Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:13 pm

:sass:
All you guys who are saying "she put on just the right amount of weight during pregnancy".....uh yeah don't go sharing that with any females you're interested in continuing to be friends with. I think if you're going to bear all the burdens of bringing crotchfruit into the world, you can slam a few fucking ho-hos during the process if you're in the mood. Having done nothing more than donated some semen, :stfu:
:sass: :tits: :midol: :fatty:

of course I wouldn't share that with most people

[notjoking]

But with my wife / inner circle
:stfu:

Life is about balance and treating pregnancy like a free pass to get fat eating shit food is simply not taking care of either the baby OR yourself. And that should be socially shamed. And we probably shouldn't be friends if we don't agree.
[/notjoking]
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:44 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:17 am Last night the wife was looking at our flight to Nashville and noticed that we are still the only people in first class on the plane... then she noticed that the tickets dropped by $500 per person in the last 2 weeks since we booked. Luckily the tickets were refundable, so she cancelled the flight, booked the new seats and 5 minutes later re-selected our original seats.

:fuckyeah: $1000 saved that can go towards the JL Rubicon or the Hawaii flight in June.
:impressive:

Never known anyone who actually books first class seats with money. Nashville is 5/7, IMO.
We always do.

I don't want to risk not getting an upgrade and having to sit in cattle-class.

:lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

man i kinda don't like my email pic for work. It shows hoe badly my hairline is in full blown retreat. :disgust:
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:50 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:44 am

:impressive:

Never known anyone who actually books first class seats with money. Nashville is 5/7, IMO.
We always do.

Are you flying with Southwest?
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:51 am man i kinda don't like my email pic for work. It shows hoe badly my hairline is in full blown retreat. :disgust:
Your work email pic isn't the Bradfox? :mindblown:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:53 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:50 am

We always do.

Me?

FUCK NO.

Our flight is from SFO to Nashville and back on Virgin. The last time I flew SW was probably 10 years ago on a flight from San Jose to Vegas and never again.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:11 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:53 am

Me?

FUCK NO.

Our flight is from SFO to Nashville and back on Virgin. The last time I flew SW was probably 10 years ago on a flight from San Jose to Vegas and never again.
I don't really like them either... Just was curious since you were able to cancel like that. I normally fly AA due to living in Charlotte, they never allow cancellation.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:17 am Last night the wife was looking at our flight to Nashville and noticed that we are still the only people in first class on the plane... then she noticed that the tickets dropped by $500 per person in the last 2 weeks since we booked. Luckily the tickets were refundable, so she cancelled the flight, booked the new seats and 5 minutes later re-selected our original seats.

:fuckyeah: $1000 saved that can go towards the JL Rubicon or the Hawaii flight in June.
:fuckyeah:
I love doing shit like that, ie, creative ways of saving sheckels.
Last edited by wap on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:14 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:11 am

Me?

FUCK NO.

I don't really like them either... Just was curious since you were able to cancel like that. I normally fly AA due to living in Charlotte, they never allow cancellation.
I think they allowed the cancellation because how expensive the tickets were. The original price was $2,904 for two seats round trip which I think was due to the fact that we are going exactly when March Madness is going on there, March 16th.
wap

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:57 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:51 am man i kinda don't like my email pic for work. It shows hoe badly my hairline is in full blown retreat. :disgust:
Your work email pic isn't the Bradfox? :mindblown:
:dat: :lol:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Getting major red flags from a potential client...

So far she has been the type that instead of pulling together her thoughts in one cohesive email, she will email me five times in a row all with different thoughts.

We had a 10:00 am scheduled this morning about 45 minutes north of me. The roads in Indy were absolute shit due to ice. They shut down our main highway between at least twice and were diverting.

I emailed at 6:30 am requesting a reschedule.

Had nothing by 8:00 so I texted her. Got not response.

Called her at 8:15 and left a message telling her to call me when she got it and we would reschedule.

At 9:15 am she emails me back saying no problem then calls me while I'm responding to her immediately insisting that today was the only good day for her and that they would come south to me for 11:00 am. Ok, fine.

She sends me a text at 10:30 saying they're leaving. For a 45 minute trip on a good day. I check traffic reports and everything is still FUBAR.

It's now 11:20 and they still aren't here.

I promised myself I'd pay attention to these red flags this year and not take difficult brides.

Can I leave??
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Work farts
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Sno wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am Getting major red flags from a potential client...

So far she has been the type that instead of pulling together her thoughts in one cohesive email, she will email me five times in a row all with different thoughts.

We had a 10:00 am scheduled this morning about 45 minutes north of me. The roads in Indy were absolute shit due to ice. They shut down our main highway between at least twice and were diverting.

Called her at 8:15 and left a message telling her to call me when she got it and we would reschedule.

At 9:15 am she emails me back saying no problem then calls me while I'm responding to her immediately insisting that today was the only good day for her and that they would come south to me for 11:00 am. Ok, fine.

She sends me a text at 10:30 saying they're leaving. For a 45 minute trip on a good day. I check traffic reports and everything is still FUBAR.

I promised myself I'd pay attention to these red flags this year and not take difficult brides.

Can I leave??
:nuke: :doomed: :nope: :sass:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:18 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:14 am

I think they allowed the cancellation because how expensive the tickets were. The original price was $2,904 for two seats round trip which I think was due to the fact that we are going exactly when March Madness is going on there, March 16th.
Oh, muh birfday.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am
Can I leave??
I approve. At the minimum, find more reasons to charge them more over the whole process.
wap

Sno wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am Getting major red flags from a potential client...

Can I leave??
razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:26 amWork farts
I somehow think these 2 posts are related.
razr390

wap wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 am

Can I leave??
razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:26 amWork farts
Astute observation, Dr. Watson!
wap

Can I leave??
:doomed:
Man, I'd be very wary of this one, or at least charge her up the :knot: to make the inevitable :fullretard: moments somewhat justifiable.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 am
Sno wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am
Can I leave??
I approve. At the minimum, find more reasons to charge them more over the whole process.
:dat:
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:34 am
wap wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 am

Astute observation, Dr. Watson!
:bow:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Can I leave??
If they no-show give them your concerns. If they catch attitude maybe take a pass on this one...
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Traffic was extra heavy this morning. I made the decision to take a carpool exit to shave off ~5 minutes so I wouldn't be as late to work. Got popped by a bike cop at the bottom of the exit. Lost those five minutes and it'll probably cost me about $500. Ouch. Lesson learned.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:15 pm Traffic was extra heavy this morning. I made the decision to take a carpool exit to shave off ~5 minutes so I wouldn't be as late to work. Got popped by a bike cop at the bottom of the exit. Lost those five minutes and it'll probably cost me about $500. Ouch. Lesson learned.
Yup. Carpool lane tickets are about $500-1,000.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:15 pm Traffic was extra heavy this morning. I made the decision to take a carpool exit to shave off ~5 minutes so I wouldn't be as late to work. Got popped by a bike cop at the bottom of the exit. Lost those five minutes and it'll probably cost me about $500. Ouch. Lesson learned.
Yup. Carpool lane tickets are about $500-1,000.
Posted signs here say minimum fine is $471. Hoping when I go to court the judge will be lenient and lower it a bit, or at least just slap me with the minimum.