Fax's haus: Brad Goes Orange, go Vols?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 10:18 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 12:16 pm

the thing is, you'd have to isolate certain circuits that draw too much power for something like that. But once you put power on the main rails, you cant do that..... maybe if thye have internal isolation? IDK.

:wap: nice on the hole house unit. too :waxer: for me, but this is the :scrooge: solution to be reasonably comfortable during an extended outage.
:iono: I haven't looked into the details yet, dunno if I ever will at this rate. Too much other :plac: shit going on to learn me sufficient electrical engineering skillz.
https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/16/watts ... your-home/

your huckleberry :mahtroy:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

HOA rage. Now that it's resolved I'll post the story.

They didn't like the red door. After it was done for almost 6 months, the decided they didn't like the door.

With it being a new house and the builder needing to be that interface, (the HOA bylaws are very clear on this) I made my position clear: you guys dropped the ball not approving complete set of plans incl. colors. The builder dropped the ball by not including them. This is not my problem. I told them as much. Basically they sent a nasty letter, I sent back a reasonable one, we sat down and talked it out.

I told them my position, and that we were open to painting the door to resolve, but I WAS NOT DOING IT. I WAS NOT PAYING FOR IT. YOU (hoa) and the builder figure out who is paying for it, and we will give you new color from your approved palette.

Well, it got painted. It's now a bright ass babyish blue. I like it; I hope they hate it. pics later.

Fuck HOA's. :disgust:

here is my response to thier shittygram
Dear Mr. X
We have received your letter alleging the violation of the HOA restrictions, specifically the color of the door. Some facts presented in the letter seem to be in error. This aforementioned notice is the first we (the homeowners) have heard of an alleged issue with our door color. Additionally, we are unsure what door you are speaking of; no further detail is offered in the notice.

Our builder painted the home colors we picked out. We worked very hard with our contractor and their designer on every detail of the home, including paint colors. In accordance with section 3.3 of the bylaws for the Crossgates restrictions, plans were submitted to the board for approval. I have an email chain from my contractor in which these plans were approved by the board. Colors were not specifically discussed, but the HOA board is responsible for approving a complete set of plans. Any discrepancy with the design of the structure should have been handled with our contractor during construction.

Kellie and I find this to be a very disturbing development. We love the house we built, we love the neighborhood, and look forward to becoming trusted members of the community. We also think that our house looks great from the street. The home has been complete for eight months at the writing of this letter, and if the color choice clashed with the style of the neighborhood we should have heard about it before now. Everyone we have spoken with inside the neighborhood and outside of it loves the home. In regards to home values, we built the first new home in this neighborhood for several years at great expense. Our new construction also completed the development, something every realtor I've met says boosts home values. I mention this because it is clearly not our intent, nor is it in our best interest to negatively effect property value.
In the interest of saving on postage, if it is agreeable to all parties involved I would be happy to continue to discuss this and come to a resolution via email. My email address is %hoa@yahoo.com
Sincerely
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:17 am HOA rage. Now that it's resolved I'll post the story.

They didn't like the red door. After it was done for almost 6 months, the decided they didn't like the door.

With it being a new house and the builder needing to be that interface, (the HOA bylaws are very clear on this) I made my position clear: you guys dropped the ball not approving complete set of plans incl. colors. The builder dropped the ball by not including them. This is not my problem. I told them as much. Basically they sent a nasty letter, I sent back a reasonable one, we sat down and talked it out.

I told them my position, and that we were open to painting the door to resolve, but I WAS NOT DOING IT. I WAS NOT PAYING FOR IT. YOU (hoa) and the builder figure out who is paying for it, and we will give you new color from your approved palette.

Well, it got painted. It's now a bright ass babyish blue. I like it; I hope they hate it. pics later.

Dear Mr. X
We have received your letter alleging the violation of the HOA restrictions, specifically the color of the door. Some facts presented in the letter seem to be in error. This aforementioned notice is the first we (the homeowners) have heard of an alleged issue with our door color. Additionally, we are unsure what door you are speaking of; no further detail is offered in the notice.

