OT X - Here for the Crang Bang

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:08 am

I want to just park it above the cabinets. So hard wired I guess. Or I can park it underneath the cabinets.
We've got bluetooth speakers all over the house, and it sucks. The phones often struggle to connect to each one when I want, usually creating a :rage: experience.

I'd look into going with a regular stereo of some sort with either Google Music cast or just go Sonos.
Do you leave all of them on all the time?

I have one and if I go upstairs I just take it with me. No issues with that whatsoever.

With the new Moto z and MotoMods, you can get a JBL speaker for it. It gets solidly loud. I may get that and then have no need for a separate speaker.
*reserved for no content*
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 am The other cool thing about WiFi is being able to simulcast in multiple rooms. Instead of connecting to one speaker at a time, you just turn the speaker on and tell the phone where you want the music to go. Can select multiple rooms or just one. In my case, it would be awesome to case to both the kitchen and outside speakers at the same time, as we go in and out of the kitchen constantly. Sucks to have to pair the phone to wherever we are.
the google thing does this?
brain go brrrrrr
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:34 am I was groggy at work and now I had an apple danish and some kambucha and I'm ready to win.
Nothing says #millenial like kombucha.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 am The other cool thing about WiFi is being able to simulcast in multiple rooms. Instead of connecting to one speaker at a time, you just turn the speaker on and tell the phone where you want the music to go. Can select multiple rooms or just one. In my case, it would be awesome to case to both the kitchen and outside speakers at the same time, as we go in and out of the kitchen constantly. Sucks to have to pair the phone to wherever we are.
Yes, you can bundle them into "zones" or something.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Yes, you can group speakers/rooms with Chromecast/Google home devices.
ChrisoftheNorth

NEEK wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 am
We've got bluetooth speakers all over the house, and it sucks. The phones often struggle to connect to each one when I want, usually creating a :rage: experience.

I'd look into going with a regular stereo of some sort with either Google Music cast or just go Sonos.
Do you leave all of them on all the time?

I have one and if I go upstairs I just take it with me. No issues with that whatsoever.

With the new Moto z and MotoMods, you can get a JBL speaker for it. It gets solidly loud. I may get that and then have no need for a separate speaker.
No, but sometimes we use multiples at the same time.

Did you buy an MotoMods things? I'm really curious about that concept.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Yes, you can bundle them into "zones" or something.
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:55 pm

Yes, you can group speakers/rooms with Chromecast/Google home devices.
:bravo: :fuckyeah:

looks like its time to send alexa on her way.
brain go brrrrrr
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Detroit wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:21 am I'm a big fan of sonos.

Sent from the Beer Depository
I've heard it's awesome, just so damned pricey. And then you need to use the Sonos app to play music, yea?

I guess if starting from scratch, it could work really well.
Yeah you use the app, through which you can play a bunch of different things. I usually just use pandora.

The neat thing is it runs through your wireless network, so the phone app is really just a remote control and the streaming is not dependent on the phone being nearby.

Sound is pretty decent too.

:therapist:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Calvinball wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:07 pm
Detroit wrote: I've heard it's awesome, just so damned pricey. And then you need to use the Sonos app to play music, yea?

I guess if starting from scratch, it could work really well.
Yeah you use the app, through which you can play a bunch of different things. I usually just use pandora.

The neat thing is it runs through your wireless network, so the phone app is really just a remote control and the streaming is not dependent on the phone being nearby.

Which speakers do you have?

I find the Play:3's to be a little bleh until you stereo pair them, but the 5's are good alone or paired and have really good bass for a smaller speaker.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Yay lunch.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

two shots I grabbed from the roof of the apt I was at this weekend. Johnny P y u go on vacation

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I am still unsure of what case to get. I might just keep it caseless. The :waxer: and :[user not found]: way
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:19 pm Yea, I guess I have a slightly different need.

In the kitchen, garage, outside, etc...sound quality doesn't really matter that much. Noise in the kitchen, noise outside, noise in the garage...I wouldn't be able to tell the quality difference, TBH. Music is just so I have something in the background really.

