How life was awesome today: the :fuckyeah: thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Lease signed Tuesday, keys in hand today. :fuckyeah: all around.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

stripethree wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:12 pm Lease signed Tuesday, keys in hand today. :fuckyeah: all around.
:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Didn't get selected for trial #1, back to the pool :fuckyeah:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SixSpeeder wrote:Didn't get selected for trial #1, back to the pool :fuckyeah:
:Dat: , not appeopriate candidate... :fuckyeah: :like:
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:24 pm Didn't get selected for trial #1, back to the pool :fuckyeah:
Jury Duty?
I've gotten called 5 times, and 2 of those times I was randomly sent home before even showing up. Likely didn't need so big of a pool so I got lucky. The other 3 where I had to show up, I not only got pulled into a trial, but was selected to be the foreman for each one. I dunno what it is, but they must like me on paper being a professional AND an atheist.
When it comes time to deliberate no one wants to take the fucking reins and I get sick of people who have no idea how to interpret the laws so I have to break out of being Dr. Introvert M.D. and start schooling these bitches. "OOOOH DAT BOI RITE DERE KNOW WAT GOIN DOWN, WE SHULD MAEK HIM DAT 4-MAN!"
Only guy that takes notes, only guy that remembers all the key details. Why? Because I want to drop my Paladin Hammer of Justice and go home to fap to Golden Girls.
Last edited by Acid666 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:09 pm
SixSpeeder wrote:Didn't get selected for trial #1, back to the pool :fuckyeah:
:Dat: , not appeopriate candidate... :fuckyeah: :like:
The downside about not getting picked is that if that happens, you go straight back to boring-ville until all of the cases are loaded with a full jury. Only then are you allowed to go home. Being sent back isn't always that great.
SixSpeeder

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:35 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:09 pm :Dat: , not appeopriate candidate... :fuckyeah: :like:
The downside about not getting picked is that if that happens, you go straight back to boring-ville until all of the cases are loaded with a full jury. Only then are you allowed to go home. Being sent back isn't always that great.
Yeah but if I get selected for a trial, I'll have to come back here for weeks possibly :nope:
Acid666

SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:46 pm
Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:35 pm

Yeah but if I get selected for a trial, I'll have to come back here for weeks possibly :nope:

Odds of that are pretty slim. Most cases are civil and are over and done within 1-3 days. Criminal cases USUAAAAAAAAAAALLY have people pleading for lesser charges so they don't go to jury as often as you'd think. That shit costs money and most people in those cases are broke and just listen to their lawyers and take the lesser sentence rather than roll the dice.
*snakeyes*
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SixSpeeder wrote:
Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:35 pm The downside about not getting picked is that if that happens, you go straight back to boring-ville until all of the cases are loaded with a full jury. Only then are you allowed to go home. Being sent back isn't always that great.
Claim mental instability? :iono:
SixSpeeder

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:46 pm

Odds of that are pretty slim. Most cases are civil and are over and done within 1-3 days. Criminal cases USUAAAAAAAAAAALLY have people pleading for lesser charges so they don't go to jury as often as you'd think. That shit costs money and most people in those cases are broke and just listen to their lawyers and take the lesser sentence rather than roll the dice.
*snakeyes*
The case that I got out of earlier was criminal, assault with a :knife:
SixSpeeder

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:02 pm
SixSpeeder wrote:
Claim mental instability? :iono:
Claim, sure
SixSpeeder

I have non-refundable plane tickets which is a legit excuse apparently
SixSpeeder

Free, and I don't have to go back tomorrow!! :fuckyeah: :carlton:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I was once selected for jury duty and straight up no call/no showed and nothing negative happened to me. :notsure:
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:03 am I was once selected for jury duty and straight up no call/no showed and nothing negative happened to me. :notsure:
Odds are your group wasn't needed anyways. They might send out 200 notices for that week, and only have like, 5 civil and 2 criminal cases for the week... So they'll cut the jury pool in half and tell em not to show. Usually it's when you call in for the recording and it says if your number ends in an even number, stay home.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Wait a minute ya'll we're talking about jury duty in my eyore thread hahah
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Got word today that my little business is up for Indiana’s ILEA (International Live Events Association) chapter for their Marketing award of the year. :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Sno wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 am Got word today that my little business is up for Indiana’s ILEA (International Live Events Association) chapter for their Marketing award of the year. :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah:

Sno making things happen!
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Sno wrote:Got word today that my little business is up for Indiana’s ILEA (International Live Events Association) chapter for their Marketing award of the year. :fuckyeah:
Congrats and fingers crossed!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I just ate some candy :fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The positive side of the Bang Bus breaking down is that I'm getting over a week of basically free, paid vacation. :fuckyeah:

It's nice to just chill at home. I never do this.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Sno wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 am Got word today that my little business is up for Indiana’s ILEA (International Live Events Association) chapter for their Marketing award of the year. :fuckyeah:
AWESOME
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

You'd win if your logo was displayed proudly on the side of a Ford Transit Connect. That's good marketing.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah: :impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Melon wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:24 pm

You'd win if your logo was displayed proudly on the side of a Ford Transit Connect. That's good marketing.

It’s fucking terrible marketing. You know what brides want to see their planners pull up in? Cute compact white SUVs. Lol I actually just sold a massive package last weekend after throwing the couple in the Fiat and driving them around Columbus pointing out hotels and rehearsal dinner options.

I’ll leave the transit connects to the DJs and the caterers.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.