The Sno Show - Tales of Wedding Fuckery

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 am
Sno wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:48 am ... laugh at a groomsmen's horrible jokes ...
:sad:

I thought I was funny.
You're the groomsmelon doe.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Acid666 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:52 pm
Sno wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Re: mismatched chairs?
AHAHAH Looks like an estate sale.
If I had my way for my wedding, I would of dieseled a pentagram in the backyard to kill the grass, and the soundtrack inside the house party would be Slayer's Rain in Blood and I'd let out a bunch of foster cats that are coked up on catnip and tuna can juice.
:lolgasm: POTD
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:08 am
Melon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 am

:sad:

I thought I was funny.
You're the groomsmelon doe.
:dat:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Current situation.

Our space is on the 48th floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

In the Dallas area about to go to a wedding tomorrow, such drama is insuing already. No kids are allowed, and people are :angry: and are dividing into factions. Grudges will be held

On top of that, my cousins scheduled their weddings back to back one weekend after the other so that it made it difficult to take time off and go to both, so I'm only going to one wedding along with a lot of others that are traveling. At least the wedding is indoors rather than an emu farm
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
SixSpeeder

Sno wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Current situation.

Our space is on the 48th floor.

What happened?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

/in4deets
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Sprinkler issue in the basement. Emergency notification announcements continued for another 3 hours, every two minutes until they finally pulled the plug because wedding ceremony. We've already had one guest kicked out for assault. Shaping up well, kids.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SixSpeeder

Sno wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:45 pm Sprinkler issue in the basement. Emergency notification announcements continued for another 3 hours, every two minutes until they finally pulled the plug because wedding ceremony. We've already had one guest kicked out for assault. Shaping up well, kids.
Wait, wut? Elaborate :popcorn:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

SixSpeeder wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:01 pm Wait, wut? Elaborate :popcorn:
Yas. This. :popcorn:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I'm not sure if crypt stories feel particularly light this morning because my perspective on my asinine job is starting to change after seeing all of these compiled in one place or if because some weddings just have better vibes than others, even if there were firm alarms, assault charges and a lead guitarist of a wedding band that looks like the child of Gene Simmons and John Travolta.

In case you missed it earlier in the thread, we were on the 48th floor of the Salesforce building in Indianapolis. I don't expect any of you to be familiar with the Indianapolis skyline so for reference:

You are here:

No vendors were allowed access to space until two hours prior to the start time. In the wedding world, this throws wedding vendors into a fucking tailspin. Florists, caterers, bands, planners, all freaking out over the fact that we are supposed to set, prep and pretend like we didn't just finish lighting the last candle as the bride turns the corner to see it all for the first time. This also includes a wardrobe change for most of us as we set up in sweats and tennis shoes and then change into boring/professional/yet wedding appropriate/but completely fades into the background attires.

As we are all sitting in the lobby of the Salesforce building yesterday, basically pounding on the door for access to the space early, emergency notification alarms start blaring. The florist and band are in the basement of the building, unloading in the loading dock. Florist reports there are sprinklers going off in the basement. Couple things to question:
-they're going off because of a fire?
-all of the bands gear is where?...

Video from above is while we are sitting in the lobby trying to figure out what the fuck is going on and if this is going to cut us even closer on set up time. Turns out to be our favor because the security gaurd ends up sending us up, contrary to venue manager telling him we weren't allowed yet, because getting us out of his hair while we were all demanding to be able to do our jobs made his life a fraction easier in the heat of the moment while he dealt with the emergency responders.

Never got the full story on what was going on but band was fine and we simply got to listen to the alarms go off every two minutes for the remainder of set up. Finally told super cunt venue manager if she didn't have the noise notification pulled from at least our floor her day was going to get much much worse. (The couple paid $40,000 to rent this venue. Numbers that a venue manager would have to answer to if someone were demanding a refund because they were all miserable during their wedding ceremony.)

Other than that, the major events:
-Guest charged with assault: It was so early on in the night, I don't think salads have even been served. He was caught by a catering server with a flask of Jameson. (open top shelf bar provided by the couple. :butwhy: ) Catering and venues always have CRAZY strict rules on this because they are making insane amounts of money off of the bar. Any outside alcohol is basically treated as if you brought in Adolf Hilter himself. Server catches the flask and confiscates it from him. In the tussle, the guest grabbed the arm of the server. In her attention seeking glory, she claims assault. I didn't actually see any of this go down so I shouldn't be accusatory but from the details I gathered later in the night, sever was wildly overreacting, guest was not even drunk, could have easily been handled by simply removing the flask and telling the guest he could retrieve it at the end of the night. But instead, the venue manager gets top-level management involved and they remove the guest for the night. Way to piss off your clients, guys.

Band member that was the child of John Travolta and Gene Simmons proof:

Hair was real. Drunk bridesmaids insisted on petting him all night.

Trex also made an appearance. Probably the closest I've come to wetting my pants coming around the corner of the venue to this guy zipping up this suit in a back hallway.

I actually really loved this couple and their pictures should end up being gorgeous. I don't know how well panoramics are going to come through on here but...

Also, pie nachos were served as dessert. (Pie crust cut into tortilla chip shapes. Served with pie fillings, whipped cream, etc. to put on top. So much yes even if I didn't get a great photo.)

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Pie nachos sound 5/7
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

It might feel light because that set of circumstances could have gone much worse... the bands gear could have been caught in sprinkler, gear no worky no more, you have no band. The assault could have turned into an actual fight involving an important member of wedding party or family. "Where's the groom?" "Ah, well, he was banned from the venue for assaulting someone..."

