How life was awesome today: the :fuckyeah: thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:06 pm Had a goal and 2 assists in a 5-1 hockey game tonight, hit the post once too. Now my legs are toast :doe: since we were low on players - I played the entire game, no one was on the bench. Won a bunch of faceoffs too, was probably my best game ever.
:impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:Had a goal and 2 assists in a 5-1 hockey game tonight, hit the post once too. Now my legs are toast :doe: since we were low on players - I played the entire game, no one was on the bench. Won a bunch of faceoffs too, was probably my best game ever.
:fuckyeah:

I miss hockey.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Yup. Reindeer games.

The good, we came out with the top amount of the teams.
The bad, this was basically our Christmas bonus. Usually it's significantly larger, but I'm not sweating it. My boss treats is really well, and he did give me a raise that was really close to my last raise so I totally wasn't expecting it.

Also, our gift was a complete Dewalt toolbox set, along with wall rack thingy to hang them all. Something I'll find VERY handy.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:06 pm Had a goal and 2 assists in a 5-1 hockey game tonight, hit the post once too. Now my legs are toast :doe: since we were low on players - I played the entire game, no one was on the bench. Won a bunch of faceoffs too, was probably my best game ever.
Jesus. That's a long ass time. I've played indoor soccer and breathing in that air conditioned air is killer and gets you winded in a matter of minutes.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yesterday ended on a positive note. So I came out in the morning to my car with egg all over it, and neighbors cars with egg on them as well. Some asshole kids or something. Cleaned that shit off and found out my roof paint is rather fucked, with tiny holes going to bare metal typical of egg shell damage. Balls.

So on the more positive side of things....
-My comp deductible is $500, lowered from when I had the GTI because of my bank which I thought was :bs: at the time but it'll actually help cover this.
-Coming home my street was deserted so I parked right in front of my house and washed it, there doesn't appear to be any other paint damage.
-GF's parents took us out to dinner at Bing Bing which is an awesome place for dim sum. I had a few beers and got a bit :drunk:
-This morning I was dreading having to wedge my car out of the spot but my neighbor who parked in front of me left just before I did so it was an easy exit.
-My car is clean and looks awesome. First wash it's ever had.
-Puppy is at day care so she'll be tired when I get home.

:notbad: overall I guess. I'll let insurance take care of the car, so that'll get sorted out and shouldn't affect my rates.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 am Yesterday ended on a positive note. So I came out in the morning to my car with egg all over it, and neighbors cars with egg on them as well. Some asshole kids or something. Cleaned that shit off and found out my roof paint is rather fucked, with tiny holes going to bare metal typical of egg shell damage. Balls.

So on the more positive side of things....
-My comp deductible is $500, lowered from when I had the GTI because of my bank which I thought was :bs: at the time but it'll actually help cover this.
-Coming home my street was deserted so I parked right in front of my house and washed it, there doesn't appear to be any other paint damage.
-GF's parents took us out to dinner at Bing Bing which is an awesome place for dim sum. I had a few beers and got a bit :drunk:
-This morning I was dreading having to wedge my car out of the spot but my neighbor who parked in front of me left just before I did so it was an easy exit.
-My car is clean and looks awesome. First wash it's ever had.
-Puppy is at day care so she'll be tired when I get home.

:notbad: overall I guess. I'll let insurance take care of the car, so that'll get sorted out and shouldn't affect my rates.
Glad your day ended better than it started.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:38 am My bonus for the year was $5/car sold, which at 139.5 cars, was half-decent. I'll take it.
Tell me about this 1/2 a car.....
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Tell me about this 1/2 a car.....
Split deal with a fellow comrade :dillerman:
Or that time you sold that cute chick the Smart car.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

I discovered gin and tonic yesterday. I am having it now.

*reserved for no content*
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

NEEK wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:29 pm I discovered gin and tonic yesterday. I am having it now.

Gin and tonic is my favorite. A little lemon and fresh basil will change your life. Add some mulled blueberries to that mix as well if you’re feeling extra fancy. Oh, and Bombay Saphire all day long.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
wap

NEEK wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:29 pm I discovered gin and tonic yesterday. I am having it now.