Our builder painted the home colors we picked out. We worked very hard with our contractor and their designer on every detail of the home, including paint colors. In accordance with section 3.3 of the bylaws for the Crossgates restrictions, plans were submitted to the board for approval. I have an email chain from my contractor in which these plans were approved by the board. Colors were not specifically discussed, but the HOA board is responsible for approving a complete set of plans. Any discrepancy with the design of the structure should have been handled with our contractor during construction.

Kellie and I find this to be a very disturbing development. We love the house we built, we love the neighborhood, and look forward to becoming trusted members of the community. We also think that our house looks great from the street. The home has been complete for eight months at the writing of this letter, and if the color choice clashed with the style of the neighborhood we should have heard about it before now. Everyone we have spoken with inside the neighborhood and outside of it loves the home. In regards to home values, we built the first new home in this neighborhood for several years at great expense. Our new construction also completed the development, something every realtor I've met says boosts home values. I mention this because it is clearly not our intent, nor is it in our best interest to negatively effect property value.
In the interest of saving on postage, if it is agreeable to all parties involved I would be happy to continue to discuss this and come to a resolution via email. My email address is %hoa@yahoo.com
Sincerely
The ridiculous shit people have to put up with. My god. My mom runs the one for her street (new strip of homes on a freshly developed street). She's super organizational like that. She says it's casual and the fees mainly go to the upkeep of the front signage and landscaping. I'm wondering how long it's going to take for her to turn it into something sinister where people start to dread it.

Your response was nicer than mine would of been. I would of dropped the facts, blamed them, and then continued to tell them to suck it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:22 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:17 am HOA rage. Now that it's resolved I'll post the story.

The ridiculous shit people have to put up with. My god. My mom runs the one for her street (new strip of homes on a freshly developed street). She's super organizational like that. She says it's casual and the fees mainly go to the upkeep of the front signage and landscaping. I'm wondering how long it's going to take for her to turn it into something sinister where people start to dread it.

Your response was nicer than mine would of been. I would of dropped the facts, blamed them, and then continued to tell them to suck it.
I prob could have fought and won but I just ran out of fucks.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

All over the color of a door for a brand new construction.

:impressive: :fullretard:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:33 am All over the color of a door for a brand new construction.

:impressive: :fullretard:
:dat:

Holy fuck. Thanks for the reminder why I REFUSE to live in a neighborhood with an HOA. Fucking epic waste of time, energy, and money. Wow.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

In4picsofbluedoordoe
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dear Mr. X

Sincerely
Good god.
:wtf: :disappoint: :rage: :facepalm:

Nicely handled, :doe: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:30 pm In4picsofbluedoordoe
:dat:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

door. returned their paint chip book.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:33 pm Image

Not turrible but not exactly :fuckyeah:

Pic of previous :gag: offensive color?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Not turrible but not exactly :fuckyeah:

Pic of previous :gag: offensive color?
look a few pages back :like:
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I liked the red so much better, it really popped.

This ain't bad at all, it's incredibly neutral, if anyone has a problem with it, they need to go fuck themselves with a cactus, an AIDS cactus.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 8:31 am Realized I didn't have and front shots of the house 'finished'

It looked great in red.

No worries doe, it's a small matter, and the HOA is off yer nuts.

House is still 5/7
wap

Yea red was definitely the better color but the blue is alright.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

According to my wife's pinshit account, dark navy/carbon blue is the only color acceptable on a front door this season.Image
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Tarspin wrote:According to my wife's pinshit account, dark navy/carbon blue is the only color acceptable on a front door this season.Image
I know people who make a very good living off that concept.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:dat:Image
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:13 am Brad - run for the HOA. Get on the board. Work your way up to president getting friends in the neighborhood to run as well. Then disband the HOA.
This is the best idea ever.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:13 am Brad - run for the HOA. Get on the board. Work your way up to president getting friends in the neighborhood to run as well. Then disband the HOA.
This is brilliant.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

thats the long game.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

:mindblown: :fuckyeah: :doit:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Great looking door/entry. I have mixed feelings about glass doors....they look great but I'm not all in from a privacy aspect.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 am

Great looking door/entry. I have mixed feelings about glass doors....they look great but I'm not all in from a privacy aspect.
Yea, i hate that the whole hood can see my bricks :dong: :iono: :trollface:
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I recommended that actually. My cousin did that in their tiny 1 street hoa. Had good success. Shut the old crazy power trip guy up.