How life was awesome today: the :fuckyeah: thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:37 pm I may subject to a possibility to actually heading to London for almost a week for work later in this season, though i will book my flight on friday, so i can have the weekend to explore London and being a tourist. It may not be how i envisioned, cause i do plan on renting a car for the time being so i can visit british country side one day, probably seaside and stonehedge. But it is for work and will go with boss, and possibly couple more people. We'll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like some potential fun times, especially if anyone you are going with is cool and you can split off.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:55 pm Got another one, i may have a possibility to be in a double date with a russian girl.

Overall i had a crazy Saturday night first time for a long time, end up getting home at 7 AM.

Deets
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:48 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:55 pm Got another one, i may have a possibility to be in a double date with a russian girl.

Overall i had a crazy Saturday night first time for a long time, end up getting home at 7 AM.

Deets
I have a turkish friend whose kind of rich, got on college here and now got a great job and living here for 2 years. Me, high school friend, him and his lebanese college friend went to a turkish/lebanese restaurant called zaytinya
http://www.zaytinya.com/
I drank like 4 raki's and ate lot of food (glasses are smaller than traditional raki glasses, so it was more like almost 3 glasses), we were all tipsy, but food got us recovered really quick. Then we went to a rooftop nightclub, stayed there until closing at 3 AM. He got hooked up met a russian girl who actually went to Turkey like 5 times. She was with couple of her friends and they invited to an after party at an apartment.

But before that, 4 of us and I visited the "rich" turkish kids' friend(whose also one of the top richest people in Turkey/his dad owns developer company, but he's not a dick by any means) at one of the most expensive penthouses in the Area that has the view of the river and Georgetown. When we got to penthouse for like good 15 minutes, there were 2 mexican gold diggers just basically taking advantage of those guys.

After that we uber'd to that afterparty where that girl invited us, at 5 AM. Met some good people and not so good people (meaning I don't want to make friends with), those fuckers didn't listen about neighbor complaining about noise. 4 of us and couple of girls friends were chilling in the hall, and security already chilling down the hall. Next thing we know, fight just happened and right about that time, the cops showed up to the floor and ran towards them. That was crazy as fuck. Long story short we all got Id's checked, then ended up chilling in the lobby 8 of us. One of the guy that started the fight got hancuffed, about 8 cop cars showed up for a little noise complaint, then a little 1 on 1 fight, no drugs or weapons were there, but cops were overreacting to it.

When we waited for our ubers it was already 7 AM. 4 for us ended up sleeping in my friends place, then got home at 3 in the afternoon.

It's just one of those exhilaratingly and semi sketchy good nights, cause I haven't been in this sort of a situation since 21 I think.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:10 pm
wap wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Deets
I have a turkish friend whose kind of rich, got on college here and now got a great job and living here for 2 years. Me, high school friend, him and his lebanese college friend went to a turkish/lebanese restaurant called zaytinya
I drank like 4 raki's and ate lot of food (glasses are smaller than traditional raki glasses, so it was more like almost 3 glasses), we were all tipsy, but food got us recovered really quick. Then we went to a rooftop nightclub, stayed there until closing at 3 AM. He got hooked up met a russian girl who actually went to Turkey like 5 times. She was with couple of her friends and they invited to an after party at an apartment.

But before that, 4 of us and I visited the "rich" turkish kids' friend(whose also one of the top richest people in Turkey/his dad owns developer company, but he's not a dick by any means) at one of the most expensive penthouses in the Area that has the view of the river and Georgetown. When we got to penthouse for like good 15 minutes, there were 2 mexican gold diggers just basically taking advantage of those guys.

After that we uber'd to that afterparty where that girl invited us, at 5 AM. Met some good people and not so good people (meaning I don't want to make friends with), those fuckers didn't listen about neighbor complaining about noise. 4 of us and couple of girls friends were chilling in the hall, and security already chilling down the hall. Next thing we know, fight just happened and right about that time, the cops showed up to the floor and ran towards them. That was crazy as fuck. Long story short we all got Id's checked, then ended up chilling in the lobby 8 of us. One of the guy that started the fight got hancuffed, about 8 cop cars showed up for a little noise complaint, then a little 1 on 1 fight, no drugs or weapons were there, but cops were overreacting to it.

When we waited for our ubers it was already 7 AM. 4 for us ended up sleeping in my friends place, then got home at 3 in the afternoon.

It's just one of those exhilaratingly and semi sketchy good nights, cause I haven't been in this sort of a situation since 21 I think.
Dang! That's quite a story!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:10 pm I have a turkish friend whose kind of rich, got on college here and now got a great job and living here for 2 years. Me, high school friend, him and his lebanese college friend went to a turkish/lebanese restaurant called zaytinya

But nevertheless, bad decisions (although this doesn't really count) makes great memories

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:43 pm
wap wrote:
But nevertheless, bad decisions (although this doesn't really count) makes great memories