Try gin with Squirt.
wap

Or ginger ale.
wap

Sno wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Gin and tonic is my favorite. A little lemon and fresh basil will change your life. Add some mulled blueberries to that mix as well if you’re feeling extra fancy. Oh, and Bombay Saphire all day long.
Yes to Bombay, but do yourself a favor and try New Amsterdam. It just might be better.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

So I can finally disclose why I'm getting a large chunk of money from my employer.

:notsure: if this will ultimately be :fuckyeah: or :rage: for me, but I'm leaning towards :fuckyeah:

Peter Gabriel is selling our company to a larger audio group based in England. They own three other English audio mixing console manufacturers, so we will be the fourth. It's interesting, we directly compete with two of their brands, one in live sound consoles, one in broadcast consoles. We are the world leader in music mixing boards and they don't really cover that at all, so they'll be adding that to the arsenal and keeping all of the competing products around, the individual manufacturers remain separate. The idea is sharing R&D, operational costs, things like that I guess. For all customer facing roles such as mine, they want to keep everyone exactly as we are, given we have the strongest brand recognition and fan base in the industry.

For me, this seems like a good thing. Basically I'll be a part of a much larger company so potentially more future options if desired and possibly in better locations. Also, thanks to Peter, I'm getting a pretty large chunk of dough due to being invited into this profit sharing scheme this year. Nothing life changing, not sure of the exact numbers, but more than 10% of my annual salary, which is significant for me. I can use this to totally pay off the remainder of my student loans or maybe save for a house or something.

Here is our press release if anyone cares: http://www.solidstatelogic.com/news/sol ... tor=Studio
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:31 pm So I can finally disclose why I'm getting a large chunk of money from my employer.

:notsure: if this will ultimately be :fuckyeah: or :rage: for me, but I'm leaning towards :fuckyeah:

Peter Gabriel is selling our company to a larger audio group based in England. They own three other English audio mixing console manufacturers, so we will be the fourth. It's interesting, we directly compete with two of their brands, one in live sound consoles, one in broadcast consoles. We are the world leader in music mixing boards and they don't really cover that at all, so they'll be adding that to the arsenal and keeping all of the competing products around, the individual manufacturers remain separate. The idea is sharing R&D, operational costs, things like that I guess. For all customer facing roles such as mine, they want to keep everyone exactly as we are, given we have the strongest brand recognition and fan base in the industry.

For me, this seems like a good thing. Basically I'll be a part of a much larger company so potentially more future options if desired and possibly in better locations. Also, thanks to Peter, I'm getting a pretty large chunk of dough due to being invited into this profit sharing scheme this year. Nothing life changing, not sure of the exact numbers, but more than 10% of my annual salary, which is significant for me. I can use this to totally pay off the remainder of my student loans or maybe save for a house or something.

Here is our press release if anyone cares: http://www.solidstatelogic.com/news/sol ... tor=Studio
:fuckyeah: Griff!
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:31 pm So I can finally disclose why I'm getting a large chunk of money from my employer.

:fuckyeah: :Awesome! Congrats. Enjoy that :troywax:
Good idea to attack dem student loans.
wap

Mailed the final payment on our house today.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:53 pm Mailed the final payment on our house today.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Nice WAP!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote:Mailed the final payment on our house today.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wap wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:53 pm Mailed the final payment on our house today.
:megusta:

prepay your property taxes for next year too :thankstrump:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Time to increase the pinshit budget!
wap

Thanks guys. Much excite. Hard to believe we're actually done with it. We have to contact the county recorders office in about 90 days to get our deed then we'll officially own our house outright.

Zero debt is a :fuckyeah: feeling for sure.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:04 pm
:megusta:

prepay your property taxes for next year too :thankstrump:
We don't escrow so we pay them when we get billed. Next payment will be due in June.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:06 pm
Time to increase the pinshit budget!
:disgust: :nope:

:lolol: