Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:01 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:50 am
:gtfo:

Do you even murica?

:facepalm: :disappoint:
Let me celebrate July 4th on July 5th

:yeahok: :gtfo:
We celebrated on the 3rd. I see nothing wrong with the 5th too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:02 am
Detroit wrote:I think I'm going to make a breakfast burrito for lunch. I'm an adult and do what I want.
I made pulled pork quesadillas for dinner last night. They were amazing.
That sounds fantastic.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:07 am
razr390 wrote:
We weren't the only ones that called. If you were in our situation you would have been pissed off. The people launching the fireworks didn't even LIVE on the street. They just pulled up in 4 cars and started launching the fireworks
Shoot back.
:popcorn: :plaid: :mahtroy: :nuke:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

I am off to make :poop:

Need to wash all the :doge: today, then take one for a nail trim, then go to work eventually. :fuckyeah:

Also, off tomorrow. :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:08 am
troyguitar wrote:
But how do you expect people to get ahead? You wouldn't be where you are today if you took vacations!
I take my vacations. I'm more productive when I do.
:wat:

I would have sworn that you said you rarely used your vacation time until recently - or did you just not get any vacation time?

IIRC you were saying that in hindsight you probably should have actually used the time, but felt some kind of need to work constantly.
ChrisoftheNorth

We have a great corporate culture where we're strong encouraged (nearly forced) to take all of our vacation time for the year. Feels great.

I guess that's why my company sucks?
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:12 am
troyguitar wrote:
:wat:

I would have sworn that you said you rarely used your vacation time until recently - or did you just not get any vacation time?

IIRC you were saying that in hindsight you probably should have actually used the time, but felt some kind of need to work constantly.
Yeah that was probably four years ago? Time flies. I did feel that way formally and at my old company probably would still feel it? Maybe?
:word:

Dunno when it was but I remember you having the typical 'murican workaholic attitude until switching camps and believing in taking time off... or I guess "off" in your case.

It does seem to be slowly changing in this country but we'll likely be too old to really benefit from it. Maybe your grandkids will.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:14 am We have a great corporate culture where we're strong encouraged (nearly forced) to take all of our vacation time for the year. Feels great.

I guess that's why my company sucks?
Stop drinking the :koolaid: breh
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:12 am
Yeah that was probably four years ago? Time flies. I did feel that way formally and at my old company probably would still feel it? Maybe?

Dunno when it was but I remember you having the typical 'murican workaholic attitude until switching camps and believing in taking time off... or I guess "off" in your case.

It does seem to be slowly changing in this country but we'll likely be too old to really benefit from it. Maybe your grandkids will.
Actually, I think it's getting worse. The old established companies like mine usually have good vacation plans and encourage employees to take them. But those companies are all behind the times and suck. These days, you need to be working 100 hrs a week on your tech start-up that has no prayer of making money, but will get a ton of investment to be successful. Making money isn't rewarding. Working yourself to death to change the world is.

Fuck that.
HighwayStarPatrick
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 VW GTI

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:23 am Dang, we need more :fuckyeah: in this thread. Come on guise.
I'm going back to MI next week to see Metallica 7/12, bringing the Spyder assuming all goes well over the weekend. Might have time to :dock: with :eeyore: in the evening of 7/11.

Also looking at going up to Oscoda for a big national autox event august 4-7 but it's 8 hrs from here. :notsure:
Metallica just played last night in Orlando. My roommates and a couple friends went to the concert. I did not because it was an open stadium and hot as ballz even in the evening when they played.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:20 am
troyguitar wrote:

I definitely switched once I got to a place that everything hadn't gone to shit while I was gone. At my old company before I got promoted and fixed a lot of shit, it truly was more stressful to leave for vacation than it was to just work.

I think forced vacation would be ideal. Not sure how you make it work but it would be good.
Yep that's the problem. There will always be someone willing to work 100 hours a week to climb the ladder, so you can either do the same to keep up or be "lazy" and stay poor. There's no way to force people not to work more.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:20 am
troyguitar wrote:

I definitely switched once I got to a place that everything hadn't gone to shit while I was gone. At my old company before I got promoted and fixed a lot of shit, it truly was more stressful to leave for vacation than it was to just work.

I think forced vacation would be ideal. Not sure how you make it work but it would be good.
Forced to take vacation period, not necessarily at a certain time.

My last 2 bosses would look at the vacation calendar in November and tell me to start taking vacation ASAP if I had too much left. We don't carry any over year-to-year, so the expectation is to end the year with 0 vacation days left. Feels good when your managers are forcing you to vacation.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:25 am Tesla is over rated.
The housing market isn't going to crash any time soon.
Buying a house is better than renting for most people (but not all).
Hard work is valuable just for being hard work.
The sky isn't falling.

:[user not found]: the least popular man on DFD
I agree with all of these statements.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:26 am
Detroit wrote: Forced to take vacation period, not necessarily at a certain time.

My last 2 bosses would look at the vacation calendar in November and tell me to start taking vacation ASAP if I had too much left. We don't carry any over year-to-year, so the expectation is to end the year with 0 vacation days left. Feels good when your managers are forcing you to vacation.
That's very good. We carry over till March but I generally order my guys the same way.
At my company, it goes all the way to the top.

I remember being in a meeting with our VP, and we're discussion deadlines or something and the VP looks at my director and says "He'll be off next week since he hasn't taken a vacation in 6 mos." Director laughed VP said "no, seriously...do not come in next week.".

That really helps from a corporate standpoint. Nobody feels pressured to not take vacation. Feels good, but I guess that doesn't help the company get ahead.
HighwayStarPatrick
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:I think I'm going to make a breakfast burrito for lunch. I'm an adult and do what I want.
I made pulled pork quesadillas for dinner last night. They were amazing.
Had steak again last night because I bought in bulk on Monday. Poop is weird because all da meats this morning.
HighwayStarPatrick
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

[user not found] wrote:Tesla is over rated.
The housing market isn't going to crash any time soon.
Buying a house is better than renting for most people (but not all).
Hard work is valuable just for being hard work.
The sky isn't falling.

:[user not found]: the least popular man on DFD
[user not found] political punchbowl
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:32 am
Detroit wrote: I agree with all of these statements.
Even the last? :sad:
Isn't that just a fact?
ChrisoftheNorth

:trollface:
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:35 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:32 am
Even the last? :sad:
Isn't that just a fact?
I have always pictured :[user not found]: as "Smiling Bob" from the old Enzyte ads. :alpo:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:57 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:53 am another :eeyore: day forming... hope i can get out this funk
You should go lift some heavy things. Pick them up and put them down.
i plan on it
brain go brrrrrr
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Detroit wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:32 am Even the last? :sad:
Isn't that just a fact?
:fax:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Herro.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

You wasteful people with your vacations.

We have a use-it-or-lose-it policy with anything more than 2 weeks of carryover. So people are encouraged to use their vacation time.

I have 5 weeks this year. I've taken like 4 days so far. :disappoint:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:35 am

Same. I just realized that it's more than usual, which is above average as-is.
:like:
You hear on the house yet?