rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

fuckin spaghett. homemade everything except for the parmesan. Delicious.Image
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

rockchops wrote:fuckin spaghett. homemade everything except for the parmesan. Delicious.Image
How'd you make the noodles? Seems like a PITA but my favorite Italian place makes their own pasta so it could be worthwhile.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:
rockchops wrote:fuckin spaghett. homemade everything except for the parmesan. Delicious.Image
How'd you make the noodles? Seems like a PITA but my favorite Italian place makes their own pasta so it could be worthwhile.
I’ve done it a bunch of times. It is a bit of a pain but it’s also rewarding. I like to cook :doe:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

troyguitar wrote:
egg, flour, gluten, water , but we actually put it through our meat grinder without the blade to make the noodles, since it's just a screw it pushed the dough through the die and made spaghett.
troyguitar

rockchops wrote:
troyguitar wrote:How'd you make the noodles? Seems like a PITA but my favorite Italian place makes their own pasta so it could be worthwhile.
egg, flour, gluten, water , but we actually put it through our meat grinder without the blade to make the noodles, since it's just a screw it pushed the dough through the die and made spaghett.
Ahhh you already own a tool to do it, that makes sense. I'd be doing one noodle at a time by hand if I did it.
Calvinball

troyguitar wrote:
rockchops wrote:egg, flour, gluten, water , but we actually put it through our meat grinder without the blade to make the noodles, since it's just a screw it pushed the dough through the die and made spaghett.
Ahhh you already own a tool to do it, that makes sense. I'd be doing one noodle at a time by hand if I did it.
:ohhellno:

rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

troyguitar wrote:
rockchops wrote:egg, flour, gluten, water , but we actually put it through our meat grinder without the blade to make the noodles, since it's just a screw it pushed the dough through the die and made spaghett.
we've done that too but never really been able to cut it thin enough for spaghetti. Old school rolling pin and a knife, but it's thick.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

rockchops wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 pm
troyguitar wrote:How'd you make the noodles? Seems like a PITA but my favorite Italian place makes their own pasta so it could be worthwhile.
Good idea to use the :meat: grinder without the blade. So you're just extruding the dough then. :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball

wap wrote:
rockchops wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 pm egg, flour, gluten, water , but we actually put it through our meat grinder without the blade to make the noodles, since it's just a screw it pushed the dough through the die and made spaghett.
Good idea to use the :meat: grinder without the blade. So you're just extruding the dough then. :notbad:
Our kitchen aid has an attachment, makes it pretty easy.

wap

Calvinball wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:08 pm
wap wrote:
Our kitchen aid has an attachment, makes it pretty easy.

We have one of those, too. Will have to try that some day.
Calvinball

wap wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:08 pm Our kitchen aid has an attachment, makes it pretty easy.

It’s easy to do, but I takes some effort to get it right where you want. It typically made thicker pasta than we wanted when I first started using it.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 pm Crock potted again today with some cow shit.

:whocares:

ImageImage
next level on that? ADD A GUINNESS bottle to the mix. It makes a fantastic stew. No other liquid needed.
wap

Calvinball wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 am
wap wrote:
It’s easy to do, but I takes some effort to get it right where you want. It typically made thicker pasta than we wanted when I first started using it.

So how do you make it thinner than the holes?
Calvinball

wap wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 am It’s easy to do, but I takes some effort to get it right where you want. It typically made thicker pasta than we wanted when I first started using it.

I haven’t made it in a while, but I just had to roll it thinner before running it through.

troyguitar

dubshow wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:51 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 pm Crock potted again today with some cow shit.

:whocares:

ImageImage
next level on that? ADD A GUINNESS bottle to the mix. It makes a fantastic stew. No other liquid needed.
Before or after cooking? I don't add water, but I do add ~12 oz of red wine at the beginning to end up with a decent amount of :jizz: by the end.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:51 am

Before or after cooking? I don't add water, but I do add ~12 oz of red wine at the beginning to end up with a decent amount of :jizz: by the end.
Don't the purple potatoes cost mire than normal potatoes and taste no differently?
troyguitar

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Don't the purple potatoes cost mire than normal potatoes and taste no differently?
The little potatoes cost more (per weight) than regular size ones, but the purple little ones cost the same as the other little ones. The only reason I buy them for this dish is to not have to spend time cutting up regular size stuff.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

at the beginning. google up the recipe
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 am It’s easy to do, but I takes some effort to get it right where you want. It typically made thicker pasta than we wanted when I first started using it.

our holes are pretty tight, straight out of the dye.
Calvinball

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

RIBSSSSSSS
Prep with dry rub

Camera shit the bed on pic, but i cheated with premade barbcue thats like all sugar and LIQUID SMOKEEEEEEEE
:triggered:

ye olde instant pot

55 minutes later

finished on grill eaten with glee

Notes: Next time I'll leave time to let the ribs go for 1.25 hours at high pressure. They were tender AF, but could have been cooked a bit longer.
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

In a full :mahtroy: move, I did not have salad dressing as the finishing touch to my lunch yesterday and today, so I used some left over Chick Fil A dipping sauce from a platter we had earlier in the week.

Yesterday was Polynesian sauce. I had high expectations and they were met: 5/7 would dress again. This sauce is like crack to me.
Today was barbecue, expectations were lower, and it was, indeed, meh-tastic.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

I made Spicy-Sweet roasted sweet potatoes last night. This was my first time ever peeling and dicing potatoes. I am trying to get better at cooking.
https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/spicy- ... -potatoes/

It used a lot of ingredients: olive oil, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, black pepper.

They were pretty delicious. I think I needed to cook them a bit longer. They were in the oven for 15 minutes @ 425 degrees, and then I stirred them and they went in for another 20 minutes. They weren't crispy enough. Any suggestions?

Also, the recipe called for three potatoes, but I used two since they were massive, but I think they were a bit too spicy. So less cayenne pepper and chili powder next time.

Girlfriend broiled filet mignon in the oven since we don't have a grill.

:crang:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Stay safe out there fam while you're cooking dem ribs.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-ne ... fox7austin
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

stripethree wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:02 pm Stay safe out there fam while you're cooking dem ribs.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-ne ... fox7austin
Do you even crockpot :bruh:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...