Do you even Crock-Pot bro? DFD Cooking Thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:05 pm Looks great. I love spinach. I love brussel sprouts. My wife says I am weird, but I like just about any veggie, and she hates just about all of them.

I have gotten her to come around on asparagus when I grill it with steaks though.
Asparagus is a deal killer if if there is any expectation of certain bedroom benefits doe.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:45 pm Super pleased with lunch today (and for much of this week) - a variation of an Asian chicken salad.

Prep was done last night. Baked the chicken with a little olive oil, salt, & pepper and dealt with veggies while waiting. Chopped the chicken and finished it in a glaze of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and red pepper. Nuked chicken it for 1 minute before final assembly.
This looks amazing
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:17 pm Salad niçoise - photo and plating by me - liberties taken with non-traditional ingredients

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10/10
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Slow cooker started: bone-in pork chops, 1 can of creme of mushroom, 1 can of creme of chicken, and 1 packet of onion soup mix.

Now the waiting game begins
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 pm This looks amazing
Thanks! I did this again this week, same exact thing. Still fantastic, still have some coworkers super :jelly:. I'll probably do one more week before I get tired of it and find the next thing.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

ImageImage

Chocolate mini cupcakes with cream cheese and chocolate chips. One of my all time favs. Made a bunch for a combo of self craving and bringing some to a party for coupled friends that share a birthday, just moved into their new house and got engaged.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Sno wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:29 pm
4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:17 pm Salad niçoise - photo and plating by me - liberties taken with non-traditional ingredients

Look at you with your cropping, straight lines, and off centered subject matter! :proud:
#
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:baconator:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Sunday morning breeeeaaakfast. Zilch made homemade chorizo and quac. Put it on a breakfast sammie with some arugula.

Brb, already need a nap today.

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

2 for 1 day! Zilch started talking homemade meatballs and marinara this morning for dinner. I requested a side of angel hair and we topped it with some basil from the back patio. This is maaaaybe the second time we've made pasta in this house since we started dating. Ermmmagerd.

Last edited by Sno on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

stripethree wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:48 pm ImageImage

Chocolate mini cupcakes with cream cheese and chocolate chips. One of my all time favs. Made a bunch for a combo of self craving and bringing some to a party for coupled friends that share a birthday, just moved into their new house and got engaged.
I need dis. Formal request to tiny trailer these for tail.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Sno wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 pm 2 for 1 day! Zilch started talking homemade meatballs and marinara this morning for dinner. I requested a side of angel hair and we topped it from some basil from the back patio. This is maaaaybe the second time we've made pasta in this house since we started dating. Ermmmagerd.

I'm moving in. :drool:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Sno wrote: I need dis. Formal request to tiny trailer these for tail.
Copy that.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

My roommate is making some coho salmon with roasted potatoes and asparagus. All I had to do was bring wine.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I did spaghetti and meatballs tonight too.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Sno wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 pm 2 for 1 day! Zilch started talking homemade meatballs and marinara this morning for dinner. I requested a side of angel hair and we topped it with some basil from the back patio. This is maaaaybe the second time we've made pasta in this house since we started dating. Ermmmagerd.

Holy shit. :drool:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

haleyann wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 pm My roommate is making some coho salmon with roasted potatoes and asparagus. All I had to do was bring wine.
:notbad:
wap

Calvinball wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:52 pm I did spaghetti and meatballs tonight too.

Sent from the Beer Depository
Also :drool:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Homemade general Tsaos (everything, sauce, fried chicken, etc). Half eaten, no Instagram modeling here.Image
wap

rockchops wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:48 pm Homemade general Tsaos (everything, sauce, fried chicken, etc). Half eaten, no Instagram modeling here.Image
:impressive: and :drool:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Dinner tonight was surprisingly fantastic.

Never cooked scallops before. Pan seared in butter and garlic. After removing scallops whisked the butter & garlic with a little lemon juice, salt and pepper and poured that over the scallops. Managed to cook them quite nicely, very similar doneness to the place downstairs. Super pleased with how they came out given first-time using the ingredient.

Tri tip. A favorite of mine I haven't done in a whole. Kept it simple. Rubbed with Himalayan salt and fresh ground peppercorn. Seared all sides on a cast iron skillet and then finished in the oven at 400. Served with a dollop of butter. Almost perfection. Waited a touch too long to flip, but still came out 5/7 according to opinions of the household.

We enjoyed the scallops on the patio while the steak was resting. :aintcare: about pinshit plating since it was 8:30pm and I was ravenous. MEAT.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Made the best steak I have ever had tonight. It was like $8. Was not made with cast iron or any other :bs: and it was red but not bleeding. :aintcare:
wap

stripethree wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:07 pm Dinner tonight was surprisingly fantastic.

Never cooked scallops before. Pan seared in butter and garlic. After removing scallops whisked the butter & garlic with a little lemon juice, salt and pepper and poured that over the scallops. Managed to cook them quite nicely, very similar doneness to the place downstairs. Super pleased with how they came out given first-time using the ingredient.

Tri tip. A favorite of mine I haven't done in a whole. Kept it simple. Rubbed with Himalayan salt and fresh ground peppercorn. Seared all sides on a cast iron skillet and then finished in the oven at 400. Served with a dollop of butter. Almost perfection. Waited a touch too long to flip, but still came out 5/7 according to opinions of the household.

We enjoyed the scallops on the patio while the steak was resting. :aintcare: about pinshit plating since it was 8:30pm and I was ravenous. MEAT.
:drool:
:impressive:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:20 pm Made the best steak I have ever had tonight. It was like $8. Was not made with cast iron or any other :bs: and it was red but not bleeding. :aintcare:
So how did you cook it?
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:20 pm Made the best steak I have ever had tonight. It was like $8. Was not made with cast iron or any other :bs: and it was red but not bleeding. :aintcare:
So how did you cook it?
On a plain pan on our shitty electric stove because that's what we have... heat for a few minutes on each side, then eat. Cooking isn't rocket surgery. As usual, I'm probably wrong :doe: and this stuff tasted like garbage.