Do you even Crock-Pot bro? DFD Cooking Thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Sno wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:28 pm I’m spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:dubshow:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

How early do you eat, 12:01AM?
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:49 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Yeah, fuck that. I wouldn't cook either if that was the case. My knowledge of gluten is very limited, but from what I know it's not like a bacteria or something where it can transfer from surface to surface like that..
It absolutely can.
:dat:
And does.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Interesting.. I figured as a protein, and thus a chain of amino acids, that it wouldn't be able to transfer that easily.. :themoreyouknow:
Flour dust gets everywhere and creates literal shit storms for the people impacted.

My friend has celiac and it is a nightmare if we want to go out and eat with them.
Same with my niece and SIL :(
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote:How early do you eat, 12:01AM?
Slow and low. 170 degrees and an hour per pound
Cool. Never heard of that for a turkey, but I guess it works for most other stuff.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:28 am Coming along well so far in both appearance and smell. If this works it will be the easiest turkey I've ever done.
I’ve done it with chicken with success. Low and slow, then blast it at the end to crisp up the skin.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

[user not found] wrote:
4zilch wrote: I’ve done it with chicken with success. Low and slow, then blast it at the end to crisp up the skin.
I did the 450 for 45 minutes at the start to do just that
Next time do it at the end.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Calvinball wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:58 am
[user not found] wrote:I did the 450 for 45 minutes at the start to do just that
Next time do it at the end.

:dat:

It might still be okay though, but I would bet the skin will soften a bit over the long cook. If it is, just blast it again for a few minutes before you hit target temperature..
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

[user not found] wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Next time do it at the end.

Did it at the beginning to make sure that we killed off any bacteria. At 170 it would thrive all night.
Well then fucking do it at the beginning and the end and stop being so gawddamn difficult.

:therapist:
troyguitar

Calvinball wrote:
[user not found] wrote:Did it at the beginning to make sure that we killed off any bacteria. At 170 it would thrive all night.
Well then fucking do it at the beginning and the end and stop being so gawddamn difficult.

Just put it in the microwave. :science:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Homemade everything including pitas and all that. Good shits.Image
wap

rockchops wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:52 pm Homemade everything including pitas and all that. Good shits.Image
:impressive:
poochie
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Honda Civic

I want to buy the new Jamie Oliver book about using 5 ingredients... i always liked his meals, but found that he added about 100,000 ingredients :/ 5 is more my style
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Christmas baking has started. My family does “postage stamp” cookies every year. The females get together and paint these out (with high quality for coloring.)

This year, admittedly, wasn’t our best, we hit the wine too hard before we got started.

But mostly pretty. Mostly.

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Bambi's drunk. I'd eat those cookies but they'd probably kill me. That's some talented painting. #pinshit
wap

Sno wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 pm Christmas baking has started. My family does “postage stamp” cookies every year. The females get together and paint these out (with high quality for coloring.)

This year, admittedly, wasn’t our best, we hit the wine too hard before we got started.

They look like pretty, delicious raviolis.

Nice work :doe:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

stripethree wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:48 pm Bambi's drunk. I'd eat those cookies but they'd probably kill me. That's some talented painting. #pinshit
Only one egg, doe!

Bambi felt a little drunk. Oh, holidays with the family.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Sno wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 pm Christmas baking has started. My family does “postage stamp” cookies every year. The females get together and paint these out (with high quality for coloring.)

amaze
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gurl you pinshit so hard.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Homemade chicken noodle because it’s freaking cold out.

I need to brag on Zilch for a second. He is such a broth and sauce master. He frequently makes stock from scratch. The broth for this tonight was so damn good. The house smells delicious.

troyguitar

Sno wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:58 pm Homemade chicken noodle because it’s freaking cold out.

I need to brag on Zilch for a second. He is such a broth and sauce master. He frequently makes stock from scratch. The broth for this tonight was so damn good. The house smells delicious.

I still want to know how the fuck you guys have time to be perfect about everything every fucking day like this... Do you only pretend to have jobs and actually work on pinshit projects 24/7? :wtf:

Obviously hiring a maid and having no kids or pets helps, but you still are doing epic pinshit stuff what seems like every fucking day. Do you only sleep 2-3 hours a night like our resident :waxer: claims he does? Best I can do is keeping the house from being a total disaster - I wouldn't allow a camera on our property at this point, it would be embarrassing compared to any DFD member's place.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

troyguitar wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:49 am
Sno wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:58 pm Homemade chicken noodle because it’s freaking cold out.

I still want to know how the fuck you guys have time to be perfect about everything every fucking day like this... Do you only pretend to have jobs and actually work on pinshit projects 24/7? :wtf:

Obviously hiring a maid and having no kids or pets helps, but you still are doing epic pinshit stuff what seems like every fucking day. Do you only sleep 2-3 hours a night like our resident :waxer: claims he does? Best I can do is keeping the house from being a total disaster - I wouldn't allow a camera on our property at this point, it would be embarrassing compared to any DFD member's place.
Yes we both actually work.

A house cleaner that comes by 2x/month does help, but mostly at reducing stress levels.

We have 2 :doge: :doe:

I sleep 7-ish hours, Sno usually more.

Admittedly this took a little over 90 minutes to make start to finish. It could’ve used another 30-45 min, but we were hungry :aintcare:

I do 99% of the cooking, most weeknight dinners are done in 30-45 minutes, sometimes I’ll take the time to plate it nicely, and other times it’s a slab of :meat: with some vegetables. It’s not something overly difficult for me, and I genuinely enjoy doing it. The hardest part is getting out of a rut of boring meals, and that’s when I crack open one of a dozen or so cookbooks we’ve got around the house.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Claims?

It's Sunday at 4:43AM and I drank 2 bottles of Cabernet last evening/night and went to bed about 12:30AM.

I don't "claim" shit. I do it.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

:lolgasm:

At least Zilch got to this before I did. I own a fucking company, bruh. 60 hours a week is a light week. Zilch has been in Pittsburgh, New Jersey, and Baltimore 8 out of the last 14 days and is in Buffalo this week. Our house is moving by 6:30 am every morning and we're in bed by 10:00 every night.

Those cookies are done once a year with my family that required a calendar notice of three weeks out.

House service basically mops and keeps the two bathrooms from growing science projects. Which I did before we hired her but as Zilch said, it stressed me out. I couldn't get to it as frequently as I wanted and I work from home, I work better in a clean and organized environment. Calculations: time is money, it's worth every penny. I do laundry between emails and phone calls as well as pick up the house at least twice a day. Mail, shoes, blankets the dogs have been laying on, shit that accumulates on counters and the dining room table, etc. and dishes are on me which get done twice a day. Clean dishes from the night before get put away while my coffee is steeping and I follow Zilch after dinner to clean up.

We're adulting? We say no/don't do things that are not a priority to us which frees up time to enjoy/do things we want to do. Zilch and I also click extremely well in the household department - we figured this shit out before marriage. Expectations were easily set and I can honestly say they are never not met on either of our sides. Trash goes out. Laundry gets folded. Ten minutes a day keeps us both sane (IE: mostly me.)

A few photos over a course of several months does not perfect like make.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Can I, ah, just get a copy of the soup recipe?