Do you even invest?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

BEATS THE HELL OUT OF DISNEY WORLD.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:47 pm BEATS THE HELL OUT OF DISNEY WORLD.
:dat:

I'd enjoy visiting NYC more often if I were rich. It's fun, just expensive.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:46 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:34 pm

I could never go an be happy. Zero interest.
Eh, it's just gotham bruh. You can apparently be happy drinking heavily and eating tasty food. It's just street after street of bar after bar, restaurant after restaurant. Open till 4 a.m. and nobody's getting shot because there isn't a soul in Manhattan at that time who makes less than $200K. See some historical sights, and there are many. Bang Infamous. It's not like ZOMG its urban life beyond all reckoning. It's just a city, albeit the biggest.
That's how 6th street in Austin feels. The college crowd fills that place up but when you walk down it in slower times (i.e.- a few hours before nightlife) you can see inside the empty bars from the street how hollow and boring the bars look as they shotgun towards the back. You got doormen shoutin out drink specials and shit, and holla'n at wimmins, and there's nothing different about 95% of those bars.
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

I'd rather get drunk at Disney World than some random crowded bar in NYC, but I'm :gaydance: like that.
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
troyguitar

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:58 pm I'd rather get drunk at Disney World than some random crowded bar in NYC, but I'm :gaydance: like that.
:gtfo:

Go to the right places in NYC, not random :bs:

http://www.bluenote.net/newyork/schedule/index.shtml
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I cannot foresee ever setting foot in Orlando, Florida. I do not life golf, humidity, or Mickey Mouse.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SixSpeeder

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:02 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:58 pm I'd rather get drunk at Disney World than some random crowded bar in NYC, but I'm :gaydance: like that.

Brah, I live in Seattle, I don't need to go far to find good music spots. Rollercoasters and goofy > bars with mediocre to possibly listenable musicians
troyguitar

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:07 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Brah, I live in Seattle, I don't need to go far to find good music spots. Rollercoasters and goofy > bars with mediocre to possibly listenable musicians
Ah yes, dirty flannel-clad white kids mumbling off-key while attempting to play instruments. The height of musicianship indeed.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:34 pm

I could never go an be happy. Zero interest.
Eh, it's just gotham bruh. You can apparently be happy drinking heavily and eating tasty food. It's just street after street of bar after bar, restaurant after restaurant. Open till 4 a.m. and nobody's getting shot because there isn't a soul in Manhattan at that time who makes less than $200K. See some historical sights, and there are many. Bang Infamous. It's not like ZOMG its urban life beyond all reckoning. It's just a city, albeit the biggest.
I hate people and I hate cities. Unless I'm BLASTED, I have little interest. And I think I'd go bankrupt getting blasted in NYC, so...no thanks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SixSpeeder

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:11 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Ah yes, dirty flannel-clad white kids mumbling off-key while attempting to play instruments. The height of musicianship indeed.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Wait, no, it's extremely accurate.
ChrisoftheNorth

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:14 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:11 pm

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Wait, no, it's extremely accurate.
:lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 pm Not anymore, really.

Pulling my :troywax: out of the market to put in a haus.
:wat:

Oh, you're talking about the thread title? :whocares:
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:12 pm

I hate people and I hate cities. Unless I'm BLASTED, I have little interest. And I think I'd go bankrupt getting blasted in NYC, so...no thanks.
Yeah there are 2 reasons I like NYC:

Great food+drinks of any possible variety available pretty much 24/7
World class musicians playing at small venues 7 nights week

but it's like $2000+ per weekend to really take advantage of it...
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Yea, that's what I figured. PLUS travel there somehow. Yea...there are other places I'd rather go.

Fucking Nashville is awesome for music and booze and :tits: for cheaper.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Yea, that's what I figured. PLUS travel there somehow. Yea...there are other places I'd rather go.

I was counting flights for 2 in that price, though I might have guessed a little low now that I think about it. Nashville is very similar but does not have the same variety of music, dunno about food. Nashville also doesn't seem much if any cheaper excluding travel since I can drive there in 3 hrs. Hotels are :waxer: and bars/restaurants are :waxer: too.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

New Orleans was incredible.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:23 pm

I was counting flights for 2 in that price, though I might have guessed a little low now that I think about it. Nashville is very similar but does not have the same variety of music, dunno about food. Nashville also doesn't seem much if any cheaper excluding travel since I can drive there in 3 hrs. Hotels are :waxer: and bars/restaurants are :waxer: too.
We looked into it, you can't fly to NY from Detroit for less than $500 per. Then I guess you can drive, but you're not pulling that off in a weekend. Any hotel worth staying in seems to start at $300/night, so you're at $1,600 just for a weekend and getting there. With :waxer: bars, I can't see getting out of a NY trip for under $3k.

