Do you even invest?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 am Y'all seen the price of CAT stock? Started off the year at $100, now at $160. I should have bought that shit back in 2009 when it crashed to the $30 something range. Fawk.

Debating buying into Raytheon. I think the future of combat is drone based, and these guys make the best radar systems for such endeavors. They also picked up a drone company a year ago. Buying Lockheed was a good call last year, that's been steadily climbing and returning a nice dividend. I think this could be the same. Especially if rocket boy goes nuts.

Northrop Grumman would be another solid option as they got the contract to build the next stealth plane. They also acquired Orbital this year, so they're diversified. Orbital has been getting contracts to resupply the ISS, build solid rocket boosters for the new SLS rocket, etc.
My buddy is an engineer at CAT, been there since 2010, it seems to be quite the roller coaster ride.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:14 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 am Y'all seen the price of CAT stock? Started off the year at $100, now at $160. I should have bought that shit back in 2009 when it crashed to the $30 something range. Fawk.

Debating buying into Raytheon. I think the future of combat is drone based, and these guys make the best radar systems for such endeavors. They also picked up a drone company a year ago. Buying Lockheed was a good call last year, that's been steadily climbing and returning a nice dividend. I think this could be the same. Especially if rocket boy goes nuts.

Northrop Grumman would be another solid option as they got the contract to build the next stealth plane. They also acquired Orbital this year, so they're diversified. Orbital has been getting contracts to resupply the ISS, build solid rocket boosters for the new SLS rocket, etc.
My buddy is an engineer at CAT, been there since 2010, it seems to be quite the roller coaster ride.
Yep. In 2010 they had a bunch of new diesel emissions issues to figure out. But they did and now they're rocking.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:14 am

Yep. In 2010 they had a bunch of new diesel emissions issues to figure out. But they did and now they're rocking.
Well, everyone's rocking, building, buying... one would hope they'd do well in this environment.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:22 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am

Well, everyone's rocking, building, buying... one would hope they'd do well in this environment.
They'll do great if Herr Cheeto decides to invest in this country's infrastructure, highways, roads, that sort of thing.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:04 am
nuggstein wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:36 pm God damn, Litecoin and Ethereum are lifting off. Fuck I wish I bought them when they were cheap!!!
Diversity my man. It's the key to any successful investment portfolio.

Diversity.
:dat:
Dem :melon: :fax:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Amazon is back positive. Its crazy how one bad or good day with that single share completly alters my "portfolio".

Then again 2k invested and a share of amazon makes that the solid majority.
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

buy altcoins! they are all going wild. Ripple has been killing it (XRP). Just broke $1.
:crang:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Talked to CFO/HR dude. Company will pay the 10% match of contributions to traditional and roth 401ks in our plan. So for next year I'm going to leave my 10% contribution to the traditional 401k, and then begin contributing 2% to the roth 401k. Not much, but I'm also contributing 2% to a roth IRA outside the company, and 4% to my personal cash savings account. Total 18% of income saved. If I get that $10k raise in February that my boss said he was trying to get me, I'll increase all of those contributions by 1%. Once Jeep and student loans are paid off, I'll be able to contribute/save even more.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:51 am Talked to CFO/HR dude. Company will pay the 10% match of contributions to traditional and roth 401ks in our plan. So for next year I'm going to leave my 10% contribution to the traditional 401k, and then begin contributing 2% to the roth 401k. Not much, but I'm also contributing 2% to a roth IRA outside the company, and 4% to my personal cash savings account. Total 18% of income saved. If I get that $10k raise in February that my boss said he was trying to get me, I'll increase all of those contributions by 1%. Once Jeep and student loans are paid off, I'll be able to contribute/save even more.
:troywax:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:51 am Talked to CFO/HR dude. Company will pay the 10% match of contributions to traditional and roth 401ks in our plan. So for next year I'm going to leave my 10% contribution to the traditional 401k, and then begin contributing 2% to the roth 401k. Not much, but I'm also contributing 2% to a roth IRA outside the company, and 4% to my personal cash savings account. Total 18% of income saved. If I get that $10k raise in February that my boss said he was trying to get me, I'll increase all of those contributions by 1%. Once Jeep and student loans are paid off, I'll be able to contribute/save even more.
Knew you'd be proud that I'm not maxing out that traditional 401k like I had looked at.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:15 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Knew you'd be proud that I'm not maxing out that traditional 401k like I had looked at.
Yea. but saving 18% is by definition :troywax:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:50 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Yea. but saving 18% is by definition :troywax:
19% When you count that company match :ballin:
Johnny_P

I think I save 17% in my 401k which includes the 5% dollar for dollar match. Don't really remember. It grows pretty quickly, and you can always turn that dial back down if needed.
wap

Well done.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You could save even more if you stopped working out and started hitting the specials at Little Caesars?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:31 pm
You could save even more if you stopped working out and started hitting the specials at Little Caesars?
:hue:
SAWCE

But then my healthcare costs would skyrocket, negating the savings on gym memberships and copious amounts of food.. :notsure:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:52 pm

But then my healthcare costs would skyrocket, negating the savings on gym memberships and copious amounts of food.. :notsure:
not to mention clinical depression and general disdain for life
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

According to Troy there would be zero negative impact.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:03 pm

not to mention clinical depression and general disdain for life
:word:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

shitty day for crypto but looks to be a l8ght rebound.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I've stayed far ahead of the crash by trading a few alts, but still lost some. The peak yesterday was ridiculous but I'm almost back to where I was about 3-4 days ago.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote:
I think I save 17% in my 401k which includes the 5% dollar for dollar match. Don't really remember. It grows pretty quickly, and you can always turn that dial back down if needed.
I'm at about the same. In4 :fax: :poop: on me about it.

:aintcare: my gainz are seriously :impressive: and if I didn't do that I'd probably just spend the money.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:waxer:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:Bailed at about 5 am and jumped back in around 1030.

Took 1k in profits out and I think I've made all of that back.
:alpo: luck