SAWCE wrote:Yeah that grey color looks solid :neek:
We should honestly be best friends.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

*reserved for no content*
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

Detroit wrote:We painted our master bedroom a similar color...just a bit darker.

Infamous loves bold colors. We painted the office a deep forest green yesterday. Turned out 5/7.
In4pics

NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:Love that blue/grey
It does have a slight blue. Perfect amount, IMO

NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Forum death.

NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Still drinking and still playing Gears of War.

nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

good morning
:crang:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

:hai: back at work :rage:

Vacation was good.
Johnny_P

Any good recommendations on bluetooth speakers for the kitchen?

After staying in some decidedly mediocre airbnb's and such, coming back to my povmahal is :sad: and I want to make it a bit nicer.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:44 am
[user not found] wrote:
Changing lending requirements would just bring the next bubble burst even closer. :nuke:

Debt is debt. How you handle it is the differentiator.
:dat:
The question is when is this student loan bubble going to burst. It has gotten awfully big.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:05 am
Johnny_P wrote:Any good recommendations on bluetooth speakers for the kitchen?

After staying in some decidedly mediocre airbnb's and such, coming back to my povmahal is :sad: and I want to make it a bit nicer.
Hardwired or something portable?
I want to just park it above the cabinets. So hard wired I guess. Or I can park it underneath the cabinets.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:19 pm My one and only iPhone case for the current phone I have (since September 2016) has shit the bed.

Should I run it caseless?

:impressive:
Otterbox has protected my ipotato 5S for 3-4 years now.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:08 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:05 am Hardwired or something portable?
I want to just park it above the cabinets. So hard wired I guess. Or I can park it underneath the cabinets.
We've got bluetooth speakers all over the house, and it sucks. The phones often struggle to connect to each one when I want, usually creating a :rage: experience.

I'd look into going with a regular stereo of some sort with either Google Music cast or just go Sonos.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:08 am

We've got bluetooth speakers all over the house, and it sucks. The phones often struggle to connect to each one when I want, usually creating a :rage: experience.

I'd look into going with a regular stereo of some sort with either Google Music cast or just go Sonos.
My dad has Sonos in his house and it's a 5/7 setup. But damn, those speakers are :waxer:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 am

My dad has Sonos in his house and it's a 5/7 setup. But damn, those speakers are :waxer:
Yea, that's why I went :scrooge: with all the different bluetooth ones.

A :scrooge: Sonos setup seems to be Chromecast Audio. Can plug it into pretty much any speaker, then you don't have to deal with bluetooth pairing :bs:

https://www.google.com/chromecast/audio/
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:07 am

A :scrooge: Sonos setup seems to be Chromecast Audio. Can plug it into pretty much any speaker, then you don't have to deal with bluetooth pairing :bs:

That looks to be a :notbad: :scrooge: solution.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:11 am

Indeed. Especially now that I'm on Google Wifi, would be 5/7 if I wanted to :waxer: on these $35 things. I'd need 6 to cover all the rooms in the house that have speakers...that's a hefty buy-in, but I should probably start by buying a few at a time.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:16 am
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:11 am

Indeed. Especially now that I'm on Google Wifi, would be 5/7 if I wanted to :waxer: on these $35 things. I'd need 6 to cover all the rooms in the house that have speakers...that's a hefty buy-in, but I should probably start by buying a few at a time.
interesting..... will it sync multiple devices?
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Huh. So I need to use apps that connect to this, or can I set the iphone to broadcast over this like you can with bluetooth speakers/headphones?
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:34 am
C00bs wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 am

The question is when is this student loan bubble going to burst. It has gotten awfully big.
I think the student loan bubble deserves to burst more than the housing or auto lending bubble - it's just fucking out of control.
Housing and auto at least have something behind the loans as collateral. Student loans are just insane (coming from the guy with wayyyyy too much of them).
Johnny_P

C00bs wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 am

I think the student loan bubble deserves to burst more than the housing or auto lending bubble - it's just fucking out of control.
Because everyone deserves to go to college and anyone can be anything? People need to stop telling their kids that. If you have a legit dumbass, they can't be a rocket scientist so stop telling them they can. Fact is, in this country, we need skilled tradesmen and don't have enough of them because everyone is told to go to college.