I was in Nashville for the power tour a few months back and was pretty :impressive: I went to a number of bars and didn't find the drinks to be crazy...no worse than regular Detroit bars. One place had a jammin blues band. Another this rad country dude strumming an acoustic guitar. And walking up and down the streets proved rock bands, a few DJ's, it was crazy diverse. Maybe it was just when I was there? The food was meh, but I drink my calories on these types of trips.

Plus, there are some :notbad: flight deals down there.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:38 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:23 pm

We looked into it, you can't fly to NY from Detroit for less than $500 per. Then I guess you can drive, but you're not pulling that off in a weekend. Any hotel worth staying in seems to start at $300/night, so you're at $1,600 just for a weekend and getting there. With :waxer: bars, I can't see getting out of a NY trip for under $3k.

I was in Nashville for the power tour a few months back and was pretty :impressive: I went to a number of bars and didn't find the drinks to be crazy...no worse than regular Detroit bars. One place had a jammin blues band. Another this rad country dude strumming an acoustic guitar. And walking up and down the streets proved rock bands, a few DJ's, it was crazy diverse. Maybe it was just when I was there? The food was meh, but I drink my calories on these types of trips.

Plus, there are some :notbad: flight deals down there.
Yeah it's more like $3k than $2k for an NYC weekend. The attraction for me is 99% due to being a music nerd. Places like the Blue Note are legendary and literally feature world-class players, like the absolute best in the world at what they do, 7 nights a week in a small club for <$100 vs. paying $300+ a ticket to be 100 yards away in some giant stadium with shit sound.

Nashville isn't like that, you can see great "unknown" players in country/rock/blues for sure though and that is certainly way better than most cities.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:troywax:

Wifey and I did a day in NYC last year for like $150. Included train tickets, a show, and dinner. No booze doe since we rarely drink. I've been thinking we need another day like that, was legit 5/7.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:53 pm
Apex wrote:

Wifey and I did a day in NYC last year for like $150. Included train tickets, a show, and dinner. No booze doe since we rarely drink. I've been thinking we need another day like that, was legit 5/7.
:dat: and hotel rooms can be had cheap if you are smart about it.
It was something we wanted to do instead of getting each other presents for Christmas, so we watched for dills on groupon and discount places for max :scrooge:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:53 pm
Apex wrote:

:dat: and hotel rooms can be had cheap if you are smart about it.
I suppose we could drive 10-12 hrs to NJ on a Saturday morning and eat WacArnold's on the way, take a train into the city, be a fucking :scrooge: and hit up one of the jazz clubs while drinking coffee, take the train back out to the car, and drive the 10-12 hrs back home on some more coffee to be back home on Sunday afternoon for a grand total of $250 or so... but fuck that.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:03 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:53 pm :dat: and hotel rooms can be had cheap if you are smart about it.
I suppose we could drive 10-12 hrs to NJ on a Saturday morning and eat WacArnold's on the way, take a train into the city, be a fucking :scrooge: and hit up one of the jazz clubs while drinking coffee, take the train back out to the car, and drive the 10-12 hrs back home on some more coffee to be back home on Sunday afternoon for a grand total of $250 or so... but fuck that.
:dat:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:00 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:53 pm

you won
I really did. Friday was shit, Monday started off high, hit a peak at noon, and fell from there. :fuckyeah:
Timing the market like a boss. Zil Buffett.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: I suppose we could drive 10-12 hrs to NJ on a Saturday morning and eat WacArnold's on the way, take a train into the city, be a fucking :scrooge: and hit up one of the jazz clubs while drinking coffee, take the train back out to the car, and drive the 10-12 hrs back home on some more coffee to be back home on Sunday afternoon for a grand total of $250 or so... but fuck that.
You can get hotel rooms, good ones, in midtown for under $200 on a weekend. The nice thing is the city is so easy to get around you stay in a business area on weekends and save huge money.
Sure. $1000 to fly, $400 for a hotel, plus whatever we actually do... $2k+ for a weekend.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sure. $1000 to fly, $400 for a hotel, plus whatever we actually do... $2k+ for a weekend.
Ahhh flights... That whole thing.
Yeah some of us po' folk actually have to pay for our own fucking shit.