DFD Travelogue - From 7-11 to the Arctic - Post it up

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Winter holiday in progress. In Dubai for 3 days leav'n for Hong Kong tomorrow! A few snaps of the magic that is Dubai!!
-Lunch at the Burj Khalifa tower 122 floors above the ground(highest restaurant in the world they say !!)
-Pic of the Burj Khalifa tower
-Business Bay in front / around the tower and 1 of the Dubai Canal area near the hotel
Enjoy and will post more later!!

Flying Emirates Airlines this trip. All on the Airbus A380!! Nice machine!

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Neat.

I'm doing the dragon in August. Beyond that, IDK. I'd like to do WEC at COTA in September. With some luck maybe i can go FAPing in May. But it will be a light travel year for sure.
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

My wife and I are heading to New Zealand next month for three weeks for our delayed honeymoon. Can't wait for the trip! We did the whole thing through a travel agent to have all the transportation set up for us. We'll travel all over both islands - yes, including Hobbiton - to make the most out of the trip!
The panda hath arrived.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Honeymoon in March. Going to D.C.
Checking out some museums and shit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MahDave always travels to the coolest places, but I don't get Dubai.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Nice pics Dave

Not too sure where I'll end up this year. Hopefully it doesn't suck.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Sweet pics! :megusta:
We have very few plans so far, but something will come up. It always does. All we have is a cruise booked for December.

We'll also be planning a Euro trip some time this year, once we find a :dill: , and we'll most likely plan some sort of road trip and maybe a long weekend getaway or 2.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Jaxper wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm My wife and I are heading to New Zealand next month for three weeks for our delayed honeymoon. Can't wait for the trip! We did the whole thing through a travel agent to have all the transportation set up for us. We'll travel all over both islands - yes, including Hobbiton - to make the most out of the trip!
That sounds awesome, escaaping the cold and all . Plus new Zealand.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

We still want to go to France this year but dunno what's going to happen with the moving situation. That and having too many options for everything makes it a challenge to actually book anything. Hell at this point it's been 7-8 years since I even spoke a word of French. I know that the Monaco GP is out, too :waxer: and too soon. :iono:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Jaxper wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm My wife and I are heading to New Zealand next month for three weeks for our delayed honeymoon. Can't wait for the trip! We did the whole thing through a travel agent to have all the transportation set up for us. We'll travel all over both islands - yes, including Hobbiton - to make the most out of the trip!
My girlfriend went to New Zealand for a few months after college. Her and a friend went, bought a car, and drove all over the damn place and had a great time. The pics she has are incredible. Bring a very good camera!
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:28 pm We still want to go to France this year but dunno what's going to happen with the moving situation. That and having too many options for everything makes it a challenge to actually book anything. Hell at this point it's been 7-8 years since I even spoke a word of French. I know that the Monaco GP is out, too :waxer: and too soon. :iono:
FWIW, you don't need to be able to speak French to have a :fuckyeah: time in France. Sure it probably helps but 5/7 you'll find enough English speakers to make it :aintcare:
troyguitar

wap wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:43 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:28 pm We still want to go to France this year but dunno what's going to happen with the moving situation. That and having too many options for everything makes it a challenge to actually book anything. Hell at this point it's been 7-8 years since I even spoke a word of French. I know that the Monaco GP is out, too :waxer: and too soon. :iono:
FWIW, you don't need to be able to speak French to have a :fuckyeah: time in France. Sure it probably helps but 5/7 you'll find enough English speakers to make it :aintcare:
Not for me. I don't want to vacation, I want to visit to see how I'd feel about moving there in the future. I'd like to do some fun things too, but I primarily want to get some feel for life there. I also took french off and on from 1998-2010, I used to be somewhat competent. It would be frustrating as hell to go there and be :derp: from not taking the time to get back up to speed on the language.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:47 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Not for me. I don't want to vacation, I want to visit to see how I'd feel about moving there in the future. I'd like to do some fun things too, but I primarily want to get some feel for life there. I also took french off and on from 1998-2010, I used to be somewhat competent. It would be frustrating as hell to go there and be :derp: from not taking the time to get back up to speed on the language.
So, uh, :doit:
The panda hath arrived.
wap

