OT 12: Pew Pew Pew

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:37 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:56 pm

It's been hard for me treading that path with Michelle. She put on 15-20lbs after we started dating. Combination of work stress, us eating out together, etc. Now she's trying to lose it. She finally agreed to come to the gym with me, but I know that's not her preferred method of exercise, so I try to keep it engaging and interesting for her. Lifts and body parts that she enjoys hitting, I have her do more often than stuff she doesn't like or doesn't care about. I built out a push/pull/legs routine for her, figuring she can go as little as three days a week and still hit her full body. Surprise, she likes hitting legs more, and thinks their more important than hitting her upper body. No problem, legs/push/legs/pull. Now she's hitting legs twice as much as any other body part so she's happy. She also prefers cardio to lifting, so she knows if she's ever just done lifting, and I'm not, she can go hit cardio until I'm done. And if she comes to the gym a fifth day with me, she can either do legs for a third time, or she can just do a cardio day.

We're starting there, but it quickly turned into her wanting to clean up her diet. I went shopping with her last night because she wanted help picking out foods. My recommendation was to focus every meal on a protein, then do veggies, and then she can have any carbs or fats that she wants on top of that, but just be cognizant of how much fat is actually in things. For protein this week, she wanted a rotisserie chicken, roast beef, and eggs. She grabbed chard and broccoli for veggies, sharp cheddar cheese as a fat source, and bananas and tortillas for carbs. Perfect. She asked about adding mayonaisse to stuff, like she wanted to make wraps with the tortillas, beef, and cheese. Gave her an honest, but supportive answer. She can add maynoaisse, but it is just fat that she's adding. A little bit isn't going to derail her progress, so just be mindful of how much you use. She decided based on that to skip it and just grab a spicy mustard instead.

I'm pretty proud of her. She used to eat pretty bad, and would only eat what she felt like with no regard for health, and it was a genuine concern for me for when we have kids in the future. So seeing her take this initiative and ask questions to learn and better her health is exciting for me. Added selfish bonus, I get to sculpt :datass: in the gym and make it even bigger than it naturally is.
Thanks to you and Coogs for posting this... I've had this "struggle" in really every relationship, some worse than others. I love working out and try to be healthy (although sometimes eat like shit as y'all know). My previous ex was the worst because she would go out to fancy dinners/drinks almost every night with her friends and it really bothered me.

Allison is not in the physical shape I am and doesn't really exercise often. She's not over weight or anything and, IMO is super :jimp: :datass: . I do worry over the long haul though, that the weight will pile on at some point. She is somewhat health conscious with eating and focuses a lot on fruits and veggies, but she's from a southern/country background and still works in the country, so the emphasis at work/family stuff for her is always on eating a bunch of shit. We joined the YMCA together but she doesn't really go much. It's been hard trying to get her motivated without pushing. I really don't ever bring it up, I figure she'll work it out on her own, since she does care, but it does bother me sometimes. It's nice to hear other dudes have been in the same situation. What is the strangest about it to me is that when we first met, she was really into running. We'll still do an occasional 5K or something but that really went out the window.
Wife and I both packed on some pounds, but have also mostly lost them all and then some. Wife has been tracking nearly perfect weight gain the whole pregnancy so hopefully baby weight will shed easily.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:30 pm Crazy day, senior designer here got let go due to performance issues.
I'm one of the most experienced guys now.
Was a nice guy but had made some pretty :disgust: errors....and didn't own up.

Also don't be the highest guy paid in the room...
:dat:

Got a reputation for being lazy, he also just gave up, had a shit attitude, and complained all the time.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:16 pm
Thedude wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:54 pm Image
lol this should be the new WTF
It was so funny, it took me until a couple weeks ago to realize who that was and where it came from. Looked familiar in small size so long then it finally came to me.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:35 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:34 pm

:impressive: :melon:
Your avatar made me :gag:
:wtf:
You just noticed it? It's been up for almost a week.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:lolgasm:
:like: :like:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:38 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:35 pm

Your avatar made me :gag:
No I have but I just focused a bit more on it today lol
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:28 pm

It was so funny, it took me until a couple weeks ago to realize who that was and where it came from. Looked familiar in small size so long then it finally came to me.
Who is it? Not Homer, the :wtf: dude:
wap

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:40 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:38 pm

No I have but I just focused a bit more on it today lol
I love the dribble of slime coming out of the left side of my/its mouth.
:lolol:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:56 pm

It's been hard for me treading that path with Michelle. She put on 15-20lbs after we started dating. Combination of work stress, us eating out together, etc. Now she's trying to lose it. She finally agreed to come to the gym with me, but I know that's not her preferred method of exercise, so I try to keep it engaging and interesting for her. Lifts and body parts that she enjoys hitting, I have her do more often than stuff she doesn't like or doesn't care about. I built out a push/pull/legs routine for her, figuring she can go as little as three days a week and still hit her full body. Surprise, she likes hitting legs more, and thinks their more important than hitting her upper body. No problem, legs/push/legs/pull. Now she's hitting legs twice as much as any other body part so she's happy. She also prefers cardio to lifting, so she knows if she's ever just done lifting, and I'm not, she can go hit cardio until I'm done. And if she comes to the gym a fifth day with me, she can either do legs for a third time, or she can just do a cardio day.

