Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:09 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Are you getting rid of the GTI?
I already sold the GTI 10 months ago :hue:
:ohdang:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:29 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:09 pm

I already sold the GTI 10 months ago :hue:
I thought you knew haha, I guess that makes me to :plac: twice this year.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:20 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:29 pm

I thought you knew haha, I guess that makes me to :plac: twice this year.
Did not know that!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Hawaii continues to be dope.

Drove to Rainbow Falls. Checked out the volcano on the big island since it’s active right now, but didn’t see any lava. Possibly high point of the trip was snorkeling Sunday night with manta rays right off the coast in Kona. Holy shit. So rad. Big 11’ ray swimming right up against us bumping into us and stuff. Saw four in total during the hour we were out there, three smaller ones and then the big gal that was swimming right with us as she fed on the plankton. Got a video from a GoPro that I’ll have to upload when we’re home. 5/7 worth the cost.

Flew to Maui the next day and been hanging with my uncle here. Swam with sea turtles, jumped off cliffs into the ocean, had sushi and sashimi so good that I won’t want to eat it anywhere else again.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:20 am Hawaii continues to be dope.

Drove to Rainbow Falls. Checked out the volcano on the big island since it’s active right now, but didn’t see any lava. Possibly high point of the trip was snorkeling Sunday night with manta rays right off the coast in Kona. Holy shit. So rad. Big 11’ ray swimming right up against us bumping into us and stuff. Saw four in total during the hour we were out there, three smaller ones and then the big gal that was swimming right with us as she fed on the plankton. Got a video from a GoPro that I’ll have to upload when we’re home. 5/7 worth the cost.

Flew to Maui the next day and been hanging with my uncle here. Swam with sea turtles, jumped off cliffs into the ocean, had sushi and sashimi so good that I won’t want to eat it anywhere else again.
Hell yeah man! The Big Island snorkeling was the best I’ve ever experienced by far. We did a lot of those destinations as well, so much fun. I love that Hawaii is simultaneously so full of adventure and yet very relaxing and chill.

Find some hole in the wall poke places as well if you have time :drool:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Nice my dude.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:nice: :fuckyeah: glad you guys are having a wonderful time. Also cannot wait to see the gorpo footy
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:21 am Image

:megusta:
Glad you're having a great time!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Update on the car, it turns out that the spec I was looking at is on order, so the car will be delivered on the 29th, already put my deposit on it. Gonna sort out the insurance, etc. :fuckyeah:

Also I have test drove the sport 1.5t with the cvt with the sales breh, I really really like the way it drives, reminds me of my 2004 TSX in a lot of ways. The cvt is better than my hrv, considering that you're in boost whenever you accelerate. So needless to say I am not regretting my decision. It soaks up bumps/imperfections amazingly well, it was fun to take it on ramps as well (even the sales breh asked me to try the handling).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:41 pm Update on the car, it turns out that the spec I was looking at is on order, so the car will be delivered on the 29th, already put my deposit on it. Gonna sort out the insurance, etc. :fuckyeah:

Also I have test drove the sport 1.5t with the cvt with the sales breh, I really really like the way it drives, reminds me of my 2004 TSX in a lot of ways. The cvt is better than my hrv, considering that you're in boost whenever you accelerate. So needless to say I am not regretting my decision. It soaks up bumps/imperfections amazingly well, it was fun to take it on ramps as well (even the sales breh asked me to try the handling).
Those Accords are genuinely very nice cars and the 2.0T is very quick. I think you'll enjoy it a lot more than the Passport.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Fack, had a call with my boss and he was pretty much like 'you seem very checked out and act like you don't GAF about anything'...
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:10 pm Fack, had a call with my boss and he was pretty much like 'you seem very checked out and act like you don't GAF about anything'...
When I quit Stellanus, my boss said "I'm not surprised, you've been checked out for a while."

:lolol:

Use this as an opportunity to ask for some career progression talks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:16 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:10 pm Fack, had a call with my boss and he was pretty much like 'you seem very checked out and act like you don't GAF about anything'...
When I quit Stellanus, my boss said "I'm not surprised, you've been checked out for a while."