Jaxper wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:50 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:47 pm

So, uh, :doit:
:dat:
More and more it just sounds like :sass: excuses to not :doit: I guarantee you that if you immerse yourself in the language by going there, after just a couple days you'll surprise yourself with how much you remember. Plus, the locals will 5/7 :wub: you for just trying and will gladly help you when necessary. I've seen this happen with other people and other languages that they were very rusty with.
troyguitar

wap wrote:
Jaxper wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:50 pm So, uh, :doit:
More and more it just sounds like :sass: excuses to not :doit: I guarantee you that if you immerse yourself in the language by going there, after just a couple days you'll surprise yourself with how much you remember. Plus, the locals will 5/7 :wub: you for just trying and will gladly help you when necessary. I've seen this happen with other people and other languages that they were very rusty with.
I'm going, it's just a matter of time. Blowing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go earlier than I'm ready to go is :fullretard:

If I go a second time, it'll be a permanent vacation.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:46 pm
wap wrote:
I'm going, it's just a matter of time. Blowing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go earlier than I'm ready to go is :fullretard:

When will you be ready?
troyguitar

wap wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:14 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:46 pm I'm going, it's just a matter of time. Blowing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go earlier than I'm ready to go is :fullretard:

When will you be ready?
Depends on what happens with career shit. Ideally this September/October, but not if we're moving or putting down epic amounts of money on a :haus:

Can't book flights when you don't know where you'll live, either.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:38 pm
Any update on Charlotte?
No news yet. I just hope we don't end up back in Corning. That place blows.

...so I assume we'll be moving there soon. :dubshow:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:49 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:48 pm

No news yet. I just hope we don't end up back in Corning. That place blows.

...so I assume we'll be moving there soon. :dubshow:
I drove through Corning once. Seemed like a fine place to spend a weekend... living there... :dafuq: :dafuq: :gag:

I'm hoping some kind of NC thing works out for awhile, then she'll have enough experience (and a Manager title) on the resume to be able to change companies if she ends up needing to move to NY or Asia to stick with Corning.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:04 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:56 pm

I'm hoping some kind of NC thing works out for awhile, then she'll have enough experience (and a Manager title) on the resume to be able to change companies if she ends up needing to move to NY or Asia to stick with Corning.
Good luck man. I could see you really enjoying Asia (well the places I have been) for a relatively short stint. 6 - 10 months or so I think you'd love it.
:disgust:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:20 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:18 pm

:disgust:
besides lacking good driving roads, they are so anxious to teach you everything. With your desire to learn shit, I think you'd enjoy.
The idea of dropping everything that I do and have in order to rent a tiny apartment and ride a moped in a lawless land doesn't sit well with me. Continuing to work would even be a challenge. Interesting for a week maybe, not interesting as a move.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:20 pm

besides lacking good driving roads, they are so anxious to teach you everything. With your desire to learn shit, I think you'd enjoy.
The idea of dropping everything that I do and have in order to rent a tiny apartment and ride a moped in a lawless land doesn't sit well with me. Continuing to work would even be a challenge. Interesting for a week maybe, not interesting as a move.
LOLZ
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 pm Where I know I need to go for work this year:

Atlanta
Connecticut
Minnesota
Dallas
Louisville :fuckyeah:
Pittsburgh
Salt Lake City :fuckyeah:
Arkansas
Charlotte
Champagne Illinois
Boston
Toronto
London
Stevenage (UK)
Leeds (UK)
India
Philippines
Mexico City
Sao Paulo (probably)

Personal:
:dunno: some island somewhere
Champaign (not champagne) is like an hour from where I grew up.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Fap in May & August
Michigan for private track days in June
Maybe a trip to Austin for MotoGP.

Other than that, :iono:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Definitely Turkey in the summer!

Potentially:
- San Francisco (surrounding areas)
- New York
- Montreal
- Miami

Work potentials:
- Cancun, and that's about it on that agenda.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.