A bunch of my friends have college degrees and work in coffee shops, bike shops as mechanics, insert random hourly job here.... why spend $150k for an education to do that? Colleges will keep increasing their prices as long as people keep wanting to go to them. Why shouldn't they? As such, companies will continue to pay more and more for skilled workers because there aren't enough of them. Easiest way to make over $100k is to learn how to weld or become a plumber/electrician.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:41 am

Housing and auto at least have something behind the loans as collateral. Student loans are just insane (coming from the guy with wayyyyy too much of them).
Eventually people will do a cost-benefit analysis on going to school and it'll come up short. When people stop going to college the colleges will lower their price. But as it is right now, every college gets a shitload of applicants, more than they have openings for, so why not just jack the prices up?

Now, I went to Drexel. And they had a policy that they'd basically accept anyone that could fill out their application. And after 1-3 semesters they'd drop out, and the university would NFG because they got some :troywax: from the student/parents for a semester or two. We had a fuckton of freshmen dorms, but not nearly as many for sophomores or upper classmen. THAT kind of shit needs to stop. Stop accepting kids you know will just flunk out and then fuck them over for years with tons of debt.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:45 am

Eventually people will do a cost-benefit analysis on going to school and it'll come up short. When people stop going to college the colleges will lower their price. But as it is right now, every college gets a shitload of applicants, more than they have openings for, so why not just jack the prices up?

Now, I went to Drexel. And they had a policy that they'd basically accept anyone that could fill out their application. And after 1-3 semesters they'd drop out, and the university would NFG because they got some :troywax: from the student/parents for a semester or two. We had a fuckton of freshmen dorms, but not nearly as many for sophomores or upper classmen. THAT kind of shit needs to stop. Stop accepting kids you know will just flunk out and then fuck them over for years with tons of debt.
Damn, there needs to be some sort of policy in place for admissions that can mitigate stuff like that.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:41 am

Because everyone deserves to go to college and anyone can be anything? People need to stop telling their kids that. If you have a legit dumbass, they can't be a rocket scientist so stop telling them they can. Fact is, in this country, we need skilled tradesmen and don't have enough of them because everyone is told to go to college.

A bunch of my friends have college degrees and work in coffee shops, bike shops as mechanics, insert random hourly job here.... why spend $150k for an education to do that? Colleges will keep increasing their prices as long as people keep wanting to go to them. Why shouldn't they? As such, companies will continue to pay more and more for skilled workers because there aren't enough of them. Easiest way to make over $100k is to learn how to weld or become a plumber/electrician.
ITT: JohnnyP has a better grasp of macro econ than the federal government.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:45 am

Exactly.

The whole "you need a degree to get a job" thing is nuts. It's oversaturated the market, devalued the worth of degrees, and made people ignore blue collar work.

I'd totally do it over and go to trade school instead. I enjoy working with my hands.
I'm right there in the same boat with you. I'd be a welder or electrician 5/7 times if I knew then what I know now. Not everyone needs to go to college, and if the trades were viewed as they should be life would be a lot different and probably better for a bunch of people.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:47 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:45 am

Damn, there needs to be some sort of policy in place for admissions that can mitigate stuff like that.
It was really disgusting. I remember walking back from class one day as a freshman and I saw someone I knew from high school. Kid was a fucking moron but a nice guy. Asked him what he was going to Drexel for, thought it would be something like business or liberal arts. Nope, mechanical engineering, same as me. I knew he couldn't handle it, he was in the lowest math classes and science classes in high school and was a C student at that. He dropped out in 2 semesters.

Felt bad for him, but really let's be honest. WTF was he doing? It was probably our school counselors and his parents telling him he can be whatever he wants to be. Reach for the stars. Oh hey look I got accepted FUCK YEAH LETS DO THE THING!

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile I knew this shit was going to be insanity, after going to Carnegie Mellon and getting told that my SAT scores were on the low side of who they'd accept, despite all my AP courses I took in high school. Didn't get into that school.