I mean... it did go into that. He was honestly really cool about it, was basically like 'you're smart and we like you a lot, you have a big future here if you want it, but you have to be a professional for that to work out'.

He is very much :notwrong: :lolol:

:iono: I am just :notsure: I really want career progression. Bleh, working sucks.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:16 pm

I mean... it did go into that. He was honestly really cool about it, was basically like 'you're smart and we like you a lot, you have a big future here if you want it, but you have to be a professional for that to work out'.

:iono: I am just :notsure: I really want career progression. Bleh, working sucks.
See, the problem is bosses assume career progression means promotion. So their suggestion is to be professional, tow the company line, "pay your dues" and you'll have a "bright future". But that's only for certain people that are motivated by that. In your case, it's not so much about promotion as it is doing something else. That's where you may need to be more clear to get what you want I think.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

I listened to a podcast yesterday about a ancient civilization that abandoned their permanent settlements and decided to go back to hunter/gathering. At least that's their theory.

Food for thought
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:53 pm I listened to a podcast yesterday about a ancient civilization that abandoned their permanent settlements and decided to go back to hunter/gathering. At least that's their theory.

Food for thought
Name for the said podcast, I started listening to spotify podcasts on roadtrips and my old commute, now I barely have time to listen to those.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:53 pm I listened to a podcast yesterday about a ancient civilization that abandoned their permanent settlements and decided to go back to hunter/gathering. At least that's their theory.

Food for thought
Which civilization was that?
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:41 pm Update on the car, it turns out that the spec I was looking at is on order, so the car will be delivered on the 29th, already put my deposit on it. Gonna sort out the insurance, etc. :fuckyeah:

Nice! I had a 2.0t EX-L Accord for awhile. Loved the interior and how spacious it was. I went with the EX-L over the Sport for just a better stereo basically. I probably should have went with the Sport honestly.

I eventually got rid of it because of back issues and I couldn't get comfortable in the seats. No idea if it was just me and my body type or what. I absolutely loved the engine and transmission though. It's a big reason why we have an Acura RDX now.
wap

I seem to have totally misplaced my give-a-fuck. Anybody see it?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:32 pm

See, the problem is bosses assume career progression means promotion. So their suggestion is to be professional, tow the company line, "pay your dues" and you'll have a "bright future". But that's only for certain people that are motivated by that. In your case, it's not so much about promotion as it is doing something else. That's where you may need to be more clear to get what you want I think.
Well, I did apply for another position within the company... they sent me an assessment thing which I completed this morning. Based on that, I'm thinking that there was a meeting discussing me as a candidate for this position and someone was like 'Dan Griffin is a sarcastic douche with a bad attitude' or something along those lines, hence the call from him.

:iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 am I seem to have totally misplaced my give-a-fuck. Anybody see it?
Probably with mine.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:31 pm
wap wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:38 am I seem to have totally misplaced my give-a-fuck. Anybody see it?
Probably with mine.
I'm in very much the same boat these days boys. Kids, work, kids, work, rinse, wash, repeat. So damn worn out and feel like I'm getting nowhere.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:37 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:31 pm

Probably with mine.
I'm in very much the same boat these days boys. Kids, work, kids, work, rinse, wash, repeat. So damn worn out and feel like I'm getting nowhere.
Sorry man. It seems like the twins are pretty brutal. At least it should only get easier with time.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:47 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:37 pm

Sorry man. It seems like the twins are pretty brutal. At least it should only get easier with time.
They're crazy. I don't know if it's because they're twins, girls, both, I don't know. But they're insane. My son was SO easy compared to them. It's also just that we have 3 kids in diapers, 3 kids who constantly need attention and to be entertained, to be policed to keep from hurting each other in some way. My wife and I are both feeling pretty beaten down by it. Some changes at work have me stressed out on the job front too. I've applied to three different roles here at the same company, first interview for one of them is tomorrow. I need a change of scenery so to speak. It's just sort of all feeling like it's been piled on at once. Blah.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...