If I want to really listed to music, I head to my den where I setup/restored my dad's old Sansui 9090db and Infinity Q4's. Same level of clarity you describe with Sonos...and probably should be because it was all $950 in 1978 (he saved the receipt). I want to put a Chromecast on that system to replace the shitty bluetooth receiver I have on it now.
Yeah that. I mostly want this so GF can stream her music or podcasts while she's cooking so I don't have to listen to a god awful built-in iphone speaker.
Bonus points if I can link it to a home stereo type thing for the TV. Eventually I'll get TV speakers, the built in ones on my TV aren't great and I think they're starting to die.
I'll bring the Google music :dong: le up to GF and see what she thinks.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:19 pm Yea, I guess I have a slightly different need.

In the kitchen, garage, outside, etc...sound quality doesn't really matter that much. Noise in the kitchen, noise outside, noise in the garage...I wouldn't be able to tell the quality difference, TBH. Music is just so I have something in the background really.

If I want to really listed to music, I head to my den where I setup/restored my dad's old Sansui 9090db and Infinity Q4's. Same level of clarity you describe with Sonos...and probably should be because it was all $950 in 1978 (he saved the receipt). I want to put a Chromecast on that system to replace the shitty bluetooth receiver I have on it now.
Yeah that. I mostly want this so GF can stream her music or podcasts while she's cooking so I don't have to listen to a god awful built-in iphone speaker.
Bonus points if I can link it to a home stereo type thing for the TV. Eventually I'll get TV speakers, the built in ones on my TV aren't great and I think they're starting to die.
BTW, you can try out google music for 30 days for free. You can also get a "family" account for both you and the GF for $15/mo.
Calvinball

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:07 pm Yeah you use the app, through which you can play a bunch of different things. I usually just use pandora.

I find the Play:3's to be a little bleh until you stereo pair them, but the 5's are good alone or paired and have really good bass for a smaller speaker.
I have a five and 3 threes. Right now the five is in the family room, one three in the master bedroom, one in the kitchen, and one floater that goes with me either outside or in whatever room I'm doing work in if I'm being a construction worker.

I should put that floater in the kitchen to do stereo.

NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:15 pm Yeah that. I mostly want this so GF can stream her music or podcasts while she's cooking so I don't have to listen to a god awful built-in iphone speaker.
BTW, you can try out google music for 30 days for free. You can also get a "family" account for both you and the GF for $15/mo.
I use the family. It's awesome.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Calvinball

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:07 pm Yeah you use the app, through which you can play a bunch of different things. I usually just use pandora.

I have a five and 3 threes. Right now the five is in the family room, one three in the master bedroom, one in the kitchen, and one floater that goes with me either outside or in whatever room I'm doing work in if I'm being a construction worker.

I should put that floater in the kitchen to do stereo.

ChrisoftheNorth

NEEK wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:20 pm
Detroit wrote: BTW, you can try out google music for 30 days for free. You can also get a "family" account for both you and the GF for $15/mo.
I use the family. It's awesome.

:dat:

Not having to share an account is excellent.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
NEEK wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:49 pm Do you leave all of them on all the time?

No, but sometimes we use multiples at the same time.

I got the phone and am getting the projector for free. Just gotta wait for Motorola to ship it out to me. Up to 6 weeks. But free!

ChrisoftheNorth

NEEK wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:21 pm
Detroit wrote: No, but sometimes we use multiples at the same time.

I got the phone and am getting the projector for free. Just gotta wait for Motorola to ship it out to me. Up to 6 weeks. But free!

Woa, cool! In4updates
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I need to get a soundbar or speakers or something for my TV. I've been using the built-in speakers for years now, but they are certainly starting to die.

Any recommendations on a decent :scrooge: soundbar setup, maybe a 2.1 system?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:33 pm I need to get a soundbar or speakers or something for my TV. I've been using the built-in speakers for years now, but they are certainly starting to die.

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YAS-107BL ... b_title_ce

i have the previous generation and its the shit for sound quality.

warehouse deal for 170 on prime right meow
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:14 pm two shots I grabbed from the roof of the apt I was at this weekend. Johnny P y u go on vacation

Dat No Libs view doe :impressive:

I'm back naow. We should be :gay: and meet up at Bok some time. Could have a meat up there. Roof top beers and views, but dat city parking lol.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Got rear ended... feel free to make fun of me in the members ride section :(
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:00 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:33 pm I need to get a soundbar or speakers or something for my TV. I've been using the built-in speakers for years now, but they are certainly starting to die.

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YAS-107BL ... b_title_ce

i have the previous generation and its the shit for sound quality.

warehouse deal for 170 on prime right meow
How are there "subwoofers" in that?

I have a Yamaha HT receiver in the basement, and it's 5/7. Would absolutely buy more from them.