How life sucked donkey balls today: the :eeyore : thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I don't know what the difference is but this is "careless" instead of "reckless" which is listed as a different charge. I cross the inside line around that ramp every day in order to be up to speed at the end since there is no merge lane and limited visibility. :iono:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 am

It definitely depends on the incident but I’m pro-LEO so I wouldn’t put myself in a situation where I can make myself more guilty than I am in any certain situation.

:iono:

Not all people are like that doe. :roadpirate: and whatnot. :aintcare:

Nothing is 100% foolproof, though. But the way you carry yourself and address the officer (as well as any other human being you interact with) will go a long way
FWIW I’m not advocating arguing or being a dick to the LEO, act professionally, be polite, but also don’t incriminate yourself. Answer only what’s being asked.

Obviously every situation is different, sometimes :narc: gonna :narc: because they can. Sometimes :narc: gonna back off because :narc: didnt have the evidence and you didn’t incriminate yourself.
And sometimes :narc: are gonna be decent people because 99% of them are.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:26 am I don't know what the difference is but this is "careless" instead of "reckless" which is listed as a different charge. I cross the inside line around that ramp every day in order to be up to speed at the end since there is no merge lane and limited visibility. :iono:
Well there’s your answer. crossing the line would definitely fall under careless driving, and you know you did it (even if you don’t agree with it). It will most likely not get thrown out but you can definitely go and ask for adjudication to be withheld and no points.

Be honest.

“Your honor, I drive this route every single day, and I try my best to be as efficient as I can both for the sake of others and myself. Sometimes, I take a line that crosses the line because it allows me to have a better view of the merge ramp to anticipate traffic. I would never purposely drive in a manner that would be dangerous to myself or others on the road around me, and it was a genuine moment of oversight on my behalf.”
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:30 am
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:26 am I don't know what the difference is but this is "careless" instead of "reckless" which is listed as a different charge. I cross the inside line around that ramp every day in order to be up to speed at the end since there is no merge lane and limited visibility. :iono:
Well there’s your answer. crossing the line would definitely fall under careless driving, and you know you did it (even if you don’t agree with it). It will most likely not get thrown out but you can definitely go and ask for adjudication to be withheld and no points.

Be honest.

“Your honor, I drive this route every single day, and I try my best to be as efficient as I can both for the sake of others and myself. Sometimes, I take a line that crosses the line because it allows me to have a better view of the merge ramp to anticipate traffic. I would never purposely drive in a manner that would be dangerous to myself or others on the road around me, and it was a genuine moment of oversight on my behalf.”
Nah :mahtroy: is going to stroll into court with a "Fuck tha police" shirt and demand his charges be dropped, because :stig:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

legal. the solid white line is "hey you can use me, but be really careful, ok?"
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Be honest.

w-w-wrong
On multi-lane roads with medians, broken white lines usually separate the lanes of traffic going in the same direction. Solid yellow lines mark the left side of the road and solid white lines mark the right side. A single solid white line is intended to discourage, but not prohibit you from changing lanes.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Apex wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 am

Be honest.

Nah :mahtroy: is going to stroll into court with a "Fuck tha police" shirt and demand his charges be dropped, because :stig:
Again, I could care less what :mahtroy: does. But being decent will never go over the wrong way with ANYONE in any sort of interaction.

Being honest and recognizing that just how the officer might’ve made a mistake, we all make miatakes, and being honest with yourself and other will go a long way.

It’s 100% dependent on attitude and humility. As of what :mahtroy: just posted, he was both:

Speeding, and
Driving carelessly (as he admitted he crossed the white line)

So he really should have no expectation for getting either knocked out because “He wants it” :baby: :sass:

Take it like it is because you are responsible, or go to court and ask for mercy on the charges and maybe get no points and adjudication withheld (which means they won’t judge you for the charges)
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:36 am

Be honest.

w-w-wrong
On multi-lane roads with medians, broken white lines usually separate the lanes of traffic going in the same direction. Solid yellow lines mark the left side of the road and solid white lines mark the right side. A single solid white line is intended to discourage, but not prohibit you from changing lanes.
Forgive the possibility of me being dense but didn’t :mahtroy: say he was on a single-lane on-ramp? If so, careless driving will apply because legally he failed to maintain his lane.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

This is the inside yellow line around the ramp, before a near instant merge to the left as it straightens out. Crossing it puts absolutely no one in any danger whatsoever.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:40 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:36 am

w-w-wrong
Forgive the possibility of me being dense but didn’t :mahtroy: say he was on a single-lane on-ramp? If so, careless driving will apply because legally he failed to maintain his lane.
details. but In above post Troy says its yellow, so mute point, he is boned.

