OT 11: Troyway to Heaven

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:18 pm Productive day at work. Finished four quotes I'd started last Friday. Did a completely new one. Delegated a sixth one out to a coworker, and I have two lined up to do tomorrow.

Sent the five that I had completed to my boss, along with reminders about four others that I'd completed last week and didn't see him actually send out to our customer. He admitted that he'd fogotten to send them out and thanked me for reminding him. :fuckyeah: Gonna start greasing the skids this week for changing my hours a bit. I want to come in an hour and half earlier, and hopefully leave an hour and a half earlier as well, but still be open to staying late as needed.
I think I'll try to get 6 AM to 3 PM for my next job if possible, flexible hours are a big plus. I worked those hours at my last job several years back and it was awesome. Now I just work all of the hours.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:29 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Have you passed since hanging out with us?

:lol:
Not sure what this means? Passed what? Passed out? Died? Passed my positional goals?
Passed a background check.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I'm in training for a new system we're implementing at work for the next 2 days. No time to DFD at work. :disappoint:
But they provide lunch. :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 pm I'm in training for a new system we're implementing at work for the next 2 days. No time to DFD at work. :disappoint:
:fuckyeah: :troywax: company lunch.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:28 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 pm I'm in training for a new system we're implementing at work for the next 2 days. No time to DFD at work. :disappoint:
:dat: :fuckyeah:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:18 pm Productive day at work. Finished four quotes I'd started last Friday. Did a completely new one. Delegated a sixth one out to a coworker, and I have two lined up to do tomorrow.

Sent the five that I had completed to my boss, along with reminders about four others that I'd completed last week and didn't see him actually send out to our customer. He admitted that he'd fogotten to send them out and thanked me for reminding him. :fuckyeah: Gonna start greasing the skids this week for changing my hours a bit. I want to come in an hour and half earlier, and hopefully leave an hour and a half earlier as well, but still be open to staying late as needed.
I think I'll try to get 6 AM to 3 PM for my next job if possible, flexible hours are a big plus. I worked those hours at my last job several years back and it was awesome. Now I just work all of the hours.
I’d love 6-3. I’m gonna ask for 7-4. This 830-530 bullshit is :disgust:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Waking up that early is :gag:

I'd work 11-7 if I could. Nothing ever happens before 7 anyway.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 pm Waking up that early is :gag:

I'd like either 10-7 or 6-3. Basically, fuck rush hour. I wouldn't mind a later shift, but I'd use the time in the morning to do shit. It's nice to have time off during business hours/not work the exact same times as everyone else.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:35 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 pm Waking up that early is :gag:

I'd like either 10-7 or 6-3. Basically, fuck rush hour. I wouldn't mind a later shift, but I'd use the time in the morning to do shit. It's nice to have time off during business hours/not work the exact same times as everyone else.
:word:

Fuck getting up at 4AM :doe:

That means you can NEVER do any evening activities without being severely punished.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:54 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Not sure what this means? Passed what? Passed out? Died? Passed my positional goals?
Went over my head.

And I havent taken once since talking with yall. My only saving grace may be the fact I have yet to meat anyone in person. If I attend one of the Deals Fap sessions I can say screw it to my TS Clearance.
troyguitar

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:37 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Went over my head.

And I havent taken once since talking with yall. My only saving grace may be the fact I have yet to meat anyone in person. If I attend one of the Deals Fap sessions I can say screw it to my TS Clearance.
:[user not found]: has your boss's boss's boss's boss on speed dial, you're good.
Barnes93cb

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:01 pm
C00bs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Once the clearance is expired, it has to be done again. Even when you work for the government your clearance has a limited life. It still needs to be redone. Clearances are expensive, so your employer would have to pay for them when you are a contractor. If you once had a clearance that won't save your employer any money.
Although correct me if I’m wrong is it possible to extend a clearance before it expires?

