Sears sells Craftsman to Stanley/B&D for 900M

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote:
Acid666 wrote:
Lol. It was decent. But nearly ZERO insulation. Her cooling bills were close to $300/mo when I ran the AC. She hated it because she's a fucking hippie hipster and likes to drink cold Pabst on the porch with her fuckwad ironic friends and not use the ac. This is fucking Louisiana bitch. Not the Bahamas.
Insulation wasn't really a huge thing back then... Technology just wasn't there.

But the structure and quality of materials was very good.
you also had a different design basis down here at least; without insulation it cools off faster in the summer evenings when the sun goes away
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote:
This blog is cool as fuck.
Indeed. We've trolled it much since moving to our hood.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: Insulation wasn't really a huge thing back then... Technology just wasn't there.

you also had a different design basis down here at least; without insulation it cools off faster in the summer evenings when the sun goes away
True.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote:
Acid666 wrote:
Lol. It was decent. But nearly ZERO insulation. Her cooling bills were close to $300/mo when I ran the AC. She hated it because she's a fucking hippie hipster and likes to drink cold Pabst on the porch with her fuckwad ironic friends and not use the ac. This is fucking Louisiana bitch. Not the Bahamas.
Insulation wasn't really a huge thing back then... Technology just wasn't there.

And insulation wasn't that necessary either with the price of heating coal or oil being very cheap.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote:
This blog is cool as fuck.
I wish I had even half that amount of passion for something.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

My grandmother managed the ladies dept at her local Sears for 20 years. Then got her 30 by working 10 behind the candy counter. Every Sunday she made me and my cousins up bags of candy assortments to take home with us. I have judged every candy experience ever after off those succulent bags of childhood goodness.

The Sears Catalog was a marvel in the 70s ....Three inches thick and prob almost 5 lbs with what seemed like a thousand pages of full-color items.

The toy section was prepubescent wet dream.....
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:40 pm My grandmother managed the ladies dept at her local Sears for 20 years. Then got her 30 by working 10 behind the candy counter. Every Sunday she made me and my cousins up bags of candy assortments to take home with us. I have judged every candy experience ever after off those succulent bags of childhood goodness.

The Sears Catalog was a marvel in the 70s ....Three inches thick and prob almost 5 lbs with what seemed like a thousand pages of full-color items.

So much dat. :megusta: :member:

It was like holding the Amazon of the day in your hands.

My uncle worked for Sears Corporate in Chicago for 47 years. It was a huge part of my life growing up. Getting "The Big Toy Box" Christmas catalog every December was a massive :fuckyeah: :excited: ritual in our :haus:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:31 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:40 pm My grandmother managed the ladies dept at her local Sears for 20 years. Then got her 30 by working 10 behind the candy counter. Every Sunday she made me and my cousins up bags of candy assortments to take home with us. I have judged every candy experience ever after off those succulent bags of childhood goodness.

So much dat. :megusta: :member:

It was like holding the Amazon of the day in your hands.

My uncle worked for Sears Corporate in Chicago for 47 years. It was a huge part of my life growing up. Getting "The Big Toy Box" Christmas catalog every December was a massive :fuckyeah: :excited: ritual in our :haus:
I worked for sears too :yikes:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Three years later and Craftsman is still made in China and replaced Kobalt at Lowe's at a higher price.

Even better is that the Lowe's stores won't even warranty an item. They tell you to call Craftsman directly, which is a ballsy move considering that just about every other store nowadays offers free replacement on the spot.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:36 am
Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:11 pm Three years later and Craftsman is still made in China and replaced Kobalt at Lowe's at a higher price.

Even better is that the Lowe's stores won't even warranty an item. They tell you to call Craftsman directly, which is a ballsy move considering that just about every other store nowadays offers free replacement on the spot.
I’m surprised they dumped their own house brand Kobalt for Craftsman.

I was wondering why it was so tough to find Kobalt tools lately.
The Lowe's by me has Craftsman and Kobalt tools still, and the Kobalt tools are cheaper and better quality, especially if you find any Taiwanese Kobalt tools. I've given up on Lowe's and go to Home Depot now, and you can actually find a decent amount of US-made tools at Home Depot, some even under the Husky brand. For most of my hand tools, I will either order online or go to Napa. Their Carlyle brand is very decent. The wrenches and sockets have a lot of features that the tool truck brands have with out the anal pricing.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/sho ... p?t=249851

OEM manufacturer’s supplier list.