As long as you survive them. lol
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Married for a year today. Been with my lovely lady for 11 years as of today. Pretty dang :alpo: far as in concerned.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

rockchops wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:49 pm Married for a year today. Been with my lovely lady for 11 years as of today. Pretty dang :alpo: far as in concerned.
That's awesome dude! :fuckyeah:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

rockchops wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:49 pm Married for a year today. Been with my lovely lady for 11 years as of today. Pretty dang :alpo: far as in concerned.
Congrats!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Keep it up! :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Do you consider your year of married time any different than the five years before it?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

:notbad:
Well done!
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Went for a nice little hike with the pup, the weather was :fuckyeah:

dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Desertbreh wrote:
Do you consider your year of married time any different than the five years before it?
Better wine.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Went and saw a house for rent on the east side of Austin. It's the first place I saw in person the owner is super chill and it checks alllllllll the boxes. I think I found mah next place. A return to garage and grilling hopefully coming very soon.

https://austin.craigslist.org/apa/d/hou ... 50374.html
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:58 pm Went and saw a house for rent on the east side of Austin. It's the first place I saw in person the owner is super chill and it checks alllllllll the boxes. I think I found mah next place. A return to garage and grilling hopefully coming very soon.

neat. Is it just for the rear structure with the garage?
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:12 pm neat. Is it just for the rear structure with the garage?
Yup. It's a 1100 sq ft + 500 sq ft garage add on to the property. Main house is rented and the tenants were home, seemed cool, looks like they get along w/owner well.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:15 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:12 pm neat. Is it just for the rear structure with the garage?
Yup. It's a 1100 sq ft + 500 sq ft garage add on to the property. Main house is rented and the tenants were home, seemed cool, looks like they get along w/owner well.
neat. air conditioned garage is a win. Like, yuge win. Bastard.
:jelly: :jelly: :jelly: :jelly:
:jelly: :fax: :jelly:
:jelly: :jelly: :jelly: :jelly:
brain go brrrrrr
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:58 pm Went and saw a house for rent on the east side of Austin. It's the first place I saw in person the owner is super chill and it checks alllllllll the boxes. I think I found mah next place. A return to garage and grilling hopefully coming very soon.

:notbad:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:17 pm neat. air conditioned garage is a win. Like, yuge win. Bastard.
Not exactly. It's insulated so with the door to the house open and the A/C on, it'll cool off. It'll be nice though, but it is not specifically air conditioned. Upper and lower levels have separate thermostats.

Standing in it today with the door closed and the A/C off since the place is empty, it was comfy. Much excite.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Yeah so the unsaid/unseen things... it's 2 miles from work and the bar/restaurant area on the east side, totally bike-able e'rywhere, all the time. I'll likely bike more because there aren't as many places directly adjacent to walk to, but I'm fine with that. Rent may seem high, but I'm paying $1600 (would be $1695 if I renew) + $330 for a storage area for all the car shit. Extra little bit a month is well worth it to have all the tools and toys on site and in a spot where it won't suck to work on shit even in summer. I'm pumped. Should be signing the lease in a day or two.

I was going to work with a realtor to find a place and sent him this with the details and that I was ready to jump on it. He called back and said "while I'd love to tell you I can find 5 more places like this in your budget, I can't and you should take this. Now. I'll review the lease for you at no charge.". Playing for dat future business.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

stripethree wrote:Yeah so the unsaid/unseen things... it's 2 miles from work and the bar/restaurant area on the east side, totally bike-able e'rywhere, all the time. I'll likely bike more because there aren't as many places directly adjacent to walk to, but I'm fine with that. Rent may seem high, but I'm paying $1600 (would be $1695 if I renew) + $330 for a storage area for all the car shit. Extra little bit a month is well worth it to have all the tools and toys on site and in a spot where it won't suck to work on shit even in summer. I'm pumped. Should be signing the lease in a day or two.

I was going to work with a realtor to find a place and sent him this with the details and that I was ready to jump on it. He called back and said "while I'd love to tell you I can find 5 more places like this in your budget, I can't and you should take this. Now. I'll review the lease for you at no charge.". Playing for dat future business.
Back before I moved into slum sexual assault paradise, I looked for a garage apartment setup like this and couldn't find one anywhere in the Charlotte area, it's definitely a nice find.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:35 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:17 pm neat. air conditioned garage is a win. Like, yuge win. Bastard.
Not exactly. It's insulated so with the door to the house open and the A/C on, it'll cool off. It'll be nice though, but it is not specifically air conditioned. Upper and lower levels have separate thermostats.

Standing in it today with the door closed and the A/C off since the place is empty, it was comfy. Much excite.
life hack:
open door and set big fan near opening to blow cool air in. it will cool off pretty fast. I've done this trick on really hot days in my uninsulated garage. Set house AC to ON. Buy a candle for the misuses. still :jelly: :fax:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:23 pm Yeah so the unsaid/unseen things... it's 2 miles from work and the bar/restaurant area on the east side, totally bike-able e'rywhere, all the time. I'll likely bike more because there aren't as many places directly adjacent to walk to, but I'm fine with that. Rent may seem high, but I'm paying $1600 (would be $1695 if I renew) + $330 for a storage area for all the car shit. Extra little bit a month is well worth it to have all the tools and toys on site and in a spot where it won't suck to work on shit even in summer. I'm pumped. Should be signing the lease in a day or two.

:alpo:
brain go brrrrrr