How life sucked donkey balls today: the :eeyore : thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

The ROAV is great quality for the cost, and Anker’s Customer service is 5/7

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Is defendant-provided dash cam evidence truly accepted in court? Seems like it would be too easy to fake for the court to accept.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:39 am Is defendant-provided dash cam evidence truly accepted in court? Seems like it would be too easy to fake for the court to accept.
I’m sure they can consider it.

The detectives that came to my house to retrieve that footage said it’ll help them in court (re: police chase).

It’s all about how you introduce it. At the end of the day he would use it to argue against the reckless driving charge, not speeding.

“Your honor, I do have a windshield mounted camera for my safety in case of accidents or any other incidents. I actually have saved footage regarding this traffic stop and the events that preceded it. If I may be allowed to show it, you will see that while I was indeed going above the speed limit, I was not driving recklessly.”

:iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Also, my dashcam caught an accident and the Florida Highway Patrol used it as evidence.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:53 am Got pulled over and ticketed tonight for doing 65 around a ramp from one 55 mph road to another... in a Pontiac Vibe on winter tires with no squeals whatsoever, nowhere near the limit or any other vehicles. "Careless Driving" = some number of points and like $200 in fines plus who the fuck knows how much in additional insurance costs for the rest of my god damn life.

Fuck the police. Find someone actually causing trouble instead of robbing me.
Radar detector
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:47 am
troyguitar wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:53 am Got pulled over and ticketed tonight for doing 65 around a ramp from one 55 mph road to another... in a Pontiac Vibe on winter tires with no squeals whatsoever, nowhere near the limit or any other vehicles. "Careless Driving" = some number of points and like $200 in fines plus who the fuck knows how much in additional insurance costs for the rest of my god damn life.

Fuck the police. Find someone actually causing trouble instead of robbing me.
Radar detector
that too, mine is mounted semi -permanently. Its easily paid for itself.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dash cam is double-edge sword though - can be used against you present it during discovery or it's subpoena'd
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
razr390

4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:49 am dash cam is double-edge sword though - can be used against you present it during discovery or it's subpoena'd

Usually you can just have it contain the videos related to the incident and that’s all. Ethically they shouldn’t be allowed to view videos that aren’t related to the incident in question. Additionally, they can’t present new charges based on that evidence either.

Theoretically, they can only use evidence provided (by both parties) to rule a judgment for the charges at hand. They can’t add more charges because video shows something else.
razr390

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:47 am

Radar detector
My friend has a :waxer: radar detector that is GPS based and can detect activity 2 miles down the road. We have tried it and it actually works.

It’s the Passport Max 360
Last edited by razr390 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
razr390

VA is no radar detectors :sad:
ChrisoftheNorth

I don't trust my radar detector anymore. I feel like laser is getting too common, though I have no evidence to back that up.

My radar detector has more than paid for itself through the years, though. But lately, I just don't speed.

65 in 55, doe...I would do that. That's some :bs: unless you crossed the line or something.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 am

My friend has a :waxer: radar detector that is GPS based and can detect activity 2 miles down the road. We have tried it and it actually works.

Don't you have to pay a subscription to use it?
razr390

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 am I don't trust my radar detector anymore. I feel like laser is getting too common, though I have no evidence to back that up.

My radar detector has more than paid for itself through the years, though. But lately, I just don't speed.

65 in 55, doe...I would do that. That's some :bs: unless you crossed the line or something.
Maybe :mahtroy: was :drunk: and :troywax: a LC slice in one hand.

Laser/Radar combo is getting more common nowadays. Many :waxer: supercars owners at shows have $1,000 radar detectors and laser jammers in the front and rear hardwired to the car
razr390

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:55 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 am

Don't you have to pay a subscription to use it?
I don’t think so. I can ask and see
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:51 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:49 am dash cam is double-edge sword though - can be used against you present it during discovery or it's subpoena'd

Usually you can just have it contain the videos related to the incident and that’s all. Ethically they shouldn’t be allowed to view videos that aren’t related to the incident in question. Additionally, they can’t present new charges based on that evidence either.

