OT 12: Pew Pew Pew

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:17 pm damn. i am on fire today.

was on a call with a customer for 2.5 hours, then one of the our architects needed help with something I just learned a little bit of and winged at a customer a few weeks ago by myself, so I joined his meeting silently. was watching two meeting screens at the same time, talking with a customer, chatting with one of our architects to help him with his stuff. damn yo.

then an email was sent by the architect to the client about what was done with me CC'd and a few others from my company that the work/testing was completed and gave me a shout out thanking me for the help. :)
:triggered:

i hope someone sues your entire industry over that term.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Reading :crang: first post I was, like: alright :fuckyeah: then the second post was :gtfo:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

dubshow wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:38 pm

was on a call with a customer for 2.5 hours, then one of the our architects needed help with something I just learned a little bit of and winged at a customer a few weeks ago by myself, so I joined his meeting silently. was watching two meeting screens at the same time, talking with a customer, chatting with one of our architects to help him with his stuff. damn yo.

then an email was sent by the architect to the client about what was done with me CC'd and a few others from my company that the work/testing was completed and gave me a shout out thanking me for the help. :)
:triggered:

i hope someone sues your entire industry over that term.
:lolgasm:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:39 pm Reading :crang: first post I was, like: alright :fuckyeah: then the second post was :gtfo:
:dat:

Fuckin :crang:

:disappoint:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:20 pm
nuggstein wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:18 pm also, the other dude who was sick the past two days, came in today, and then went home and didn't even tell me! I went to my boss and was like...did so so and so leave, she's like yep, guess nobody needed him since no one asked where he was.

so i gotta stay a third day in a row late, again, after coming in early.
shut up, :crang:
:lolol:
Classic
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

Sno wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am Getting major red flags from a potential client...

So far she has been the type that instead of pulling together her thoughts in one cohesive email, she will email me five times in a row all with different thoughts.

We had a 10:00 am scheduled this morning about 45 minutes north of me. The roads in Indy were absolute shit due to ice. They shut down our main highway between at least twice and were diverting.

I emailed at 6:30 am requesting a reschedule.

Had nothing by 8:00 so I texted her. Got not response.

Called her at 8:15 and left a message telling her to call me when she got it and we would reschedule.

At 9:15 am she emails me back saying no problem then calls me while I'm responding to her immediately insisting that today was the only good day for her and that they would come south to me for 11:00 am. Ok, fine.

She sends me a text at 10:30 saying they're leaving. For a 45 minute trip on a good day. I check traffic reports and everything is still FUBAR.

It's now 11:20 and they still aren't here.

I promised myself I'd pay attention to these red flags this year and not take difficult brides.

Can I leave??
My girlfriend is a senior event manager for a pretty large hotel corporation (the umbrella). She said that weddings are the worst...that, and really asshole corporate people. Since most of the clients are bigshots, she's had to deal with some from middle-eastern countries, and they would constantly try to flirt with her, ask her out, and text her on her work phone all of the time. It was insane.

She does have awesome clients most of the time, though.
:crang:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Congratulations! You multitasked!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:01 pm
Sno wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am Getting major red flags from a potential client...

So far she has been the type that instead of pulling together her thoughts in one cohesive email, she will email me five times in a row all with different thoughts.

We had a 10:00 am scheduled this morning about 45 minutes north of me. The roads in Indy were absolute shit due to ice. They shut down our main highway between at least twice and were diverting.

I emailed at 6:30 am requesting a reschedule.

Had nothing by 8:00 so I texted her. Got not response.

Called her at 8:15 and left a message telling her to call me when she got it and we would reschedule.

At 9:15 am she emails me back saying no problem then calls me while I'm responding to her immediately insisting that today was the only good day for her and that they would come south to me for 11:00 am. Ok, fine.

She sends me a text at 10:30 saying they're leaving. For a 45 minute trip on a good day. I check traffic reports and everything is still FUBAR.

It's now 11:20 and they still aren't here.

I promised myself I'd pay attention to these red flags this year and not take difficult brides.

