Free shit. Who cares.

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Hey guys need your opinion. Had a package delivered 2 days ago (with notification) and just now got an Amazon re-notification saying the package was lost. It's about 40 bucks total and is consumables (I bought 3x widgets but I consume one every month). I'm seeing this similarly to when I bought overalls from Wal-Mart and they ring up wrong. The cashier gave me a "yo. Jackpot" look. Do you screw Amazon or screw yourself?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

rockchops wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:44 pm Hey guys need your opinion. Had a package delivered 2 days ago (with notification) and just now got an Amazon re-notification saying the package was lost. It's about 40 bucks total and is consumables (I bought 3x widgets but I consume one every month). I'm seeing this similarly to when I bought overalls from Wal-Mart and they ring up wrong. The cashier gave me a "yo. Jackpot" look. Do you screw Amazon or screw yourself?
It is their logistical mistake. I dunno. If they reached out to you and asked you if you got the package, and you lied to them, that would be pretty shitty. But for you to go out of your way to do them a favor when it was their logistical/distribution error?

Meh.

It's a 50/50. you won't starve or become :waxer: with the $40, so it's insignificant. Bezos is worth like $90B
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Meh I would keep it. A couple of months ago I ordered a hat and the company fucked up and sent me a flex fit instead of snap back. Got them to send out the new one with a return label and they credited my card back as a return instead of an exchange. Their customer service sucked so screw it free hat lol
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

Legally the package is yours due to their error, but you could tell Amazon anyways. They might offer you something in return or just tell you to keep it.
:crang:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Bunch of L7 weenies in this thread
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

9 times out of 10 Amazon is going to tell you to keep it. Their customer service doesn't seem to want to be bothered with the hassle of dealing with an error like that.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 am 9 times out of 10 Amazon is going to tell you to keep it. Their customer service doesn't seem to want to be bothered with the hassle of dealing with an error like that.
For $40 it costs them more to process ANOTHER shipment to get the package back and then worry about reselling it and shipping t again.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:51 am
[user not found] wrote:
:dat:

I've had plenty of good and medium :dill: :dill: that resulted from Amazon's mediocre customer service.
Exactly. Plus karma.
All :dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Done. Let's now make this a free shit thread. I just tried buying a Powerball ticket because :iono: fantasy :alpo: but apparently they're 3 bucks. Threw in a 5, so got 2 scratchies and won 10 bucks. More scratchies?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

rockchops wrote:Done. Let's now make this a free shit thread. I just tried buying a Powerball ticket because :iono: fantasy :alpo: but apparently they're 3 bucks. Threw in a 5, so got 2 scratchies and won 10 bucks. More scratchies?
No. Take the money and leave, you're done. That was your :alpo: win.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:22 am I would notify them and assume they will tell you to keep it
but only once.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:33 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:22 am I would notify them and assume they will tell you to keep it
but only once.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 am
rockchops wrote:Done. Let's now make this a free shit thread. I just tried buying a Powerball ticket because :iono: fantasy :alpo: but apparently they're 3 bucks. Threw in a 5, so got 2 scratchies and won 10 bucks. More scratchies?
No. Take the money and leave, you're done. That was your :alpo: win.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Infamous won $100 on a pulltab last St Patrick's day. We were both :mindblown:

She plays them all the time, doe...she's probably still behind despite the $100 score.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.