If so, it should be cheaper and faster if done while someone already possesses a clearance versus beginning an entirely new clearance process, right?
Yes possible to a point. The current rule for the DoD is 5 years with an extension to 6. But that will all be up to the Office of Personnel Management and what they deem acceptable.
Last edited by Barnes93cb on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:38 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Went over my head.

:[user not found]: has your boss's boss's boss's boss on speed dial, you're good.
I think at this point that would be :trump:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:36 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:35 pm

:word:

That means you can NEVER do any evening activities without being severely punished.
7-3 would be ideal, but most jobs seem to require the mandatory lunch :bs: .
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:36 pm :word:

7-3 would be ideal, but most jobs seem to require the mandatory lunch :bs: .
:iono:

I'm regularly not home until 12ish after hockey on weeknights, so I say fuck waking up early. Ideally I sleep from 2 or 3 to 9 or 10. Without any alarms I naturally get up at 10ish whether I go to bed at 10PM or 4AM.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I do 6 to 3:30 with some work from home every week. I love it. In fact, I am more productive when at home.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:
D Griff wrote: 7-3 would be ideal, but most jobs seem to require the mandatory lunch :bs: .
:iono:

I'm regularly not home until 12ish after hockey on weeknights, so I say fuck waking up early. Ideally I sleep from 2 or 3 to 9 or 10. Without any alarms I naturally get up at 10ish whether I go to bed at 10PM or 4AM.
I "naturally" get up by 8 no matter when I go to bed.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:09 pm
C00bs wrote:
If razr can obtain a permanent federal job, I would hop on that. I am a fed. Don't be so focused on the particular job/pay right away. Being a federal employee for more than 2 years (you become a permanent conditional employee and then after 3 years you have tenure) allows you to apply to all federal jobs with status. This means you can apply as already having a federal job and make it towards the top of hiring lists without having to worry about thing such as veteran preference. USAjobs is a giant black hole to anyone other than a veteran or someone with career status.

You can always have a side hustle more in line with your job responsibilities to pave the way for a different job. I know all of this first hand as a fed with a pretty kickass job. I have my complaints because I do not want my current location, and I want to move in with my girlfriend who lives 2 hours away, but trust me when I say you should be be thrilled with a federal offer of employment.
He doesn't have the patience to play the long game at a corporation that will pay for him to get trained to advance and had basically unlimited opportunity, he won't have the patience for the low level .gov jobs with all the other mouth breathers working at TSA because they can't qualify to work at taco Bell.
Dem truth bombs :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:09 pm
C00bs wrote:
If razr can obtain a permanent federal job, I would hop on that. I am a fed. Don't be so focused on the particular job/pay right away. Being a federal employee for more than 2 years (you become a permanent conditional employee and then after 3 years you have tenure) allows you to apply to all federal jobs with status. This means you can apply as already having a federal job and make it towards the top of hiring lists without having to worry about thing such as veteran preference. USAjobs is a giant black hole to anyone other than a veteran or someone with career status.

You can always have a side hustle more in line with your job responsibilities to pave the way for a different job. I know all of this first hand as a fed with a pretty kickass job. I have my complaints because I do not want my current location, and I want to move in with my girlfriend who lives 2 hours away, but trust me when I say you should be be thrilled with a federal offer of employment.
He doesn't have the patience to play the long game at a corporation that will pay for him to get trained to advance and had basically unlimited opportunity, he won't have the patience for the low level .gov jobs with all the other mouth breathers working at TSA because they can't qualify to work at taco Bell.
As one of my mentors you know where I’m at and where I’d like to be. I think this new opportunity will be a good step up for me.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

:hellno: :angry:
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:28 pm
:dat: :doe:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:51 pm :scoot: :jeep: :scoot:
:jeep: :scoot: :jeep:
:scoot: :jeep: :scoot:
It was only a matter of time. :like:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Such ninja edit. :amazing:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote::scoot: :jeep: :scoot:
:dat: :like:

:scoot: :scoot: :scoot: :scoot: :scoot:
:scoot: :melon: :triggered: :jeep: :scoot:
:scoot: :scoot: :scoot: :scoot: :scoot: