All Things Gun Thread: Pew Pew 2.0

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SixSpeeder wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:34 pm It's so much better than stock, it's beyond me why any quality firearm would come with a flat black front sight from the factory.
Retro look? :iono:

On my j frame I have the hiviz fiber optic sight and still put the Crimson Trace laser grip on it. It is literally point and shoot now and the Crimson grip is actually slimmer than the OEM rubber grip it came with. Also, the OEM rubber grip would cling to fabric like a pocket making it harder to draw.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:05 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:34 pm It's so much better than stock, it's beyond me why any quality firearm would come with a flat black front sight from the factory.
Retro look? :iono:

On my j frame I have the hiviz fiber optic sight and still put the Crimson Trace laser grip on it. It is literally point and shoot now and the Crimson grip is actually slimmer than the OEM rubber grip it came with. Also, the OEM rubber grip would cling to fabric like a pocket making it harder to draw.
I almost went with your Hiviz sight in green but got a tritium dot sight instead, I really like the visibility in low lighting. Yeah, I actually tried the grips that came with yours and didn't like them compared to the rubber grips that came with mine, I found it harder to completely conceal in light clothing because of the extra width compared to my OEM grips even though they are shorter:

dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
SixSpeeder

SP101 3" 357

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:49 am goddamn all these wheel gun pics make me want to go spend some money.
I know...

I used to have an SP-101 back in 1993 that I sold because I didn't really care for revolvers at the time. Now I love them and have been thinking about another. Might run over to the fun store this afternoon after my tile guys leave.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Revolvers are fun. The arm that rotates the cylinder on my dads S&W .357 broke while I was shooting it once. Fire off a round or two then pull the trigger again and nothing. Quizzically pull the trigger again to make sure I put enough pressure to rotate and still nothing. Keep it pointed down range and have my dad come over to check it out. He does the same thing. Had to drop it off at the gun shop to have them replace the arm and all was good afterwards.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:49 am goddamn all these wheel gun pics make me want to go spend some money.
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:41 pm Ah, didn't post this before...

This one is the 700 tactical 20" barrel and the KSG.

I ordered the Magpul stock, magwell and magazines for it as well as this scope:

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-sc ... -5-25x50mm

Also got a base and rings for the scope.

Still need to decide on a small red-dot and front grip for the KSG.
Magpul stock, magazine adapter, magazines, Leupold scope, bases, and quick release mount/rings came in for the 700 today and I reconfigured it. Need to get it to the range to dial it in.

Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:09 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:41 pm Ah, didn't post this before...

This one is the 700 tactical 20" barrel and the KSG.

I ordered the Magpul stock, magwell and magazines for it as well as this scope:

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-sc ... -5-25x50mm

Also got a base and rings for the scope.

Still need to decide on a small red-dot and front grip for the KSG.
Magpul stock, magazine adapter, magazines, Leupold scope, bases, and quick release mount/rings came in for the 700 today and I reconfigured it. Need to get it to the range to dial it in.

Dat's purdy.
SixSpeeder

The SP101 stopped working after dry firing it a few hundred times, the trigger won't reset after pulling it :(

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:48 am The SP101 stopped working after dry firing it a few hundred times, the trigger won't reset after pulling it :(

Is it lubed up well?

Got any CLP you can hose it down with?
SixSpeeder

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:10 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:48 am The SP101 stopped working after dry firing it a few hundred times, the trigger won't reset after pulling it :(

Is it lubed up well?

That actually worked, thanks! I had hit it with a few drops of M-Pro when I first bought it, but I usually go for the less is more method when lubing. I just took the grips off and really let it have it, and now the trigger resets just fine after cleaning it up.

:like: :bravo:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:55 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Is it lubed up well?

That actually worked, thanks! I had hit it with a few drops of M-Pro when I first bought it, but I usually go for the less is more method when lubing. I just took the grips off and really let it have it, and now the trigger resets just fine after cleaning it up.

:like: :bravo:
My motto is always "When in doubt, lube her up."

You can always remove some lube, but not enough is usually a bad thing.

:lol:

Glad it's running again.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Got some more ammo in from Fedex yesterday.

Still buying more since it's unclear if this BS law is going to stand up or not about stopping mail order ammo in California. 840 more rounds of XM855 and 1,000 more rounds of XM193. I have another identical shipment coming next week too.

SixSpeeder

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 pm Got some more ammo in from Fedex yesterday.

Still buying more since it's unclear if this BS law is going to stand up or not about stopping mail order ammo in California. 840 more rounds of XM855 and 1,000 more rounds of XM193. I have another identical shipment coming next week too.

I can't see the photo.
SixSpeeder

HiViz Litewave sight and Hogue Monogrip:

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I shot my red Rider earlier. Almost hit a squirrel.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SixSpeeder

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:36 pm I shot my red Rider earlier. Almost hit a squirrel.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SixSpeeder wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:36 pm I shot my red Rider earlier. Almost hit a squirrel.
How'd you get that gif of me?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SixSpeeder

Youtube demonetized pretty much all the gun channels, weak sauce. :disappoint:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:47 pm Youtube demonetized pretty much all the gun channels, weak sauce. :disappoint:
Yep, fucking bullshit.

I just checked and Nutnfancy's videos are all demonetized too.. And I know he was pulling in a shitload of money every month off his channels. Now the only videos that are monetized are his videos with no guns reviews. Hell, it looks like even his knife reviews are hit.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:04 pm Think of the children
They should teach kids how to build their own AR's in school.
SixSpeeder

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:12 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:04 pm Think of the children
They should teach kids how to build their own AR's in school.
Better than what they teach here, Seattle public schools are teaching kindergartners about gender identity. Kindergartners. :rolleyes:

This is what my tax dollars are going towards.
SixSpeeder

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent affordable FMJ .45 ACP ammo? I've been shooting Winchester white box mostly and it's some of the dirtiest ammo that I've shot other than Wolf, but the price is hard to beat at ~$200 for 500 rounds. I'm not opposed to ordering online.

And no, I'm not going to start reloading, my GF would kill me if I got any more junk in our limited amount of space.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:51 pm Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent affordable FMJ .45 ACP ammo? I've been shooting Winchester white box mostly and it's some of the dirtiest ammo that I've shot other than Wolf, but the price is hard to beat at ~$200 for 500 rounds. I'm not opposed to ordering online.

And no, I'm not going to start reloading, my GF would kill me if I got any more junk in our limited amount of space.
I reload, but a friend buys Blazer Brass or Speer and it seems clean enough and he's cheap.
SixSpeeder

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:07 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:51 pm Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent affordable FMJ .45 ACP ammo? I've been shooting Winchester white box mostly and it's some of the dirtiest ammo that I've shot other than Wolf, but the price is hard to beat at ~$200 for 500 rounds. I'm not opposed to ordering online.

I reload, but a friend buys Blazer Brass or Speer and it seems clean enough and he's cheap.
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... 3523013.do

:notbad: , I can get 600 rounds for $200. I can't find any dills on Speer. I've shot that Blazer in the past, I can't remember my experience though but these Winchester are abnormally messy.