Do you even Crock-Pot bro? DFD Cooking Thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

nuggstein wrote:I made Spicy-Sweet roasted sweet potatoes last night. This was my first time ever peeling and dicing potatoes. I am trying to get better at cooking.
https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/spicy- ... -potatoes/

It used a lot of ingredients: olive oil, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, black pepper.

They were pretty delicious. I think I needed to cook them a bit longer. They were in the oven for 15 minutes @ 425 degrees, and then I stirred them and they went in for another 20 minutes. They weren't crispy enough. Any suggestions?

Also, the recipe called for three potatoes, but I used two since they were massive, but I think they were a bit too spicy. So less cayenne pepper and chili powder next time.

Girlfriend broiled filet mignon in the oven since we don't have a grill.

Why peel them?

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:18 pm
nuggstein wrote:I made Spicy-Sweet roasted sweet potatoes last night. This was my first time ever peeling and dicing potatoes. I am trying to get better at cooking.
https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/spicy- ... -potatoes/

It used a lot of ingredients: olive oil, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, black pepper.

They were pretty delicious. I think I needed to cook them a bit longer. They were in the oven for 15 minutes @ 425 degrees, and then I stirred them and they went in for another 20 minutes. They weren't crispy enough. Any suggestions?

Also, the recipe called for three potatoes, but I used two since they were massive, but I think they were a bit too spicy. So less cayenne pepper and chili powder next time.

Girlfriend broiled filet mignon in the oven since we don't have a grill.

Why peel them?

:dat:
I love unpeeled potatoes.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball

wap wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:18 pm Why peel them?

Lotta good stuff left on the table by taking the skin off.

Calvinball

Also, pro Pinterest tip:

If the food is not visually appealing, compensate with some haute plateware.

wap

Calvinball wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 pm
wap wrote:
Lotta good stuff left on the table by taking the skin off.

stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Pinshit level dinner last night. Just felt like throwing down in the kitchen for the lady and I.

Scallops were excellent but I have not quite mastered getting them cooked perfectly, esp since I was making a pound of 'em at once. First time cooking orza and OMG delish. Also first go at a pastry puff thing of any kind and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I am kinda new about making food at home, kinda got on the gainz lifestyle. I bought one of those premade salads and fried salmon on a pan and put it in. Pretty solid salad as it turned out.

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

stripethree wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:08 pm Pinshit level dinner last night. Just felt like throwing down in the kitchen for the lady and I.

Scallops were excellent but I have not quite mastered getting them cooked perfectly, esp since I was making a pound of 'em at once. First time cooking orza and OMG delish. Also first go at a pastry puff thing of any kind and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Scallops at home can be tough. Most scallops are sold "wet", meaning they have been soaked and have a bunch of added liquid. Hard to sear up like the ones you get at a restaurant. Those are "dry", just normal out of the sea scallops.

I don't even think they have to tell you which is which so you gotta be a god damn cordon bleu grad to be able to tell the difference.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Shit we made while I was protesting:

Stir fry - 5/7 on easy and tasty

Chicken goodness that Zilch pimped out of soup I brought home as togo from a local joint.

Some practice in basics on my part with good ol’ chocchips.

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
wap

:hai:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:28 pm Shit we made while I was protesting:

Stir fry - 5/7 on easy and tasty

Chicken goodness that Zilch pimped out of soup I brought home as togo from a local joint.

Some practice in basics on my part with good ol’ chocchips.

I always miss all of the good stuff. Might you provide me a synopsis of the reasons for your protest?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Calvinball

I’ve tried my hand at making ramen. First attempt resulted in the wife suggesting we make it a regular dish. I thought it was just ok. Second attempt was much better but I overdid the salt a bit.

Doesn’t really pinshit well but I’ll post a pic if people want.

Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Calvinball wrote:I’ve tried my hand at making ramen. First attempt resulted in the wife suggesting we make it a regular dish. I thought it was just ok. Second attempt was much better but I overdid the salt a bit.

Post it!

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Zilch made duck tonight.

Calvinball

Sno wrote:
Calvinball wrote:I’ve tried my hand at making ramen. First attempt resulted in the wife suggesting we make it a regular dish. I thought it was just ok. Second attempt was much better but I overdid the salt a bit.

Post it!

Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Calvinball wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:25 pm
Sno wrote:
Post it!

Walk me through some of dis - noodles and broth specifically.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:drool: Those fucking cookies...
Calvinball

Sno wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:25 pm Image

Our grocery store has a fairly extensive Asian section so noodles are actual Japanese ramen noodles.

Broth: start off sautéing the veggies (Dutch oven). Carrots first, then bok choy. I definitely recommend onion as well, Brit says she hates onions so I just use onion powder on the DL cause she is :disgust: if she sees onions but unknowingly loves the flavor. With carrots caramelized and the leafies wilted, I add garlic to the sauté. Once that’s good, in goes low sodium chicken broth. Also into that goes miso, gochujang, fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and water. Simmer, the longer the better. At some point I add diced chicken that I marinated in soy sauce.

The noodles I cook separately, and I also soft boil eggs and marinate them in water, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.

The second time I added extra salt, the broth was low sodium. I definitely need to taste it next time before adding any. It wasn’t insane, but was just a tad too salty.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Pork roll, egg, and cheese tonight.

Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Calvinball wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:50 pm
Sno wrote:
Our grocery store has a fairly extensive Asian section so noodles are actual Japanese ramen noodles.

Broth: start off sautéing the veggies (Dutch oven). Carrots first, then bok choy. I definitely recommend onion as well, Brit says she hates onions so I just use onion powder on the DL cause she is :disgust: if she sees onions but unknowingly loves the flavor. With carrots caramelized and the leafies wilted, I add garlic to the sauté. Once that’s good, in goes low sodium chicken broth. Also into that goes miso, gochujang, fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and water. Simmer, the longer the better. At some point I add diced chicken that I marinated in soy sauce.

The noodles I cook separately, and I also soft boil eggs and marinate them in water, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.

The second time I added extra salt, the broth was low sodium. I definitely need to taste it next time before adding any. It wasn’t insane, but was just a tad too salty.

Ziiiilch, let’s get down with some of this.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Instapots reporting “minor property damage.”

https://www.today.com/food/instant-pot- ... d_td_fb_ma
Calvinball

Sno wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:50 pm Our grocery store has a fairly extensive Asian section so noodles are actual Japanese ramen noodles.

Ziiiilch, let’s get down with some of this.
Do it and make it look prettier please :lolol:

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:39 pm Instapots reporting “minor property damage.”

This instapot thing is a fad. These things will litter the shelves of Goodwill stores in short order.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 pm
Sno wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:39 pm Instapots reporting “minor property damage.”

This instapot thing is a fad. These things will litter the shelves of Goodwill stores in short order.
We will all be eating meals in pill form soon. Pots and pans will be obsolete
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Fennel seed and black pepper crusted chicken thigh. North African spiced roast cauliflower. Mediterranean Yogurt Sauce. Chopped pistachios.

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...