Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:54 pm :hai:

Just talked to my closest 5 friends and we're going to make a crew and basically go into marketing and social media engagement tools on the side. We're going to basically use all of the talent and resources we have in present to try and figure out how to make money. This is a hobby for now but basically just taking advantage of marketing everything we already do on a normal day together (cars, etc)
Really motivated
fucking :millennial: :narc:

:disgust:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:10 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:02 pm Not even condoms? Yowza.
We really should, but I hate them. She used birth control back in the day, but then her insurance kept switching her prescription and it was causing her problems, so she just got off it. We've talked IUD, but she has friends who've had bad experiences like spotting for almost a year after it was put in, plus we know we will want kids within a few years, so it seems silly to put one in for such a short time.
:bruh: :wtf: :bruh: :wtf:

you know they make non hormonal versions right? she does know that even outside of insurance BC is fucking cheap right? you do know there are more BC options besides IUD and the pill?

you do know that this honeymoon phase will wear off in a year or two, and if you procreate now that will be during the terrible twos? how sure are you that yalls relationship can survive dis?
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:15 am

We really should, but I hate them. She used birth control back in the day, but then her insurance kept switching her prescription and it was causing her problems, so she just got off it. We've talked IUD, but she has friends who've had bad experiences like spotting for almost a year after it was put in, plus we know we will want kids within a few years, so it seems silly to put one in for such a short time.

you know they make non hormonal versions right? she does know that even outside of insurance BC is fucking cheap right? you do know there are more BC options besides IUD and the pill?

you do know that this honeymoon phase will wear off in a year or two, and if you procreate now that will be during the terrible twos? how sure are you that yalls relationship can survive dis?
:dat:
A puppy stressed the relationship with Lisa and I. But its a puppy not a child.
I'd use some form of protection, one way or another. I get the resistance to an IUD though, we tried that, it resulted in a shitload of problems for her.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote::fuckyeah: overload!
My favorite to date
Johnny_P

Took the :doge: for a walk.

Bacon and egg breakfast sandwich :waxer: :drool:

Also, mother nature cleaned my car last night :fuckyeah:

Lunch meeting later, lunch is provided.

So far its a :notbad: start to the day.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Also, :hai:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:15 am

Infamous had an IUD for years with zero issues. It was a non-hormonal one that worked great.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Apex wrote:
Being the head of something doesn't mean you get down in the weeds of every detail. The people working under you will have the expertise to tell you information that you need to know to make decisions. Let the experts be experts and managers manage.

The best CEOs have a three skills:
1) hiring the right people
2) motivating them
3) staying out of their way
I dunno. My CEO now, and the guy before him, were both extremely knowledgeable in industry trends, upcoming regulations, lucrative opportunities and implementing them, etc. They steered this company in a way that the prior company could never have done because they had their heads in their assholes.

So I think another trait that makes a good CEO is ability to have a vision and direction for the company. And then motivating people to achieve that vision while they work their magic with state and local governments, regulatory agencies, Washington, other business partnerships (and probably some steak dinners thrown in for good measure to promote synergy), etc to remove road blocks to make that vision a possibility.

Take Alan Mulally, he helped turn Ford around by understanding the situation the company was in, having a vision on how to bring it back around, and implementing it. He mortgaged all of the company's assets to borrow money to make that happen, sold off Jag and Land Rover, Aston, and Volvo so they could focus on rebuilding their core brand. And it worked. And by stabilizing the company he was able to weather the economic downturn without borrowing money from .gov. If that's not fucking impressive then IDK what is. CEOs are hired to give direction and make the hard decisions that have the potential to affect many lives and jobs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 am Took the :doge: for a walk.

:fuckyeah: breakfast sandwich sounds :tits:

I haven't eaten yet today.
ChrisoftheNorth

Bought some chopped peppers and onions at the store yesterday. Along with some mushrooms and guac. Made an omelet like sauce and I have talked about...turned out insane. I will not be hungry for HOURS.

:fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:41 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 am Took the :doge: for a walk.