Theoretically, they can only use evidence provided (by both parties) to rule a judgment for the charges at hand. They can’t add more charges because video shows something else.
Agree on the new charges, but if you're denying a charge (pleading not guilty), and the prosecutor is aware of certain evidence that might support their case, then it can be subpoena'd. It's not the LEO asking for the video (definitely wouldn't show it to them regardless of the situation) , it's the court/prosecutor that might come after it. If you're going to present it as evidence to support your side of the story, the prosecutors have a right to review the material as well before it makes it to court.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
razr390

4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:51 am

Agree on the new charges, but if you're denying a charge (pleading not guilty), and the prosecutor is aware of certain evidence that might support their case, then it can be subpoena'd. It's not the LEO asking for the video (definitely wouldn't show it to them regardless of the situation) , it's the court/prosecutor that might come after it. If you're going to present it as evidence to support your side of the story, the prosecutors have a right to review the material as well before it makes it to court.
If it proves my innocence in a charge I’d have no problem with them reviewing the clips
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:00 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 am

If it proves my innocence in a charge I’d have no problem with them reviewing the clips
You'd share with the LEO or the court? One of those you have a choice (unless they have a warrant), and the other you don't.
My point is, what if it doesn't prove your innocence? Are you still going to show it to them?
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:02 am

You'd share with the LEO or the court? One of those you have a choice (unless they have a warrant), and the other you don't.
My point is, what if it doesn't prove your innocence? Are you still going to show it to them?
:dat:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

FWIW - I wouldn't argue or support anything a LEO is asking me or ticketing me at the time of the interaction. If there's a discussion to be had about what you did or didn't do, it should be done in court.
razr390

If I was :fullretard: driving over 100mph, weaving in and out of lanes and cutting people off, I wouldn’t show it.

If I was polite, cordial, decent to the cop and even though I was speeding didn’t drive recklessly, I’d show it to the court.

Officer will see the video regardless because they will show up to the hearing/court date.

:aintcare: at the end of the day in my opinion, they can view it as 1 of 2 ways, but it’s ALL ABOUT HOW YOU APPROACH IT.

“Your honor, I have this camera to ensure that I protect myself and others in any event or incident.” It shows that you care about yourself and others and are holding yourself accountable.
razr390

4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:05 am FWIW - I wouldn't argue or support anything a LEO is asking me or ticketing me at the time of the interaction. If there's a discussion to be had about what you did or didn't do, it should be done in court.
:dat:

If I get pulled over I tell the officer two things:

1. I have a gun in the car and I am a concealed carry permit holder.

2. I have a windshield dashcam that is recording video/audio.

Then I’ll follow all commands and do as I’m requested by law to do. If there is something I disagree with I can go to court and defend myself there. I’m not going to get into a debate with a cop on the side of the road where his nerves are at an all time high and I’m mad that I’m getting ticketed.

At the end of the day cops don’t pull you over for no reason.
razr390

I got pulled over for speeding once and I was super nice and decent to the officer, informed him at all times where my hands are going and what I’m retrieving, and then I thanked him for what he does and he didn’t even run my license.

Another time I tried to tell a Trooper that I didn’t do what she said I did while cars were passing us by at 70-100mph and i got the ticket.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:05 am
If I was :fullretard: driving over 100mph, weaving in and out of lanes and cutting people off, I wouldn’t show it.

If I was polite, cordial, decent to the cop and even though I was speeding didn’t drive recklessly, I’d show it to the court.

Officer will see the video regardless because they will show up to the hearing/court date.

:aintcare: at the end of the day in my opinion, they can view it as 1 of 2 ways, but it’s ALL ABOUT HOW YOU APPROACH IT.

“Your honor, I have this camera to ensure that I protect myself and others in any event or incident.” It shows that you care about yourself and others and are holding yourself accountable.
Not saying they're a bad thing, just saying they aren't 100% full proof in protecting you either.

Sometimes you're better off admitting to nothing even when you're in the wrong when there's a lack of physical evidence.
razr390

4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:12 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:05 am

Not saying they're a bad thing, just saying they aren't 100% full proof in protecting you either.

Sometimes you're better off admitting to nothing even when you're in the wrong when there's a lack of physical evidence.
It definitely depends on the incident but I’m pro-LEO so I wouldn’t put myself in a situation where I can make myself more guilty than I am in any certain situation.

Not all people are like that doe. :roadpirate: and whatnot. :aintcare:

Nothing is 100% foolproof, though. But the way you carry yourself and address the officer (as well as any other human being you interact with) will go a long way
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:12 am

It definitely depends on the incident but I’m pro-LEO so I wouldn’t put myself in a situation where I can make myself more guilty than I am in any certain situation.

Not all people are like that doe. :roadpirate: and whatnot. :aintcare:

Nothing is 100% foolproof, though. But the way you carry yourself and address the officer (as well as any other human being you interact with) will go a long way
FWIW I’m not advocating arguing or being a dick to the LEO, act professionally, be polite, but also don’t incriminate yourself. Answer only what’s being asked.

Obviously every situation is different, sometimes :narc: gonna :narc: because they can. Sometimes :narc: gonna back off because :narc: didnt have the evidence and you didn’t incriminate yourself.