All Things Gun Thread: Pew Pew 2.0

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:14 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:41 pm My current CC is a S&W Model 60 .357 and I love it:

Nice.

Here is my go-to small revolver, the 360PD in scandium so it's super light with a crimson trace grip:

It's a great little gun, and defensive loads in .357 are very manageable with my rubber grip. It's much more enjoyable to shoot compared to my Sig P938.

I need to upgrade the front sight on mine.
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

I'd love to shoot a revolver! Never had the pleasure. I've never been big on ARs. OG M14s are kinda cool though. Not the done uo mall ninja stuff. I had a pistol and sold it. I took it to the range twice and sold it. I've been itching to get a CZ75 though. It's my dream gun.
I currently have one gun... it's a 1911 Mauser. 6.5x55. Shoots like a BB gun, deadly as hell. I have little to no gun experience except a bb gun and was able to hit whatever I wanted to with it, within reason. It isn't me, the gun is THAT good! It's really fun to shoot. The sound and feel of the bolt action is pretty satisfying as well. I've only fired 40 rounds through it since it was passed down to me. I haven't shot it since 2011. These things aren't expensive. A good one will go for 300 bucks. Pick one up if it's your kinda thing.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:bravo: Magpul :bravo:

SRD.. :lolol:

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Bought a few guns this morning.

HK USP 45 Expert.

HK USP in "Urban Grey" limited run factory color:

Benelli M2 3 Gun edition like this:

Now to wait for the stupid California waiting period.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

glad the kingdom allowed you to buy those.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 8:01 pm glad the kingdom allowed you to buy those.
Yeah, gotta get what you can as soon as you can over here.........

The chair is against the wall.

John has a long mustache.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 3:21 pm Bought a few guns this morning.

HK USP 45 Expert.

HK USP in "Urban Grey" limited run factory color:

I own a Benelli M1. Whats the the story on your fancy home defense version?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 12:34 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 3:21 pm Bought a few guns this morning.

I own a Benelli M1. Whats the the story on your fancy home defense version?
This is the 3 Gun competition version of the M2. Basically this one is tuned from the Benelli performance shop for 3 gun competition. bigger charging handle and bolt release, smoother action, enlarged magazine opening for double and quad loading, spare shell holder at the ejection port as well as more stuff.....

I've got an M1, M1014 and Ultra Light, so right now my next purchases from Benelli are this one and a Super Sport. I always wanted an M3, so I might try to find one of those too, they are much cheaper as well.

Here's a video if you have some time:

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

yeah those are what I like, but next purchase will be either a ps90 to SBR or a deagle.

I'd also prolly just go for the m4.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 9:43 am I'd also prolly just go for the m4.
I have an M1014, so the M4 is covered. If you can, I would try to find an M1014 instead of the M4. Fixed choke and better gas system... plus limited numbers and really cool laser engraved US flag on the receiver.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So I have an AR-10 (not an AR308) that I've been kind of sitting on for a long, long time. This is a "B Series" Armalite pattern Noveske N6 build. Back when I bought it, complete uppers were very hard to find and the AR308's by DPMS were just coming on the scene that used their own mags and were not AR10 patterned lowers.

I have a 24" heavy target upper on it, but have wanted something shorter for a long time, this one is a heavy son of a bitch... So I got a hair up my ass yesterday and started looking around. Fuck... Armalite has all but stopped making any "B Series" uppers and components. This is the shit that has been around since the AR-10 was invented... They have jumped ship to the polymer magazine setup and DPMS AR308 types, or their new "A Series".

Anyway, googling for hours to find an upper, I was just going to find the parts to build one, but I stumbled on a site that claimed to have some B series stock. Sent and email and 1 minute later I had a reply with a phone number. Called the guy and got this 18" upper that MSRPs at $1499 for $1100. Shipping out today and I should have it in ~5 days:

https://armalite.com/shop/ar-10-b-serie ... -assembly/

Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:32 am So I have an AR-10 (not an AR308) that I've been kind of sitting on for a long, long time. This is a "B Series" Armalite pattern Noveske N6 build. Back when I bought it, complete uppers were very hard to find and the AR308's by DPMS were just coming on the scene that used their own mags and were not AR10 patterned lowers.

