OT 11: Troyway to Heaven

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:26 pm
Sno wrote:
:tswift: you’re right. Let’s go back to Chicago in February.
This time Travis wears the skirt!
I bet he could pull it off.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:17 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Until we got to the hotel :hubba:
I have the weirdest boner right now.
:boner:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:26 pm This time Travis wears the skirt!
He has a great ass.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Apex

Sno wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:32 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 pm

He has a great ass.
:datass:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Apex wrote:
nakenyon wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm I have not had myself one yet, but I'm planning.
It's a feat of delicious fatty goodness. I've only had 1 and it was earlier this year.
We'll have to make the trip down soon then.
C00bs wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:02 pm How much does the average/median person actually put into it?
That's the thing. People don't put in much, so they want to get rid of the large deduction in taxable income. It's sort of a catch-22. They want you to be off of government assistance and have no safety net, but yet they take away something that allows people to actually be responsible with their money and saving for retirement.
I mean. In the scheme of things, it basically the government deciding that it wants it's money now and not in X number of years when you start collecting the retirement.

And it's not preventing you from actually contributing more, you just don't get the tax benefits.
SAWCE wrote:Switched gyms last night. New gym is even more spartan than my last one was. I like the old school equipment though. Plus walking distance from my place. Paid $300 up front for a full year. :notbad:
Thoughts on Planet Fitness for noobs? I'd legit just be doing cardio for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

C00bs wrote:Anyone else love how the 401k yearly investment cap is now up for negotiation? It won't be the $2,500 previously discussed, but they want to reduce it WAY down from the new $18,500. How shitty is that. I thought the whole point was to make people responsible for saving for their own retirement, but now they want to take that advantage away too? Da faq??

This may not happen, but the White House is reportedly backing this now too. Never say never.
What is the reasoning for making it lower?

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Calvinball wrote:
C00bs wrote:Anyone else love how the 401k yearly investment cap is now up for negotiation? It won't be the $2,500 previously discussed, but they want to reduce it WAY down from the new $18,500. How shitty is that. I thought the whole point was to make people responsible for saving for their own retirement, but now they want to take that advantage away too? Da faq??

This may not happen, but the White House is reportedly backing this now too. Never say never.

Guv'ment getting it's money now versus later I'd imagine. You get to defer less tax liability.
Last edited by Wocka Wocka on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvinball

C00bs wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:02 pm How much does the average/median person actually put into it?
That's the thing. People don't put in much, so they want to get rid of the large deduction in taxable income. It's sort of a catch-22. They want you to be off of government assistance and have no safety net, but yet they take away something that allows people to actually be responsible with their money and saving for retirement.
The people that can afford to put 18 grand in their 401k probably have plenty of other taxable income for the guv to get their due.

Apex

nakenyon wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:54 pm
Apex wrote:
It's a feat of delicious fatty goodness. I've only had 1 and it was earlier this year.
We'll have to make the trip down soon then.
Where are you from?
Calvinball

SAWCE wrote:Switched gyms last night. New gym is even more spartan than my last one was. I like the old school equipment though. Plus walking distance from my place. Paid $300 up front for a full year. :notbad:

Calvinball

C00bs wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:08 pm Switched gyms last night. New gym is even more spartan than my last one was. I like the old school equipment though. Plus walking distance from my place. Paid $300 up front for a full year. :notbad:
NOICE! I was bad and skipped today. My right shoulder and legs are hurting a bit
I start to hurt as a result of skipping too much.

Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Calvinball wrote:
C00bs wrote: That's the thing. People don't put in much, so they want to get rid of the large deduction in taxable income. It's sort of a catch-22. They want you to be off of government assistance and have no safety net, but yet they take away something that allows people to actually be responsible with their money and saving for retirement.
The people that can afford to put 18 grand in their 401k probably have plenty of other taxable income for the guv to get their due.

I imagine they are looking more at the people that would be contributing 5 or 6K. Guessing it adds up to a fairly significant amount.

Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Apex wrote:
nakenyon wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:54 pm We'll have to make the trip down soon then.
Where are you from?
PA. Northern Dauphin County.

Gratz to be specific.

Calvinball

nakenyon wrote:
Calvinball wrote: What is the reasoning for making it lower?

Guv'ment getting it's money now versus later I'd imagine. You get to defer less tax liability.
Gotcha.

Apex

nakenyon wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:58 pm
Apex wrote:
Where are you from?
PA. Northern Dauphin County.

Gratz to be specific.

Oh word. I didn't know you were from the Blessed Lands.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Apex wrote:
Yes. Blessed lands indeed.

Calvinball

nakenyon wrote:
Apex wrote:
Yes. Blessed lands indeed.

Praise be.

C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Calvinball wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:53 pm

They don't really give reasons. I imagine it is to collect the money in taxes now since they are reducing the corporate tax rate to 20%. 401k reducing taxable income is quite nice.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:12 pm Fire is cranking tonight
:jelly:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:47 pm
Calvinball wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:09 pm

Praise be.

Unto :jesus:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:hai:

:doge: is now :balls: -less. Got him a big fluffy bed! He is still freaking out about the damn cone on his head, but he will get used to it. It's pretty funny, he keeps running into walls. :lolol: :derp: :doge:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

razr390 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:57 pm :hai:

:doge: is now :balls: -less. Got him a big fluffy bed! He is still freaking out about the damn cone on his head, but he will get used to it. It's pretty funny, he keeps running into walls. :lolol: :derp: :doge:
This gave me a solid chuckle.
razr390

On another note, saw a car hit & run a guy on a scooter. Got it on dashcam, went to report it to local Sheriff's office but the guy on scooter was so sketched out about the situation that he just drove off. I got license plates and my friend with a dealership license was able to pull up the car's make/model/title # and CarFax history.

Sheriff's office said that since dudebro didn't call at the moment to report an accident they can't use my footage, even though they were impressed with the amount of information we had on the matter.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Video is uploading and I'll post it here and in the dashcam thread.
razr390

Now I'm getting some logistics out of the way, and then going to hang out with the GF when she gets off work. I started watching Mindhunter on Netflix at a friend's recommendation and it is 5/7. Will begin to watch it with GF.