Wasteful tears apart the Pov Mahal

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:52 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:41 pm

So now instead of an ugly stain, I have an ugly white spot.
Ugh.
Need an airbrush and someone that can paint match and feather it in.
yea you can't touch up celings unless it's the exact color out of the same can of paint and the paint is fresh. it's just a thing. I can't believe they even tried.
I mean what were they gonna do? It’s a plaster and lathe popcorn ceiling with sparkles and probably asbestos...

It’s like 60% right now. I bet if I can get a closer paint match and feather it in with an airbrush I can get it to 85%.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:58 am

yea you can't touch up celings unless it's the exact color out of the same can of paint and the paint is fresh. it's just a thing. I can't believe they even tried.
I mean what were they gonna do? It’s a plaster and lathe popcorn ceiling with sparkles and probably asbestos...

It’s like 60% right now. I bet if I can get a closer paint match and feather it in with an airbrush I can get it to 85%.
Make it a sexy room by mounting a mirror up there to cover the mismatched paint.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Paint the whole thing?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:05 am

Paint the whole thing?
:dat:

I'd get a super thick nap roller cover and just paint the entire thing. Not a massive job IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:57 am

Paint the whole thing?

I'd get a super thick nap roller cover and just paint the entire thing. Not a massive job IMO.
Yup. Apply a coat of Kilz first, then paint the whole thing. Done in an afternoon.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

Paint the whole thing?

A roller will rip all the popcorn off
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:42 pm

A roller will rip all the popcorn off
There are worse things. 1979 called and it wants its Jiffy Pop back.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:48 pm Sparkle popcorn.

Well, you learn new things every day. :dafuq:
Yeah. And like I mentioned before. Plaster ceiling underneath that. So probably lumpy and such. So you can’t just take it off nfg. And likely asbestos popcorn. Attempting to do anything with it would be a complete disaster.

Could get it painted I guess. Would need to be a spray application. But then there’s no sparkle.

:unicorn:

Believe it or not the sparkle makes it look pretty good.
wap

Pics of sparkly ceiling.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Man I feel so poverty-spec now... our popcorn ceilings are just white :disgust:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:09 pm Man I feel so poverty-spec now... our popcorn ceilings are just white :disgust:
Fucking peasant status here too.. I gotta get some sparkles up in hurr.
Johnny_P

Room is getting close. Should be done tomorrow with exception of the fan that had to be ordered.

wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:09 pm Man I feel so poverty-spec now... our popcorn ceilings are just white :disgust:
Ew. :gag:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 pm Room is getting close. Should be done tomorrow with exception of the fan that had to be ordered.

Looking good!
Feeling any sense of relief yet?
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 pm Room is getting close. Should be done tomorrow with exception of the fan that had to be ordered.

Looking good!
No. I have to buy and install all the IKEA shit after they are “done.” Then move the furniture back. Then move all our clothes over. Then move stuff out of the middle bedroom to turn it into a nursery. And put all the baby gear in there. Then move the guest mattresses back into the 3rd bedroom to free up our living room.

6 weeks to do it. She basically won’t be helping. Because her belly is the size of a watermelon and she’s exhausted all the time.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:sad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:07 pm:sad:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 pm

Looking good!
No. I have to buy and install all the IKEA shit after they are “done.” Then move the furniture back. Then move all our clothes over. Then move stuff out of the middle bedroom to turn it into a nursery. And put all the baby gear in there. Then move the guest mattresses back into the 3rd bedroom to free up our living room.

6 weeks to do it. She basically won’t be helping. Because her belly is the size of a watermelon and she’s exhausted all the time.
Long list, but you'll manage :like:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Looking good!

time to knuckle up daddy, do what needs to be done. You got this.

You at least don't have a 40 he a week job on top of all that. if getting stuff does not slow you down that's 2 weeks of work hitting it a handful of hours a day
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:04 am

time to knuckle up daddy, do what needs to be done. You got this.

You at least don't have a 40 he a week job on top of all that. if getting stuff does not slow you down that's 2 weeks of work hitting it a handful of hours a day
Yep. It can be done. A little just in time. But do able. But I fully regret even taking this project on in the first place. This will be $15-20k all in, I was prepared to spend half that. But that much money to stare at drywall instead of wood paneling is pretty stupid. And to spend that much when I have no income is equally retarded.

Oh well. Can’t do anything about that now. Hopefully it adds some home value and I get a bit of it back when we sell this place.
Johnny_P

Attempting to buy IKEA wardrobes. This is now the third try. Their phone ordering person couldn’t help me with pick up in store. In store guy couldn’t do anything other than place a delivery order. So I went on their website and line by line checked stock. So now I’m gonna attempt to buy the items they have in stock so I’m not waiting over a month due to one shoe rail being OOS.

This is infuriating.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:54 am Attempting to buy IKEA wardrobes. This is now the third try. Their phone ordering person couldn’t help me with pick up in store. In store guy couldn’t do anything other than place a delivery order. So I went on their website and line by line checked stock. So now I’m gonna attempt to buy the items they have in stock so I’m not waiting over a month due to one shoe rail being OOS.

This is infuriating.
Pre-Crotchfruitlyfe.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:54 am Attempting to buy IKEA wardrobes. This is now the third try. Their phone ordering person couldn’t help me with pick up in store. In store guy couldn’t do anything other than place a delivery order. So I went on their website and line by line checked stock. So now I’m gonna attempt to buy the items they have in stock so I’m not waiting over a month due to one shoe rail being OOS.

This is infuriating.
IKEA, despite it's size and inventory complexity is a complete disaster with ordering. Shockingly bad.

We ordered an outside dining set that we couldn't pick up in the store, despite it being in stock. Ok....so they blew 3 separate delivery dates when :tits: called and blew them up. Turns out they "didn't know where the table was and had no idea when it was coming in stock", so they were just going to keep setting and blowing delivery dates until the table eventually came in stock and they could deliver.

:wtf:

We cancelled.

I like IKEA products, and will continue to buy from them, but only if I can buy it in the store...and can get my hands on it. They're online inventory system is pretty inaccurate from my experience, which is even more :rage:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:07 pm

This is infuriating.
IKEA, despite it's size and inventory complexity is a complete disaster with ordering. Shockingly bad.

We ordered an outside dining set that we couldn't pick up in the store, despite it being in stock. Ok....so they blew 3 separate delivery dates when :tits: called and blew them up. Turns out they "didn't know where the table was and had no idea when it was coming in stock", so they were just going to keep setting and blowing delivery dates until the table eventually came in stock and they could deliver.

:wtf:

We cancelled.

I like IKEA products, and will continue to buy from them, but only if I can buy it in the store...and can get my hands on it. They're online inventory system is pretty inaccurate from my experience, which is even more :rage:
Yeah wow.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:01 pm

This is infuriating.
Pre-Crotchfruitlyfe.
:dat: , I have yet to find a pre-child comfort zone in my life after 8yrs with the first and 5yrs with the second boy. I'm just :dealwithit: as the challenges come my way by making the most informed decisions I can quickly and moving on. It always feels good to get things off my shoulders even if they come with compromise.