Best bet is to go 'splain yourself in court and beg for a plea down to non-moving. Or lawyer up and pay him to do it for a nominal fee.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:52 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:40 am

details. but In above post Troy says its yellow, so mute point, he is boned.

Best bet is to go 'splain yourself in court and beg for a plea down to non-moving. Or lawyer up and pay him to do it for a nominal fee.
I would go in person. Shows the judge that you care, and you save some lawyer fees.

Plus, I’d just go and be honest. Re: my post that you replied to. Just be humble and tell them it was a mistake.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Apex wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 am

Be honest.

:lolol: would go to court date just to see this.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:28 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 am

FWIW I’m not advocating arguing or being a dick to the LEO, act professionally, be polite, but also don’t incriminate yourself. Answer only what’s being asked.

Obviously every situation is different, sometimes :narc: gonna :narc: because they can. Sometimes :narc: gonna back off because :narc: didnt have the evidence and you didn’t incriminate yourself.
I feel like you’re interpreting my comments as anti- :narc:

I would agree that generally speaking that 99% of cops are good people.

My points are these:
1). If you’re getting pulled over, you probably did something wrong (assumes you’re a white middle-ages male or female).
2). Don’t incriminate yourself through statements or dashcam video when speaking with the LEO
3). Use the court system to argue your case if needed.
4). Be aware that your dashcam video could be used against if obtained as evidence and shows you’re in the wrong.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
razr390

4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:16 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:28 am

I feel like you’re interpreting my comments as anti- :narc:

I would agree that generally speaking that 99% of cops are good people.

My points are these:
1). If you’re getting pulled over, you probably did something wrong (assumes you’re a white middle-ages male or female).
2). Don’t incriminate yourself through statements or dashcam video when speaking with the LEO
3). Use the court system to argue your case if needed.
4). Be aware that your dashcam video could be used against if obtained as evidence and shows you’re in the wrong.
100%. :bravo:

In other words, don’t be stupid
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 am I don't trust my radar detector anymore. I feel like laser is getting too common, though I have no evidence to back that up.

My radar detector has more than paid for itself through the years, though. But lately, I just don't speed.

65 in 55, doe...I would do that. That's some :bs: unless you crossed the line or something.
For whatever reason, CA HP is all Ka, all the time. Laser just isn't a thing here, which is nice.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

My dog probably has a torn ACL. Getting xrays to confirm today
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:35 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:19 am My dog probably has a torn ACL. Getting xrays to confirm today
Fuccckkkk that sucks
:dat: :(

How does that happen?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:43 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:35 am

Fuccckkkk that sucks

How does that happen?
Prob running. She likes to run. There has been a limp for awhile, it got better, but got worse.

This is probably the equivalent of a death sentence for her doe, unless there is a non-surgical treatment option. Besides the money, the recovery involves kenneling the dog for 6 weeks. My dog hates the kennel. She'd just re injure it trying to get out. :(
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:48 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:43 am

How does that happen?
Prob running. She likes to run. There has been a limp for awhile, it got better, but got worse.

This is probably the equivalent of a death sentence for her doe, unless there is a non-surgical treatment option. Besides the money, the recovery involves kenneling the dog for 6 weeks. My dog hates the kennel. She'd just re injure it trying to get out. :(
They can probably put her on sedatives
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:19 am My dog probably has a torn ACL. Getting xrays to confirm today
:(
Poor :doge:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Well the dog does have a torn ACL, vet says not a surgery candidate due to moderate hip dysplasia on top of the ACL.

Treatment is steroids and rest, and see how it goes.
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 am Well the dog does have a torn ACL, vet says not a surgery candidate due to moderate hip dysplasia on top of the ACL.

:(
Good luck to the :doge: :doe: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That was a ten grander out here in the land of fruits and nuts.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:58 pm
That was a ten grander out here in the land of fruits and nuts.
Dat dag :doe:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 am Well the dog does have a torn ACL, vet says not a surgery candidate due to moderate hip dysplasia on top of the ACL.

Will have to :scoot: