍣 🍱
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:24 pm

Have yet to experience full-blast skunk at ground zero. Would probably change my tune.
We had a dog get skunked while pheasant hunting a few years ago. The smell was everywhere for multiple days. 0/7 do not recommend
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:48 pm I figured I was one of the few that doesn't mind it either. My Brotha from another Motha in detroit agrees... :mindblown: once again.
Woa, really? That's incredible because I've read it's a super rare trait.

Oddly, it was a topic on one of my first dates with the wife. Somehow it came up that we both didn't mind the smell of skunk, and looked up that it's actually a trait that some people possess. It's so rare that you usually don't come across another person so it was a ZOMG SOUL MATE :gag: moment.

Brotha from another motha...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:20 pm
Yep, they're called stoners :lolol:

Skunk smells like dat good good.
I don't really care for the smell of skunk weed :doe: but only because I know what good stuff smells like.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:54 pm

:hai:

I've gone full hippy in the last few months. Eating much much cleaner, way more veggies, thinking more about our environmental impact, etc.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

How's :wasteful: doing with his new jerb and :baby: ? It's a tough pairing I'm sure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:05 am How's :wasteful: doing with his new jerb and :baby: ? It's a tough pairing I'm sure.
Haven't heard from him, but I imagine it's pretty hectic for 'ol :wasteful: right now. Hope everything is well for him.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:10 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:05 am How's :wasteful: doing with his new jerb and :baby: ? It's a tough pairing I'm sure.
Haven't heard from him, but I imagine it's pretty hectic for 'ol :wasteful: right now. Hope everything is well for him.
:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I miss him around here. I have mostly [user not found] and him to thank for helping me get into cycling, which has really kept me sane through the 'VID.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:22 am

I miss him around here. I have mostly [user not found] and him to thank for helping me get into cycling, which has really kept me sane through the 'VID.
Life gets busy, people will come and go...I'm sure he'll be back eventually.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:26 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:22 am

Yeah he has some very good "whys" for being away, but I miss his contributions nonetheless.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:29 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:26 am
Yeah he has some very good "whys" for being away, but I miss his contributions nonetheless.
Oh absolutely. I always enjoyed JP's contributions.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

He really should check in here soon. Priorities donchaknow...
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:41 am
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:51 am
wap wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:41 am

This still needs to become the next DFDmoji.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

He's one of the less fortunate people on this forum who has to do the daily grind. It definitely sucks the :dedong: , but I remember enjoying the opportunity to get away from the house when the babies were little. 8+ hours of actual adult time was awesome.

I'm dreading that lifestyle, and I'm hopefully that it doesn't ever come back. The environmental benefit from whatever percentage people not driving daily alone is :mindblown: . We will do a disservice to the world if companies start dragging the admin crowds back to office towers on a daily. Also, I haven't been late to work since March LOL (best part).
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:59 am He's one of the less fortunate people on this forum who has to do the daily grind. It definitely sucks the :dedong: , but I remember enjoying the opportunity to get away from the house when the babies were little. 8+ hours of actual adult time was awesome.

I'm dreading that lifestyle, and I'm hopefully that it doesn't ever come back. The environmental benefit from whatever percentage people not driving daily alone is :mindblown: . We will do a disservice to the world if companies start dragging the admin crowds back to office towers on a daily. Also, I haven't been late to work since March LOL (best part).
I'm going to be surprised if big corporations force workers that can be remote full time back like before. There's significant cost savings by keeping employees home, and there's minimal benefit to forcing them back. I see it first hand every day...we have engineers and program managers in the office occasionally as they need, but work like I do can be done 100% remote and I do. I really expect this to be the norm going forward, there's just too many benefits (environmental, employee satisfaction, cost savings, etc) to go back 100% to the way it was before.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:10 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:59 am He's one of the less fortunate people on this forum who has to do the daily grind. It definitely sucks the :dedong: , but I remember enjoying the opportunity to get away from the house when the babies were little. 8+ hours of actual adult time was awesome.

I'm going to be surprised if big corporations force workers that can be remote full time back like before. There's significant cost savings by keeping employees home, and there's minimal benefit to forcing them back. I see it first hand every day...we have engineers and program managers in the office occasionally as they need, but work like I do can be done 100% remote and I do. I really expect this to be the norm going forward, there's just too many benefits (environmental, employee satisfaction, cost savings, etc) to go back 100% to the way it was before.

I think we will ultimately see a blend of the old normal/new normal. Some people can't work well at home, others have too many kids/pets/whatever, some just don't like it, some have requirements for equipment or collaboration in the office.

My company is giving up our Salt Lake City office as the lease is ending soon from what I hear. Rather than dump it entirely, they are rethinking how much space will be needed, who will need to go in and when, etc.

I imagine roles like mine will be remote long term for those who want to and have kept productivity up, but we will still likely need to show ourselves at the office once a week or something in most cases.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:22 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:10 am

I think we will ultimately see a blend of the old normal/new normal. Some people can't work well at home, others have too many kids/pets/whatever, some just don't like it, some have requirements for equipment or collaboration in the office.

My company is giving up our Salt Lake City office as the lease is ending soon from what I hear. Rather than dump it entirely, they are rethinking how much space will be needed, who will need to go in and when, etc.

I imagine roles like mine will be remote long term for those who want to and have kept productivity up, but we will still likely need to show ourselves at the office once a week or something in most cases.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Hopefully, you're both right. I could do a weekly :bs: meeting in person and doing a twice/weekly service call thing already. I feel way more rested and healthy since this ordeal started and didn't think I'm any less productive on the work front. If anything, I have my home-life way more sorted, but that's not a metric in any business model. My commute used to cut into my paycheck whenever I had actual office days on my agenda; I would show up at 9:30 am and leave by four or 4:30 pm, vs. now the clock runs strong and consistently from 8 to 430pm fully billable.

The company I'm doing most of my work for wants to put me on their computer and phone for better trackability, which will be interesting. I will have to 'puters open at any time, one for this kind of stuff and the other strictly for work. I have heard employees complain that the IT dude enjoys perusing people's laptops in broad daylight, mouse moving around, and even goes as far as rearranging people's desktop icons ( :notsure: if this is a byproduct of windows drivers or something). Either way, I'm taping over the camera and will look at physically removing the mic since settings will likely not be available to me. 90% of the tools and references I use are on my personal devices, so monitoring my actions might be a bit boring for :dat: guy.