Over priced Wild Turkey.
:ohdang:

glad i didnt pick it up.

:wtf:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:22 pm Boss gave me a Christmas present today...

Front and center... I think he gets me.

holy shit my man...

Balvenie has been my favorite number 1 go to since I started drinking properly. I havent had the privilege to get a 25 year yet.

:drool:

I got the Caribbean cask for the :fax: and reward myself a class when visiting.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Blantons ain't bad.

Back home this weekend and the smell of mash in the air is so delicious
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Home sweet home.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

wap wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:13 pm Just got this in our Secret Santa office grab bag. :notbad:

Full :lolol: story behind this to be found in OT.

Cracked this open yesterday with our drinking friends. Very smoky and delicious. No one else liked it :doe: :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Enjoying some Johnny Drumm over 2 ice cubes. :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Needed more single malt. Both came highly recommended by scotch guy. There's quite the stories for each...

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:31 pm Needed more single malt. Both came highly recommended by scotch guy. There's quite the stories for each...

Linky no worky. :(
ChrisoftheNorth

Better?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

The Auchentoshan is :mindblown: almost killed the bottle with a friend last night. For $70, it's probably the best value scotch I've had.
ChrisoftheNorth

The Glenmorangie is aged in oak barrels made from slow growth wood in the Ozarks. You can't cut the wood down, rather you have to wait for it to fall and harvest it then. The last batch of the stuff was released 8 years ago because it takes that long to get the wood for the barrels.

Was pretty outstanding. Not sure if have scotch that Woody before. Really great.
wap

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:41 am Image

Better?
:like:
ChrisoftheNorth

The Auchentoshan continues to blow my mind.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:40 am The Auchentoshan continues to blow my mind.
I actually might go buy another bottle. Been a long time since I had it in inventory.
It'll be a staple in my inventory going forward for sure.

Found an excellent scotch guy a few miles from my house. Dude recommended this, and I'll certainly be back for more interesting things.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:45 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 am

I actually might go buy another bottle. Been a long time since I had it in inventory.

Found an excellent scotch guy a few miles from my house. Dude recommended this, and I'll certainly be back for more interesting things.
I need to find a good scotch guy around me. All I have are big box stores like Bevmo, or fair to decent liquor stores and while okay, they don't get some of the more unique things..
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:45 am

I need to find a good scotch guy around me. All I have are big box stores like Bevmo, or fair to decent liquor stores and while okay, they don't get some of the more unique things..
This guy I found is epic. Owns a small liquor store, in a fancy part of town, and specializes in scotch and hard to find whiskeys. His knowledge is :mindblown:

He was telling me that when he got the Glenmorangie Astar, that he bought every bottle his rep would sell him. He said the rep looked at him weird and he asked the rep if he knew the story. The rep shrugged.

Then a few months after it came out, some liquor magazine rated it the #2 best whiskey of 2017, and demand went nuts. His rep came back and asked to buy some of the inventory back. Told him "get to know the product you sell better" and :gtfo:

I went in asking to buy a bottle or two around $100. Told him I wanted something more unique, and he pulled four bottles, spent 15 minutes explaining the story and tasting notes for each one while juggling a steady stream of customers (all of who he knew their names) buying some really great stuff. At the end I left with two bottles, I need to go back and get more. He said he can get anything, and always prioritizes rare/hard to find stuff.

Incredibly legit.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:00 pm

This guy I found is epic. Owns a small liquor store, in a fancy part of town, and specializes in scotch and hard to find whiskeys. His knowledge is :mindblown:

He was telling me that when he got the Glenmorangie Astar, that he bought every bottle his rep would sell him. He said the rep looked at him weird and he asked the rep if he knew the story. The rep shrugged.

Then a few months after it came out, some liquor magazine rated it the #2 best whiskey of 2017, and demand went nuts. His rep came back and asked to buy some of the inventory back. Told him "get to know the product you sell better" and :gtfo:

I went in asking to buy a bottle or two around $100. Told him I wanted something more unique, and he pulled four bottles, spent 15 minutes explaining the story and tasting notes for each one while juggling a steady stream of customers (all of who he knew their names) buying some really great stuff. At the end I left with two bottles, I need to go back and get more. He said he can get anything, and always prioritizes rare/hard to find stuff.

Incredibly legit.
:notbad:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Incredibly legit.
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap

Incredibly legit.
Sounds like an incredible experience.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Incredibly legit.
Game changing.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:05 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:58 pm
Game changing.
:fuckyeah:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:05 pm
Game changing.
You gotta like it when the selection at a liquor store is a "game changer."
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:38 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:07 pm

You gotta like it when the selection at a liquor store is a "game changer."
Not only the selection, but the dude. There's a wall of scotch, most of which I've never heard of. He asked 3 questions...palate, scotches I like, and budget. Then went off and did an insane job explaining each.

If he wasn't there, I would have been overwhelmed, bought something at random that I'd never heard of in my price range and went with it maybe enjoying it, maybe not.