Can I leave??
My girlfriend is a senior event manager for a pretty large hotel corporation (the umbrella). She said that weddings are the worst...that, and really asshole corporate people. Since most of the clients are bigshots, she's had to deal with some from middle-eastern countries, and they would constantly try to flirt with her, ask her out, and text her on her work phone all of the time. It was insane.

I have one that makes me question ever doing any of this again once a year.

Trying to get that down to just simply disliking that particular client and doing my job. No one loves their job 24/7.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Sleepy this afternoon. Anyone up for a communal nap?
nuggstein

damn, someone just got fired. hasn't been here long, telemarketer dude. HR lady was standing right in his cube (I am sitting in front of it). Apparently she said "Out", and then he walked out.
Last edited by nuggstein on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

Baby finally has a name. Oakley Gwynne (family name.. Grandma's, Mom's, and this sister's middle name.. not sure where the origin before Grandma is) Hanselman
nuggstein

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:12 pm Baby finally has a name. Oakley Gwynne (family name.. Grandma's, Mom's, and this sister's middle name.. not sure where the origin before Grandma is) Hanselman
Should've named the baby, Crang.
SAWCE

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:12 pm damn, someone just got fired. hasn't been here long, telemarketer dude. HR lady was standing right in his cube (I am sitting in front of it). Apparently she said "Out", and then he walked out.
He was definitely watching pr0n at his desk and didn't turn it off when she walked in to his cube.
SAWCE

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:12 pm Baby finally has a name. Oakley Gwynne (family name.. Grandma's, Mom's, and this sister's middle name.. not sure where the origin before Grandma is) Hanselman
Should've named the baby, Crang.
But then it wouldn't legally be allowed to cook eggs.
nuggstein

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:13 pm
nuggstein wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:12 pm damn, someone just got fired. hasn't been here long, telemarketer dude. HR lady was standing right in his cube (I am sitting in front of it). Apparently she said "Out", and then he walked out.
He was definitely watching pr0n at his desk and didn't turn it off when she walked in to his cube.
haha. I have seen so many of these guys get fired. We have ONE to help the two person marketing team (now one person marketing team) make spam calls and do other bullshit.

Actually, the girl who was doing the telemarketing stuff before him took it upon herself to ramp up on computer stuff, pass a bunch of exams, and transferred over to our department as an engineer, and she's doing really well!
Last edited by nuggstein on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nuggstein

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:17 pm

haha. I have seen so many of these guys get fired. We have ONE to help the two person marketing team (now one person marketing team) make spam calls and do other bullshit.

Actually, the girl who was doing the telemarketing stuff before took it upon herself to ramp up on computer stuff, pass a bunch of exams, and transferred over to our department, and she's doing really well!
We had one guy a few years ago who couldn't pronounce "Citrix." Every time he'd make a call, he'd be like, "Are you going to the Citrus event?"

There's a big difference.

nuggstein

Sno wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:05 pm
nuggstein wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:01 pm

I have one that makes me question ever doing any of this again once a year.

Trying to get that down to just simply disliking that particular client and doing my job. No one loves their job 24/7.
What kind of client?
wap

Sno wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Congratulations! You multitasked!
:lolol:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:07 pm Sleepy this afternoon. Anyone up for a communal nap?
:hai:
:sawce: snuggles :wub:
wap

:dat:
SAWCE

wap wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:07 pm Sleepy this afternoon. Anyone up for a communal nap?
These long ass arms can wrap you up really tight like.
razr390

Reminds me of an incident at work the other day. Accidental 911 call but we couldn’t locate the workstation so I went to HR and they told me names weren’t updated for some workstations so it showed a terminated employee’s name instead of the current employee. HR was like hey I’ll come with you so I can see what’s going on with the names.

Dude bro who accidentally called was like “holy cow I thought i was about to get carried out of here. Corporate Security and HR walking toward my desk with serious looks on their face... boy”
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:33 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:24 pm

These long ass arms can wrap you up really tight like.
*swoon*
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

That awkward moment when the Amazon chat rep tells you her boyfriend broke up with her and then seems to start hitting on you. :dafuq:

SAWCE

coogles wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:28 pm That awkward moment when the Amazon chat rep tells you her boyfriend broke up with her and then seems to start hitting on you. :dafuq:

She cute?