We're starting there, but it quickly turned into her wanting to clean up her diet. I went shopping with her last night because she wanted help picking out foods. My recommendation was to focus every meal on a protein, then do veggies, and then she can have any carbs or fats that she wants on top of that, but just be cognizant of how much fat is actually in things. For protein this week, she wanted a rotisserie chicken, roast beef, and eggs. She grabbed chard and broccoli for veggies, sharp cheddar cheese as a fat source, and bananas and tortillas for carbs. Perfect. She asked about adding mayonaisse to stuff, like she wanted to make wraps with the tortillas, beef, and cheese. Gave her an honest, but supportive answer. She can add maynoaisse, but it is just fat that she's adding. A little bit isn't going to derail her progress, so just be mindful of how much you use. She decided based on that to skip it and just grab a spicy mustard instead.

I'm pretty proud of her. She used to eat pretty bad, and would only eat what she felt like with no regard for health, and it was a genuine concern for me for when we have kids in the future. So seeing her take this initiative and ask questions to learn and better her health is exciting for me. Added selfish bonus, I get to sculpt :datass: in the gym and make it even bigger than it naturally is.
Thanks to you and Coogs for posting this... I've had this "struggle" in really every relationship, some worse than others. I love working out and try to be healthy (although sometimes eat like shit as y'all know). My previous ex was the worst because she would go out to fancy dinners/drinks almost every night with her friends and it really bothered me.

Allison is not in the physical shape I am and doesn't really exercise often. She's not over weight or anything and, IMO is super :jimp: :datass: . I do worry over the long haul though, that the weight will pile on at some point. She is somewhat health conscious with eating and focuses a lot on fruits and veggies, but she's from a southern/country background and still works in the country, so the emphasis at work/family stuff for her is always on eating a bunch of shit. We joined the YMCA together but she doesn't really go much. It's been hard trying to get her motivated without pushing. I really don't ever bring it up, I figure she'll work it out on her own, since she does care, but it does bother me sometimes. It's nice to hear other dudes have been in the same situation. What is the strangest about it to me is that when we first met, she was really into running. We'll still do an occasional 5K or something but that really went out the window.
That's how Michelle was too with the running, and then that just kinda stopped as work stress piled on, so the weight came on quick for her. She never got upset when I asked if she wanted to come to the gym with me, but she did say she felt like I was being pushy with it for a bit. She'd said she wanted to lose weight and I told her she could come with me, but then I kept pushing it and that's when she felt pressured. I backed off, and then later when she was ready she said she wanted help, I told her I could help her with liftring if she wanted to do that, or I'd step up and take care of the dogs more so she could just go running if that's what she wanted, and offered to help with her food if she was interested in that as well. I basically just had to offer a bunch of solutions, and let her pick what she was most comfortable with. And now I get texts at work asking what time we're going to the gym and stuff like that. She's still in the early stages, but it's cool to see.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Wife and I both packed on some pounds, but have also mostly lost them all and then some. Wife has been tracking nearly perfect weight gain the whole pregnancy so hopefully baby weight will shed easily.
If she ever does get fat I may just also get fat so I can try the "let's lose weight together" thing :notsure:

Hopefully the baby weight drops for Kelly, a lot of chicks I've known actually end up skinnier post pregnancy due to breast feeding and chasing the kiddo around and such.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:02 pm
Hopefully the baby weight drops for Kelly, a lot of chicks I've known actually end up skinnier post pregnancy due to breast feeding and chasing the kiddo around and such.
i wouldn't doubt it. They said for her height and type she should gain 17-25 and i think at last checkup she was 24 up. Considering most people put on 50 fucking lbs because pregnant.... being high normal is a fucking WIN.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:26 pm Employee getting in trouble for vaping in our enclosed parking garage.
this is america god damnit
razr390

Work was a drag today. Ugh
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:18 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Was a nice guy but had made some pretty :disgust: errors....and didn't own up.

Also don't be the highest guy paid in the room...

