i hate how i get sucked in by listicicles

:fax:
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:popcorn:

I've worked for the .gov and the private sector...

.gov did indeed pay sort of poorly, but was extremely low work ethic in comparison, never a minute over 40, lots of PTO, general low urgency vibe, constant meetings.

There are advantages to both, I'm happy I'm the private sector making the rich richer.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:40 pm
C00bs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm

If you don't believe this, look it up. Oh wait, fake news right?
they make the same if not more in terms of total compensation. Even more so when you consider many federal employess work a real 40 hour week vs and industry "40 hr week"

but really,
:whocares: :whocares: :whocares:
:whocares: :aintcare: :whocares:
Really? Source? Heritage foundation? Yeah, totally false there bro.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:40 pm they make the same if not more in terms of total compensation. Even more so when you consider many federal employess work a real 40 hour week vs and industry "40 hr week"
I'm approaching 3.5 years out of gov't sector but this mirrors my experience when I was there (contractor). Plus, depressing to have people you for/with to know and be actively counting down the 1937 days they have until retirement.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:42 pm :popcorn:

I've worked for the .gov and the private sector...

.gov did indeed pay sort of poorly, but was extremely low work ethic in comparison, never a minute over 40, lots of PTO, general low urgency vibe, constant meetings.

There are advantages to both, I'm happy I'm the private sector making the rich richer.
Yeah, it really depends who you are surrounded by in the workforce. The Fair Labor Standards Act sort of nixes anything over 40 hours for most of those jobs. There are some super lazy fucks out there.

I would make the move in a heartbeat if I got something similar in the private sector. The problem is my occupation will work like 80 hours+, but I am sure a unicorn job is out there somewhere.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:16 pm oh and of course the bank changes its website and breaks the mint connection. Awesome.
TD? Got an email last week that they were changing stuff.
:crang:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

C00bs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:42 pm

they make the same if not more in terms of total compensation. Even more so when you consider many federal employess work a real 40 hour week vs and industry "40 hr week"

but really,
I was a .gov contractor. :fax: The ineffectiveness and money wasting is a joke. JOKE.

I'm glad your little corner of the government is efficient and operates with effectiveness and you are happy to be there.

The reality is most government offices operate with efficiencies that are laughable in the private sector.

So yea, government sucks. I'll keep voting to put you all out of a jerb, #sorrynotsorry. (im losing doe so #dontpanic)
brain go brrrrrr
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

C00bs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm

If you don't believe this, look it up. Oh wait, fake news right?

but really,
I wish I had a real 40 hour week. It's bullshit. That and they all get pensions. Not fair.
:crang:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

nuggstein wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:46 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:16 pm oh and of course the bank changes its website and breaks the mint connection. Awesome.
TD? Got an email last week that they were changing stuff.
no, hancockwhitney
brain go brrrrrr
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:49 pm

I was a .gov contractor. :fax: The ineffectiveness and money wasting is a joke. JOKE.

I'm glad your little corner of the government is efficient and operates with effectiveness and you are happy to be there.

The reality is most government offices operate with efficiencies that are laughable in the private sector.

So yea, government sucks. I'll keep voting to put you all out of a jerb, #sorrynotsorry. (im losing doe so #dontpanic)
A government contractor is not a government job. You never were a federal employee. Everything you said is highly dependent on who/where you are working. You are forgetting that government services are not profit motivated. There is a difference between providing a service to make money and then providing a service that is there to take care of someone.

Go ahead. Keep voting to cripple government and then say the service being provided is ineffective. This is circular logic.

I will admit that the system is fall from perfect, but dismantling only makes it worse.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

nuggstein wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:40 pm they make the same if not more in terms of total compensation. Even more so when you consider many federal employess work a real 40 hour week vs and industry "40 hr week"

but really,
I wish I had a real 40 hour week. It's bullshit. That and they all get pensions. Not fair.
Waaaaa, it's not fair! I'm going to cry to mommy about it! :baby: :crang:
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:01 pm
nuggstein wrote: I wish I had a real 40 hour week. It's bullshit. That and they all get pensions. Not fair.
Waaaaa, it's not fair! I'm going to cry to mommy about it! :baby: :crang:
I don't think he even understands what a federal pension is and there are tiers such as FERS and ones predating it. A modest pension for 30 years of service v. private sector salary making more and contributing to the 401k at a higher rate is most likely a better deal.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Have worked with several city and state municipal services (maintenance, utilities, refuse, fire, etc) and can confirm the amount of taxpayer :troywax: is :mindblown: It's like they try to figure out ways to spend more money vs. reduce cost.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

C00bs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:56 pm

A government contractor is not a government job. You never were a federal employee. Everything you said is highly dependent on who/where you are working. You are forgetting that government services are not profit motivated. There is a difference between providing a service to make money and then providing a service that is there to take care of someone.

Go ahead. Keep voting to cripple government and then say the service being provided is ineffective. This is circular logic.

I will admit that the system is fall from perfect, but dismantling only makes it worse.
:sass:

what if i told you: I dont care. nor do i care what you think. #sorrynotsorry
brain go brrrrrr
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:12 pm

I am glad you don't care. I also hope you never vote, but I still love you.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

C00bs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 pm

oh but i vote all the time. :wub: you too

(BTW, this is OT: OT is for fucking off and trolling. Id engage in more serious talk and care in a politics thread, if I was so inclined that day)
brain go brrrrrr
wap

So this is Brad without :fax:

:trollface:
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:16 pm
C00bs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 pm

oh but i vote all the time. :wub: you too

(BTW, this is OT: OT is for fucking off and trolling. Id engage in more serious talk and care in a politics thread, if I was so inclined that day)
I try not to get involved in political posts too much. I just wish our government could be better or had people like you and me who could sit down and find some solutions we can both agree on. It sounds like you may have some different beliefs, but I bet you we could sit down for 1 hour and find shit we agree on unlike Congress.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

wap wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:18 pm

Brad - :fax: = :trollface:

:math:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
wap

4zilch wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:23 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:18 pm

Brad - :fax: = :trollface:

:math:
:dat:
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:29 am
Barnes93cb wrote:I like my jerb benefits. 30 days paid leave, free healthcare, retirement after 20.

The pay isnt the best. But by no means am I doing bad for someone with a HS diploma. Retired Veteran status is only 14 years away.
:notbad:

I'm probably looking at another 40 years of bullshit.
I wont be able to fully retire with a military pension. But I can survive with a part time job or something else for supplemental income. Ideally I would get a second federal jerb and have two retirements by 58.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:28 pm I wont be able to fully retire with a military pension. But I can survive with a part time job or something else for supplemental income. Ideally I would get a second federal jerb and have two retirements by 58.
If you're cleared already and have a pulse, some contractor will hire you given. A contractor sponsoring a clearance is an expensive and lengthy process.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:35 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:28 pm I wont be able to fully retire with a military pension. But I can survive with a part time job or something else for supplemental income. Ideally I would get a second federal jerb and have two retirements by 58.
If you're cleared already and have a pulse, some contractor will hire you given. A contractor sponsoring a clearance is an expensive and lengthy process.
I do have a pretty decent clearance and from time to time my heart works.

However I was thinking more GS position for the stability. Contracting in my career is a pain. I have no desire to switch companies every year or so.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I got cleared once for an internship. But temporary clearance is temporary
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.