OT 11: Troyway to Heaven

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:57 pm I got cleared once for an internship. But temporary clearance is temporary
Real clearance is temporary too. Every 5-6 years I have to go through a new investigation.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

C00bs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:18 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:16 pm

oh but i vote all the time. :wub: you too

(BTW, this is OT: OT is for fucking off and trolling. Id engage in more serious talk and care in a politics thread, if I was so inclined that day)
I try not to get involved in political posts too much. I just wish our government could be better or had people like you and me who could sit down and find some solutions we can both agree on. It sounds like you may have some different beliefs, but I bet you we could sit down for 1 hour and find shit we agree on unlike Congress.
:word:
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Just ordered new speakers.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/ultra15-CCBpkg.html

Got the 3.1 package of that + a pair of the in-walls here for surrounds:

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/hiw-1.html

I had another Paradigm driver blow sometime last week and I'm not going to fix another one.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:58 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:57 pm I got cleared once for an internship. But temporary clearance is temporary
Real clearance is temporary too. Every 5-6 years I have to go through a new investigation.
Have you passed since hanging out with us?

:lol:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:15 pm

:hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:23 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:18 pm

So this is Brad without :fax:

:trollface:
Brad - :fax: = :trollface:

:math:
:notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

paging detroit:
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/sto ... idea-fails

paging pinterest detroicplac, ideas 4 you
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i wonder how many wine bottle projects ye olde detroit has completed this week.
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Not sure what this means? Passed what? Passed out? Died? Passed my positional goals?
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm paging detroit:

:disgust:
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:35 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:28 pm I wont be able to fully retire with a military pension. But I can survive with a part time job or something else for supplemental income. Ideally I would get a second federal jerb and have two retirements by 58.
If you're cleared already and have a pulse, some contractor will hire you given. A contractor sponsoring a clearance is an expensive and lengthy process.
what about clearance that expired or was unused? is there any of way of getting it back easily? i had TS once. my company had paid for it. what an invasive and pain in the butt that process was.
:crang:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

nuggstein wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm what about clearance that expired or was unused? is there any of way of getting it back easily? i had TS once. my company had paid for it. what an invasive and pain in the butt that process was.
I'm not sure since I do not have much experience with that. It probably depends on what you've done in your non-work life since... murders committed, weed smoked, people offended on the internetz...
wap

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:02 pm
nuggstein wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm what about clearance that expired or was unused? is there any of way of getting it back easily? i had TS once. my company had paid for it. what an invasive and pain in the butt that process was.
I'm not sure since I do not have much experience with that. It probably depends on what you've done in your non-work life since... murders committed, weed smoked, people offended on the internetz...
Uh oh.
:crang: is in trouble
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:18 pm

:triggered:

Also, reason 437 why Dplac ain't coming back. :(
:jesus: its just a joke.....

I thought about posting to his facet00b wall but decided to respectk that wish for privacy and a little break.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:18 pm

:triggered:

Also, reason 437 why Dplac ain't coming back. :(
i mean thats CLEARLY a joke. :225: boy harping on the stupidity of :truk: for the 456th consecutive day was reason for :nope:
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I thought he :rage: quit
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Dat Sports :truk: :koolaid: :bs: :wtf: :whocares:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:49 pm
C00bs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Really? Source? Heritage foundation? Yeah, totally false there bro.
I was a .gov contractor. :fax: The ineffectiveness and money wasting is a joke. JOKE.

I'm glad your little corner of the government is efficient and operates with effectiveness and you are happy to be there.

The reality is most government offices operate with efficiencies that are laughable in the private sector.

So yea, government sucks. I'll keep voting to put you all out of a jerb, #sorrynotsorry. (im losing doe so #dontpanic)
Mmmmmmmmm Lockheed Martin
I bought stock in them a while ago. Was a good move. The .gov is balls deep in the F-35 program with no way out. 2 branches of our military went :fullretard: in on ONE company for their airframes. Fantastic idea guise. Lockheed can pretty much just fabricate planes and spare parts for the next 40 years and do basically nothing else and ride the profit wave.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

nuggstein wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm
stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:35 pm
If you're cleared already and have a pulse, some contractor will hire you given. A contractor sponsoring a clearance is an expensive and lengthy process.
what about clearance that expired or was unused? is there any of way of getting it back easily? i had TS once. my company had paid for it. what an invasive and pain in the butt that process was.
Once the clearance is expired, it has to be done again. Even when you work for the government your clearance has a limited life. It still needs to be redone. Clearances are expensive, so your employer would have to pay for them when you are a contractor. If you once had a clearance that won't save your employer any money.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

C00bs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:58 pm
nuggstein wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Once the clearance is expired, it has to be done again. Even when you work for the government your clearance has a limited life. It still needs to be redone. Clearances are expensive, so your employer would have to pay for them when you are a contractor. If you once had a clearance that won't save your employer any money.
Although correct me if I’m wrong is it possible to extend a clearance before it expires?

If so, it should be cheaper and faster if done while someone already possesses a clearance versus beginning an entirely new clearance process, right?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Although correct me if I’m wrong is it possible to extend a clearance before it expires?

If so, it should be cheaper and faster if done while someone already possesses a clearance versus beginning an entirely new clearance process, right?
Yes, renewing an unexpired clearance is faster and cheaper than getting a new one, or reapplying for one after it has expired.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Yes, renewing an unexpired clearance is faster and cheaper than getting a new one, or reapplying for one after it has expired.
Which would make sense. Just never knew how it worked
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I am not an expert on it. I don't have a top secret, but for mine it maybe shortens the process slightly since a lot of my information has not changed. Check out federalsoup.com. Tons of great info there. I am sure there is a post about that kind of thing there.

EDIT: Yeah, Sawce is definitely right. The key is to not let that clearance expire. Even if you let it expire, the fact that you had this experience is pretty damn helpful for the resume though.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Productive day at work. Finished four quotes I'd started last Friday. Did a completely new one. Delegated a sixth one out to a coworker, and I have two lined up to do tomorrow.

Sent the five that I had completed to my boss, along with reminders about four others that I'd completed last week and didn't see him actually send out to our customer. He admitted that he'd fogotten to send them out and thanked me for reminding him. :fuckyeah: Gonna start greasing the skids this week for changing my hours a bit. I want to come in an hour and half earlier, and hopefully leave an hour and a half earlier as well, but still be open to staying late as needed.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The author is an audio engineering student at Johns Hopkins and I'm going there for a presentation in a couple of days. When I meet her, I'll tell her to fuck off for scaring Detroit away.