Got a reputation for being lazy, he also just gave up, had a shit attitude, and complained all the time.
now that im here, I'll get this dept into top shape.

and bitch about my coworkers here. :crang:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:35 pm Work was a drag today. Ugh

so much so.. 8 hours of driving safety course...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

im pretty sure the animation cars in my safety course is 1, a yellow lexus is250. and the 2, (typ asshole driver of wrong doing) is a blue e46 bmw 4 dr.
razr390

dubshow wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:40 pm im pretty sure the animation cars in my safety course is 1, a yellow lexus is250. and the 2, (typ asshole driver of wrong doing) is a blue e46 bmw 4 dr.
In our simulators at DHS for police driving we were in e46 BMW’s lol
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:21 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:58 am We went out to a RV expo on Saturday, and found a sweet little travel trailer. It was 21 feet long and sleeps 4. Toilet and shower were separate too so you aren't showering over the toilet like you do in a lot of smaller trailers. IIRC, it was "show pricing" at like $13k? I'd go on the last day of the show and take it home for even less; most people going are looking at the giant trailers, 5th wheels and the like; only a few people have interest in the smaller ones.

Fuck do I want to get one and travel around a bunch.
I'll jumo in here because I RV for a living and my parents just bought one.

They got a 22' unit used (from a friend of my mom's). I'm not sure of the year but it's super clean, basically mint condition, I'd guess 10 years or so old though. It has full shitter/shower, kitchen, queen sized bed, it's nice. They paid $3k. I think used is the way to go on these, just find something really clean and well maintained from an anal engineer type owner. They depreciate a ton.

They are towing this one with a 2015 (I think) Durango with the 3.6. My dad says that this vehicle is up for the job no problem, IIRC the car is rated for 6500.

The other side is that I RV professionally. I don't sleep/shit in mine, but if you have any questions about maintenance, where to get repairs on the road, managing it, RV travel in general, I have 70k miles experience. I love it and it's something I absolutely hope to do for recreation at some point in my life. I'd go for something smaller as well, you can get into way more parks/places, it's less tiring to tow, easy on the wallet, and really, if I have space to sleep/stay out of the rain and cook something inside, that's plenty. The idea is spending the time doing stuff/being outside mostly. I'm also OK with tenting though. I also think one of those full size pickups with the cab over/bed installed campers would be pretty neat/adequate. You can park/go almost anywhere in those, especially if 4X4.
:fuckyeah: Thanks for the input Griff! This is just an idea the wifey and I have thrown around for a couple years now. Will have to hit you up for more info if/when the time comes closer to pulling the trigger.

Used looks like a great way to go if you can find something that works for you. Hell, what I'm looking for is probably "starter" trailer territory with plenty of people selling/trading to get giant ones. A nice basecamp for other outdoor activities is what we want.
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:02 pm
i wouldn't doubt it. They said for her height and type she should gain 17-25 and i think at last checkup she was 24 up. Considering most people put on 50 fucking lbs because pregnant.... being high normal is a fucking WIN.
Yeah.. my sister put on 56lbs this pregnancy, which really surprises me, because she's generally healthy and works out, and bro-in-law is a meat head like me.

Great job for Kelly only putting on 24lbs.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:41 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Who is it? Not Homer, the :wtf: dude:
Tom Delonge, the alien/conspiracy theory "expert" from Blink-182. It's clipped from the video for First Date.

SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Yeah.. my sister put on 56lbs this pregnancy, which really surprises me, because she's generally healthy and works out, and bro-in-law is a meat head like me.

Great job for Kelly only putting on 24lbs.
Weight added during pregnancy has nothing to do with being healthy or not and averages are meaningless. Jul put on 30 and now weighs less than before. Her sister went from 105 to 155 and now is under 100.

You can be perfectly healthy and add a ton of weight or totally unhealthy and add almost none.
:sass:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:13 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 pm

Weight added during pregnancy has nothing to do with being healthy or not and averages are meaningless. Jul put on 30 and now weighs less than before. Her sister went from 105 to 155 and now is under 100.

You can be perfectly healthy and add a ton of weight or totally unhealthy and add almost none.
All you guys who are saying "she put on just the right amount of weight during pregnancy".....uh yeah don't go sharing that with any females you're interested in continuing to be friends with. I think if you're going to bear all the burdens of bringing crotchfruit into the world, you can slam a few fucking ho-hos during the process if you're in the mood. Having done nothing more than donated some semen, :stfu:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:14 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:13 pm

Hahaha I was more saying your sister was probably perfectly healthy because if I remember from pics she was both pretty small and pretty :jimp: :datass:
Oh yeah, I'm sure she stayed pretty healthy, I was just suprised that she gained that much, because her weight is something she's super self-conscious about and I fully expected her to be one of the 9-month preggo women still busting her ass in the gym a few days a week.
razr390

gonna gym soon