So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:48 pm I have a Dell XPS with the 4K screen and the 1080 screen on my 2011 MacBook Pron looked better to me.
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:26 am I don't understand 4k resolution on a small screen. The quality of the screen (to griff's point) is far more important than resolution.
I agree. 4k should be on 40"+. With computers it's a little different...but on TVs you can't really tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 32" screen. I also hate that a lot of laptops are sold with screens with a resolution of 1366x768. It's horrible. Everything is huge and you can barely fit anything on the screen.

Also, everything is SO TINY on a 4k screen! Griff, make sure your 4k laptop is set to the native resolution, to prevent it from looking distorted or blurry.
:crang:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I was able to purchase a wireless speaker, 4000mAh power bank, wireless earbuds and a 4 port usb charger for $33.00 at my jerb.

:fuckyeah:

Based on how useful these devices are determines whether I will spend more on actually good quality equivalents.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:59 pm 8 dollar decanter... should do the trick :scrooge: Image
:waxer:

I pour my Winking Owl directly from the bottle to the glass.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:31 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:59 pm 8 dollar decanter... should do the trick :scrooge: Image

:wtf: :disgust: :disappoint:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

We only decant :waxer: wine. Poverty stuff goes through the Venturi.

But a poverty decanter is still solid to have.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:We only decant :waxer: wine. Poverty stuff goes through the Venturi.

I can't tell the difference. What's it supposed to do?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote:

Apparently this bitch is hand made! #Winning at Winners :troywax: :fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:09 pm
Detroit wrote:We only decant :waxer: wine. Poverty stuff goes through the Venturi.

I can't tell the difference. What's it supposed to do?
:dat:

I also don't ever have :waxer: wines, at home we get the $2.89 Winking Owl bottles from Aldi or boxed stuff that's around $20 for four bottle's worth. I rarely get drinks when I'm traveling, but I'll occasionally get wine at dinner and typically get one of the cheapest on the list that's a type I like and still enjoy it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Decanting wine is supposed to allow the wine to evaporate some of the alcoholic edge in the wine by exposing more surface area to open air. It allows you to taste the other flavors in the wine more easily. It's good for cheap wines too, making them present better then they actually are. Cheap wines can sit longer (up to an hour) but if wine sits too long it gets :disgust:

I'm looking forward to trying mine tonight with a red cab. Will report back if I can even tell the difference.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:45 am Decanting wine is supposed to allow the wine to evaporate some of the alcoholic edge in the wine by exposing more surface area to open air. It allows you to taste the other flavors in the wine more easily. It's good for cheap wines too, making them present better then they actually are. Cheap wines can sit longer (up to an hour) but if wine sits too long it gets :disgust:

I'm looking forward to trying mine tonight with a red cab. Will report back if I can even tell the difference.
Interesting, in4review
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I'm not much of a winer. I tried, but I just can't get into the bitterness of what I've tried.
Eventually I'm going to redo my wet bar and make it less liquor oriented and more beer/tap oriented.
Great for parties, and then my asshole cats can make it their jungle gym the other 362 days of the year.

I bought a water sprayer at Lowe's yesterday. Cheap little $6 one. Need something to water my tires down between runs at the AutoX.
Filled it with water, did some Pumps N Tha Bumps and adjusted the nozzle. Got a good spread on it. Should work pretty well for what I need.

Also bought a new garden nozzle (OMG BALLER SPENDER I KNOW RIGHT!?!)
And a tarp to cover my shit from rain when autocrossing. TREAT Y0SELF Y0!
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:45 am Decanting wine is supposed to allow the wine to evaporate some of the alcoholic edge in the wine by exposing more surface area to open air. It allows you to taste the other flavors in the wine more easily. It's good for cheap wines too, making them present better then they actually are. Cheap wines can sit longer (up to an hour) but if wine sits too long it gets :disgust:

And doesn't the Venturi help to aerate the wine, too? Aeration supposedly helps to improve the flavor, which is why you see people at tastings suck air through their lips with wine in their mouth or swirling the glass.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I should really proof read my posts written before 9am. Anyways...

It is time for :science: , I have found this extremely cheap wine in my home. I assume it's from my in laws. It is grown in Niagara Peninsula Ontario and probably costs slightly more then grape juice, but only because the local .gov taxes booze like crazy.

I have opened this bad boy just now (8:30pm) and instantly poured a glass which I drank. My mouth is greeted with the instant sour taste of under ripened grapes followed by a slight heartburn provided by the alcohol.

It has a full bodied cab-merlot description that is supposed to embody rich aromas of chocolate and leather (I shit you not) intermingling with blackberries and a touch of spice. The palate has a complex flavours of dark berry, spicy cedar, tobacco (another wow) and herb notes.

Upon first impression, I smell and taste bitter grapes, blackberries and some spices cedar. It's no bueno but I'd be okay drinking it alone - not serving it.

Report back decanter and bottle differences at 9:30 pm.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

One hour into decanting, still sour and tastes like shit but much smoother.

The bottle still has half the vino, and I can honestly say that it's a tiny bit worse and still leaves me with a heart-burnish aftertaste.

Decanting... its a thing and well worth the $8 investment.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:40 pm One hour into decanting, still sour and tastes like shit but much smoother.

The bottle still has half the vino, and I can honestly say that it's a tiny bit worse and still leaves me with a heart-burnish aftertaste.

Try this.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:40 pm One hour into decanting, still sour and tastes like shit but much smoother.

Try this.

:fuckyeah: :waxer: , this is cool man. :like:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

ANDDDD...it's Canada for the actual response. :like: Care to visit my paint scratch thread in Desert Garage?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:52 pm I should really proof read my posts written before 9am. Anyways...

It is time for :science: , I have found this extremely cheap wine in my home. I assume it's from my in laws. It is grown in Niagara Peninsula Ontario and probably costs slightly more then grape juice, but only because the local .gov taxes booze like crazy.

I have opened this bad boy just now (8:30pm) and instantly poured a glass which I drank. My mouth is greeted with the instant sour taste of under ripened grapes followed by a slight heartburn provided by the alcohol.

It has a full bodied cab-merlot description that is supposed to embody rich aromas of chocolate and leather (I shit you not) intermingling with blackberries and a touch of spice. The palate has a complex flavours of dark berry, spicy cedar, tobacco (another wow) and herb notes.

Upon first impression, I smell and taste bitter grapes, blackberries and some spices cedar. It's no bueno but I'd be okay drinking it alone - not serving it.

Report back decanter and bottle differences at 9:30 pm.
Use as a solvent, extend your lifespan.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:31 pm

:facepalm: :disappoint: :wtf:
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Kimber Pepperblaster, 13 ft range :yikes: :jizz:

dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I forgot to mention that I had decanted wine with my $57 rib eye last week. It was good, but never tried it pre-decant. I found the whole meal experience pretentious, wasteful, and tasty. I'm sure the bottle of wine was $60+.
razr390

I bought some Nike LeBron shoes, a PS4, replacement Oakley Lenses and a Oakley carry-on bag
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:07 pm I forgot to mention that I had decanted wine with my $57 rib eye last week. It was good, but never tried it pre-decant. I found the whole meal experience pretentious, wasteful, and tasty. I'm sure the bottle of wine was $60+.
:fuckyeah:
:drool:
razr390

Materialism is awesome.

I love having freeDUMas to buy shit I don't need to impress people I don't like.

:caspian:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:13 pm I bought some Nike LeBron shoes, a PS4, replacement Oakley Lenses and a Oakley carry-on bag
:troywax:

Gf and I bought a helicopter tour for Monday on the Big Island today :troywax: