Fax's haus: Brad Goes Orange, go Vols?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:34 pm Was there a 3rd party warranty on the house? I.e. Can you bypass the builder and get a real repair done to this via warranty company?
I think so, I'll have to look into it more. Great suggestion.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

At least you have financial leverage.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Yea.

Owner dude came by yesterday and saw what was going on, we chatted, and he is going to fix it up right.

Going to try and waterjet the hole in the tile. :notbad: Failing that, a diamond abrasive hole saw will do the trick.
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:42 am Yea.

Owner dude came by yesterday and saw what was going on, we chatted, and he is going to fix it up right.

Going to try and waterjet the hole in the tile. :notbad: Failing that, a diamond abrasive hole saw will do the trick.
That sounds promising.

Interesting. I've never seen a small, portable waterjet before. The only ones I've ever seen have been when I visited manufacturing customers and they are yuuge.
In4picsifpossible.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:37 am

That sounds promising.

Interesting. I've never seen a small, portable waterjet before. The only ones I've ever seen have been when I visited manufacturing customers and they are yuuge.
In4picsifpossible.
:dat:

In4deets
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

That sounds promising.

In4picsifpossible.
oh, he is bringing the tile to the shop. now that we know where the tiles are, we will move the filler so its just on one tile, and get that tile worked on. its pretty straightforward in theroy.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:43 am

That sounds promising.

In4picsifpossible.
oh, he is bringing the tile to the shop. now that we know where the tiles are, we will move the filler so its just on one tile, and get that tile worked on. its pretty straightforward in theroy.
*fingerscrossed*
:popcorn:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

did some lingering house projects today

Installed some IKEAunder cabinet LED lighting for the computer nook. 5/7 improvement.

hooks in various places....

put up a mirror in the closet...

bottled some beerz

installed light over shower, and the dimmer for it. Also trimmed the dimmers for several of out lights.

Lots of hooks in the drop area!
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

such domestic.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Realized I didn't have and front shots of the house 'finished'

I added solar LED accent lights to the front. I had my woubts they would look decent, but :notbad:

brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Dude, house looks legit 5/7. I really dig it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 8:35 am Dude, house looks legit 5/7. I really dig it.
thanks.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I need to get some exterior illumination planned, it makes a yuge difference. That looks really nice all lit up at night.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

We get comments all the time on the LED uplighting I put around our house. Just 4 LED outdoor lights and a controller...I think I paid a little over $100 on amazon for everything. And the controller automatically turns them on/off with sunrise/sunset.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 8:55 am We get comments all the time on the LED uplighting I put around our house. Just 4 LED outdoor lights and a controller...I think I paid a little over $100 on amazon for everything. And the controller automatically turns them on/off with sunrise/sunset.
I'm :notsure: how I want to do the wiring.

I'm not doing any ground based lights, all in the house, which is easy, since I have plenty of access to the attic and the gable at the front.
I might hook them into the garage lights, and run them off their own wifi switch.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 8:58 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 8:55 am We get comments all the time on the LED uplighting I put around our house. Just 4 LED outdoor lights and a controller...I think I paid a little over $100 on amazon for everything. And the controller automatically turns them on/off with sunrise/sunset.

I'm not doing any ground based lights, all in the house, which is easy, since I have plenty of access to the attic and the gable at the front.
I might hook them into the garage lights, and run them off their own wifi switch.
Oh, interesting.

I used low voltage lights, so running the wires was stupid easy. But I burried them, ZFG. They use such little energy, that I don't mind just letting them come on and off automatically...plus it's nice if we're on vacation the house is lit without thinking about it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 12:27 pm
Melon wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 8:58 am

Oh, interesting.

I used low voltage lights, so running the wires was stupid easy. But I burried them, ZFG. They use such little energy, that I don't mind just letting them come on and off automatically...plus it's nice if we're on vacation the house is lit without thinking about it.
Hmm
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:54 am So sit right down and we'll hear a tale, a tale of massive fuckery.

It started in newly built home, with a big old nitwit.

refresher on pot filler installation issues:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:37 am

basically this is whats in the wall:

and they did not install this piece that secures the thing to the wall itself vs the pipe in the wall.

https://media.deltafaucet.com/PartsDiag ... 1177LF.pdf
RP64634 in that diagram. It was simply left in the box :rage:

So friday the plumber did show up. Two guys showed up initially, pretty nice. One guy was new, the other was a bit dim but good guy. They fixed the shower, and then said 'the boss is going to have to come look at your potfiller'. Ok.

So 'the boss' shows up about 15 minutes later. I can tell right off the bat this guy is a massive duche / know it all / dimwit. I keep my mouth shut and just sit there.

They screw around for like 30 minutes cause they think they will need to repair from behind. Then homeboy says he can fix from front. he proceeds to install the new filler incorrectly again, after monkeying with the connection in the wall, i'm assuming to try and tighten it. I remained silent. He grabs it and it's still wobbly, and says to himself "that aint right."

This is where i step in. I felt i had good rapport with his two helper guys since i chatted with them while we waited for the boss. So i say something to the effect of ' look man, I took a look at the directions and i think we are missing this piece-'
'The boss' angrily cuts me off, saying something to the effect of inviting me to drill that glass tile.
I calmly reply That i'm sympathetic to this and maybe there is an alternative such as adhesive
Cut me off again. saying some blah blah bs about that's bullshit
I say "look man, i just want this to get fixed correctly and not be half assed'
Guy gets super angry and threatens to leave. with a hole in the wall and the water off.

If cursing offends you, stop reading.

The dude procedds to muble andgy shit under his breath cursing and shit, probably about me but i'm ignoring.
About 2 minutes in he says "your fucking lucky I dont just dump a can of spray foam in the wall, then good luck fixing it next time it breaks"
I told him you break out the spray foam I'm kicking you the fuck out my house!

'The boss' continues angularly working, cursing to himself and to me / about me. under his breath. This goes on for probably 5 minutes when he gets a little louder saying something to the effect of 'these fucking asholes dont know what I go though'
I'd had enough of this in my castle. I told him to shut the fuck up and finish his fucking job.

Well he packed his shit and left. hole in the wall, water off, no way to turn it on.

To be clear, this was not beyond my skill to temporarily remedy, but the builders office is 5 minutes away, and this is CLEARLY unacceptable. So I boost off and head there, burning off some rubber and some steam before I arrive.

I talk to owner man's wife / co owner lady calmly and collectively, she agreed he was way out of line. 'he has a short temper but is a good plumber' I said, not from where I'm sitting, I've had 3 leaks and s shitty pot filler 6 months in, but whatever'

Issue was explained to her. She had a guy they work with meet me at the house to plug the hole. We discussed a few options for a proper repair of the unit, including the 100% right way of popping a few tiles off and replacing them. I am fine with all options. That should happen this week.

So that's how my friday afternoon went.

Saturday I had to remove an over pressure valve because it was full of pex pipe plastic and clogged up. Good plumber my ass, fuck that guy and his miserable existence. :dislike:
Wow. Unbelievable. 5/7 anger management story doe.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i don't even believe it. another pot filler has failed. :( :rage:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 8:32 am i don't even believe it. another pot filler has failed. :( :rage:
:wtf: :rage:
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 8:32 am i don't even believe it. another pot filler has failed. :( :rage:
:wat:

Nobody produces quality stuff anymore. :|
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

delta sending new filler factory direct.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Because of shitty installation or manufacturing defect?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 2:28 pm Because of shitty installation or manufacturing defect?
Manufacturers defects
brain go brrrrrr