Things seem to have gone much better than expected.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

stripethree wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:59 pm It might feel light because that set of circumstances could have gone much worse... the bands gear could have been caught in sprinkler, gear no worky no more, you have no band. The assault could have turned into an actual fight involving an important member of wedding party or family. "Where's the groom?" "Ah, well, he was banned from the venue for assaulting someone..."

Things seem to have gone much better than expected.
Ah-greed. Thankful for small minimal fires this week.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:59 am I'm not sure if crypt stories feel particularly light this morning because my perspective on my asinine job is starting to change after seeing all of these compiled in one place or if because some weddings just have better vibes than others, even if there were firm alarms, assault charges and a lead guitarist of a wedding band that looks like the child of Gene Simmons and John Travolta.

In case you missed it earlier in the thread, we were on the 48th floor of the Salesforce building in Indianapolis. I don't expect any of you to be familiar with the Indianapolis skyline so for reference:

You are here:

No vendors were allowed access to space until two hours prior to the start time. In the wedding world, this throws wedding vendors into a fucking tailspin. Florists, caterers, bands, planners, all freaking out over the fact that we are supposed to set, prep and pretend like we didn't just finish lighting the last candle as the bride turns the corner to see it all for the first time. This also includes a wardrobe change for most of us as we set up in sweats and tennis shoes and then change into boring/professional/yet wedding appropriate/but completely fades into the background attires.

As we are all sitting in the lobby of the Salesforce building yesterday, basically pounding on the door for access to the space early, emergency notification alarms start blaring. The florist and band are in the basement of the building, unloading in the loading dock. Florist reports there are sprinklers going off in the basement. Couple things to question:
-they're going off because of a fire?
-all of the bands gear is where?...

Video from above is while we are sitting in the lobby trying to figure out what the fuck is going on and if this is going to cut us even closer on set up time. Turns out to be our favor because the security gaurd ends up sending us up, contrary to venue manager telling him we weren't allowed yet, because getting us out of his hair while we were all demanding to be able to do our jobs made his life a fraction easier in the heat of the moment while he dealt with the emergency responders.

Never got the full story on what was going on but band was fine and we simply got to listen to the alarms go off every two minutes for the remainder of set up. Finally told super cunt venue manager if she didn't have the noise notification pulled from at least our floor her day was going to get much much worse. (The couple paid $40,000 to rent this venue. Numbers that a venue manager would have to answer to if someone were demanding a refund because they were all miserable during their wedding ceremony.)

Other than that, the major events:
-Guest charged with assault: It was so early on in the night, I don't think salads have even been served. He was caught by a catering server with a flask of Jameson. (open top shelf bar provided by the couple. :butwhy: ) Catering and venues always have CRAZY strict rules on this because they are making insane amounts of money off of the bar. Any outside alcohol is basically treated as if you brought in Adolf Hilter himself. Server catches the flask and confiscates it from him. In the tussle, the guest grabbed the arm of the server. In her attention seeking glory, she claims assault. I didn't actually see any of this go down so I shouldn't be accusatory but from the details I gathered later in the night, sever was wildly overreacting, guest was not even drunk, could have easily been handled by simply removing the flask and telling the guest he could retrieve it at the end of the night. But instead, the venue manager gets top-level management involved and they remove the guest for the night. Way to piss off your clients, guys.

Trex also made an appearance. Probably the closest I've come to wetting my pants coming around the corner of the venue to this guy zipping up this suit in a back hallway.

I actually really loved this couple and their pictures should end up being gorgeous. I don't know how well panoramics are going to come through on here but...

Also, pie nachos were served as dessert. (Pie crust cut into tortilla chip shapes. Served with pie fillings, whipped cream, etc. to put on top. So much yes even if I didn't get a great photo.)

:amazing: This thread delivers.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Sno wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:59 am

:math: :dafuq: :bow:

Oh my fucking god. Holy shit. For real. That is the most magnificent Battlefield Earth starter kit I think I've ever seen.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Acid666 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Oh my fucking god. Holy shit. For real. That is the most magnificent Battlefield Earth starter kit I think I've ever seen.
He was a lot. Great guitarist but I feel like he'd have to be?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Acid666 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:09 pm

:lolol: :lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

You are here:

The couple paid $40,000 to rent this venue.

g8 report.

But they p[aid 40 fucking grand for a venue with 8' drop ceilings!?!??!
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Sno, can you get the name of this band? I have to look these guys up and find more pictures of this creature, along with video of him in action.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 am Sno, can you get the name of this band? I have to look these guys up and find more pictures of this creature, along with video of him in action.
The Doo! - formally known at Zanna-doo. Ran by Blonde Entertainment out of Indianapolis.
http://www.thedooband.com/#pagetop

Videos on the website on performances.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:07 am

You are here:

The couple paid $40,000 to rent this venue.

g8 report.

But they p[aid 40 fucking grand for a venue with 8' drop ceilings!?!??!
Correct. #weddingshit
Acid666

Sno wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:18 am
Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 am Sno, can you get the name of this band? I have to look these guys up and find more pictures of this creature, along with video of him in action.
The Doo! - formally known at Zanna-doo. Ran by Blonde Entertainment out of Indianapolis.

Oh no. He's a bassist. God no. He's my kin, but I can't accept it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:36 am
Sno wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:18 am

Oh no. He's a bassist. God no. He's my kin, but I can't accept it.
It is your fate.