I have a 24" heavy target upper on it, but have wanted something shorter for a long time, this one is a heavy son of a bitch... So I got a hair up my ass yesterday and started looking around. Fuck... Armalite has all but stopped making any "B Series" uppers and components. This is the shit that has been around since the AR-10 was invented... They have jumped ship to the polymer magazine setup and DPMS AR308 types, or their new "A Series".

Anyway, googling for hours to find an upper, I was just going to find the parts to build one, but I stumbled on a site that claimed to have some B series stock. Sent and email and 1 minute later I had a reply with a phone number. Called the guy and got this 18" upper that MSRPs at $1499 for $1100. Shipping out today and I should have it in ~5 days:

:notbad:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Upper showed up the other day. Need to get another stock for this one next, just need to decide..

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

M2 3 gun with Nordic magazine tube extension:

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

UPS .45 with new USP Expert .45:

Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Went night shooting tonight. Learned a few things that I should have already known.

1) shooting one handed sucks
2) using a flashlight with non dominant hand sucks
3) the more I shoot my shield the more it sucks
4) I need a bigger pistol for the range or else it sucks
5) shooting at night is hard and that sucks
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 pm Went night shooting tonight. Learned a few things that I should have already known.

One answer for all points: You just need more practice.

#4: Do you mean physical size, or caliber?
Barnes93cb

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:54 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 pm Went night shooting tonight. Learned a few things that I should have already known.

Yes I 100% need more range time. I only have around 600 rounds through the pistol. And thats 600/700 pistol rounds in my entire life.

4) The physical size of the pistol is too small for excessive shooting at the range. I need to get proficient with the pistol as it will be my edc eventually. But for the range it can be a bit boring. The constant magazine changing and reloading on the tiny single stacks is annoying. I want something that will be a bit more fun for target shooting and range play.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 4:08 pm UPS .45 with new USP Expert .45:

Beautiful pieces!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

a local popped up with a desert eagle .50 in brushed nickel.

its the older style with out the rail on slide. This is sort of a bucket list gun I have zero need for but oddly, greatly desire.

im rummaging in the safe to see what I could part with.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:32 am So I have an AR-10 (not an AR308) that I've been kind of sitting on for a long, long time. This is a "B Series" Armalite pattern Noveske N6 build. Back when I bought it, complete uppers were very hard to find and the AR308's by DPMS were just coming on the scene that used their own mags and were not AR10 patterned lowers.

fuck yeah. my 308 is an aero build. I LOVE it. very satifying gun. I got the vortex razor optic for it.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 12:26 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Yes I 100% need more range time. I only have around 600 rounds through the pistol. And thats 600/700 pistol rounds in my entire life.

4) The physical size of the pistol is too small for excessive shooting at the range. I need to get proficient with the pistol as it will be my edc eventually. But for the range it can be a bit boring. The constant magazine changing and reloading on the tiny single stacks is annoying. I want something that will be a bit more fun for target shooting and range play.
get any full size gun. I have fallen in love with the beretta 92, and so has the wife. They are CHEAP and great. I mean $300 will get you a pretty nice one used.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

oh shit! there is a gold one avail locally too. LOL

Barnes93cb

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:24 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 12:26 am

get any full size gun. I have fallen in love with the beretta 92, and so has the wife. They are CHEAP and great. I mean $300 will get you a pretty nice one used.
Cant do it. The military uses the 92. I will never use one again in my life if I have the choice.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:38 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Cant do it. The military uses the 92. I will never use one again in my life if I have the choice.
That's a shame. It's a fine gun. Why hate it?

They used a garand and 1911 too. Both great guns. You want own an ar15 either??