Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:59 pm
wap wrote:
So how did you cook it?
On a plain pan on our shitty electric stove because that's what we have... heat for a few minutes on each side, then eat. Cooking isn't rocket surgery. As usual, I'm probably wrong :doe: and this stuff tasted like garbage.
I wasn't trying to be a dick, I was legit curious to know what you did to make them so 5/7. So you pan fried them on the stove top or did you broil them in the oven? Did you rub them with anything, use any butter?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:59 pm On a plain pan on our shitty electric stove because that's what we have... heat for a few minutes on each side, then eat. Cooking isn't rocket surgery. As usual, I'm probably wrong :doe: and this stuff tasted like garbage.
I wasn't trying to be a dick, I was legit curious to know what you did to make them so 5/7. So you pan fried them on the stove top or did you broil them in the oven? Did you rub them with anything, use any butter?
Pan fried as hot as the electric stove can get for maybe 4-5 mins a side for thick steaks. Olive oil and trader joe's "everyday seasoning" applied. Nothing special, the combo of good :meat: and getting lucky on cooking time just worked out tonight. I like simple stuff.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:18 pm
wap wrote:
Pan fried as hot as the electric stove can get for maybe 4-5 mins a side for thick steaks. Olive oil and trader joe's "everyday seasoning" applied. Nothing special, the combo of good :meat: and getting lucky on cooking time just worked out tonight. I like simple stuff.
:notbad:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:18 pm
wap wrote:
Nothing wrong with simple tasty :meat:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Zilch and I have both been working like mad so it's been a minute since some cooking worthy of sharing has happened in our kitchen. But he made some serious goodness this evening.

Tri trip on the egg with "California beef rub" from the New York Times. See Zilch, something about coffee. The spice crusted edge was phenomenal.

Po-tay-toes were oven baked with roasted garlic chips. We like them with malt vinegar. Both of us went back for more.

Sprouts done my favorite way - super simple steam with butter, salt, and pepper.

Tapping the rest of the nice bottle of Cab as after dinner enjoyment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Sno wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm Sprouts done my favorite way - super simple steam with butter, salt, and pepper.
Austin fucking loves brussel sprouts but yeah, of course, they are delicious if they have the shit fried out of them which is what a lot of places do. I've had a few simpler versions that I dug but have yer to try and cook them myself.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

stripethree wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:01 pm
Sno wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm Sprouts done my favorite way - super simple steam with butter, salt, and pepper.
Austin fucking loves brussel sprouts but yeah, of course, they are delicious if they have the shit fried out of them which is what a lot of places do. I've had a few simpler versions that I dug but have yer to try and cook them myself.
I am still very "no way" at any restaurant other than Casa de Zilch. I will take mashed potatoes or even asparagus over sprouts any day. But I'm usually at least 75% enthusiastic about Zilch's. And he's done them about 100 different ways. Super simple tonight is surprisingly the least Brussely. He gets funky with them when I have evening meetings and I come home to a wall of yankee candle cooked cabbage.

Bacon helps.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Sno wrote: Bacon helps.
Advice for life.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

stripethree wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:18 pm
Sno wrote: Bacon helps.
Advice for life.
:dat:
wap

Sno wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm Zilch and I have both been working like mad so it's been a minute since some cooking worthy of sharing has happened in our kitchen. But he made some serious goodness this evening.

Tri trip on the egg with "California beef rub" from the New York Times. See Zilch, something about coffee. The spice crusted edge was phenomenal.

Po-tay-toes were oven baked with roasted garlic chips. We like them with malt vinegar. Both of us went back for more.

Sprouts done my favorite way - super simple steam with butter, salt, and pepper.

Tapping the rest of the nice bottle of Cab as after dinner enjoyment.

:drool:
wap

Sno wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:35 pm
stripethree wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:18 pm
Advice for life.
Had it twice today. This morning with pancakes and tonight on a burger.
:fuckyeah:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Philly pork sammich. Slow cooked pork, sauteed broccoli rabe, roasted long hots and local deli extra sharp provalone. Of course on amaroso roll...Image
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

rockchops wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:53 pm Philly pork sammich. Slow cooked pork, sauteed broccoli rabe, roasted long hots and local deli extra sharp provalone. Of course on amaroso roll...Image
:drool:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:34 pm
Sno wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Had some for breakfast myself. Good thick cut stuff too. So good.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:10 pm
wap wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Had some for breakfast myself. Good thick cut stuff too. So good.
Yea thick cut rocks.
wap

rockchops wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:53 pm Philly pork sammich. Slow cooked pork, sauteed broccoli rabe, roasted long hots and local deli extra sharp provalone. Of course on amaroso roll...Image
That looks amazing.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

That is almost exactly like my favorite sandwich from the Eagle in Indy. It's part of the Cunningham restaurant groups which has multiple chains around the country but that sandwhich is so damn good. Yours looks 5/7 too.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

wap wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:10 pm Had some for breakfast myself. Good thick cut stuff too. So good.
Yea thick cut rocks.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Cute shit all pinterested up because it got posted to social media accounts.

Zilch is on the road which means I'm baking; squirrel snacks. Peanut butter Oreo balls and Hershey kiss acorns.

ImageImage

Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Sno wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 am Cute shit all pinterested up because it got posted to social media accounts.

Zilch is on the road which means I'm baking; squirrel snacks. Peanut butter Oreo balls and Hershey kiss acorns.

ImageImage

I used to be a manager at Godiva. The amount of wimmins that would come up to me while dipping chocolate covered strawberries and ask if I could do custom stuff for them like this was way too many. Good thing Pinterest didn't exist back then.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Sno wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 am Cute shit all pinterested up because it got posted to social media accounts.

ImageImage

I need this in my mouth. :drool:
wap

Calvinball wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:37 am
wap wrote:
Yea thick cut rocks.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:lolol:
wap

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:20 am

ImageImage

I need this in my mouth. :drool:
:drool: :fatty:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Been fiddling around with lower carb breakfast options that I can take to work. One can only eat so much yogurt & granola and eggs are off limits. Made some sausage biscuits this weekend. Ended up with a combination of a previous breakfast casserole recipe and a sausage biscuit recipe I found online. I was worried that the egg substitute would negatively impact the flavor but it didn't. That plus almond flour had them hold together pretty well. Not well enough to eat like a biscuit, but they are too greasy for that anyway. They tasted pretty damn good but 3 of them was not enough. Will go with 4 tomorrow.

Cooked the ground breakfast sausage then sauteed the peppers and onions in the grease. Mixed it all in with the egg substitute, almond flour, and a blend of cheeses (including some 3 pepper cheddar jack for some spice). Used a 1/8c measuring cup to scoop out the mixture and baked them on a greased sheet for ~15 mins.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Damn
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.