I had a rough night. Went on a group bike ride that ended up being a pretty hard one. It ends at pizza and beer. Well, it was like 90 out with a heat index of over 100, and by the time I got to pizza and beer I wasn't feeling good. Heat exhaustion, I almost threw up, couldn't eat anything, couldn't drink anything other than water and sprite. Then had to ride like 10 miles home from there. By the time I got home, same thing, couldn't eat, just curled up in a ball on the couch. Then when I woke up it was thunder and lightning outside like WHOA, so I fucked around a little to wait for the storm to pass so I could take a shower and ate a bowl of cereal. Got to bed at 1. Got up at 6.

So, hard bike ride, couldn't eat after, went to bed late, woke up early.

That was a fucking great sammy doe. And orange juice.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:41 am

I had a rough night. Went on a group bike ride that ended up being a pretty hard one. It ends at pizza and beer. Well, it was like 90 out with a heat index of over 100, and by the time I got to pizza and beer I wasn't feeling good. Heat exhaustion, I almost threw up, couldn't eat anything, couldn't drink anything other than water and sprite. Then had to ride like 10 miles home from there. By the time I got home, same thing, couldn't eat, just curled up in a ball on the couch. Then when I woke up it was thunder and lightning outside like WHOA, so I fucked around a little to wait for the storm to pass so I could take a shower and ate a bowl of cereal. Got to bed at 1. Got up at 6.

That's why I don't ride in the heat anymore. I've had a few instances like that...including actual heat stroke, which was quite scary.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 am Bought some chopped peppers and onions at the store yesterday. Along with some mushrooms and guac. Made an omelet like sauce and I have talked about...turned out insane. I will not be hungry for HOURS.

Guac in the omelet? :waxer: :fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:50 am

That's why I don't ride in the heat anymore. I've had a few instances like that...including actual heat stroke, which was quite scary.
Yeah something like this has happened a few times to me. I think I just need to take myself on a shorter route or something when its this hot out, because I apparently can't cope with that sort of heat.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 am Bought some chopped peppers and onions at the store yesterday. Along with some mushrooms and guac. Made an omelet like sauce and I have talked about...turned out insane. I will not be hungry for HOURS.

It's definitely a :tits: breakfast.

Yesterday I had three eggs with tomato, pepper, onion, ham, and leftover taco beef.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 am

Guac in the omelet? :waxer: :fuckyeah:
Guac on it, and it was 5/7.

Forgot, I also chopped up some bacon and fried it up. So awesome.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I can do MTB in the woods in the heat... Road cycling though? :nope:

Jonny_W is a machine though.
ChrisoftheNorth

Yeah something like this has happened a few times to me. I think I just need to take myself on a shorter route or something when its this hot out, because I apparently can't cope with that sort of heat.
Shorter, or take is slower. I can't do the latter, personally. :balls: out all the time.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 am
Shorter, or take is slower. I can't do the latter, personally. :balls: out all the time.
I was just keeping up with everyone, so the pace was the pace. Lots of people weren't feeling great after that ride though.
So if I ride in heat like this again I'll just cut the ride short and derp over to pizza and beer and wait for everyone else to show up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 am
:mahtroy:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:58 am

MTB in the heat is worse IMO. It gets humid here when it gets hot. The woods are even more humid and swampy, and no airflow. When road biking you've always got significant airflow over your body to cool you off at least somewhat. I like MTB in the cooler weather because I generate more heat while on the MTB.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:11 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:58 am

MTB in the heat is worse IMO. It gets humid here when it gets hot. The woods are even more humid and swampy, and no airflow. When road biking you've always got significant airflow over your body to cool you off at least somewhat. I like MTB in the cooler weather because I generate more heat while on the MTB.
For me it's the sun exposure. Riding the MTB in the woods when it's 90* I obviously get sweaty and gross, but it doesn't feel so bad from being in the shade. Out in the country exposed to the sun, in the heat, that is miserable. I like road riding when it's in the 50s the best. Just shorts and an under armour shirt and off I go.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Calvinball wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:22 am Image

Sent from the Beer Depository
:bruh: are those TIE fighters coming out of the moon in front of the sun????