Jefé's rental bachelor pad

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I like the furniture picks. I don't have any West Elm stuff but it all seems at least decent. A step up in design from Ikea and constructed a bit better too. Couch looks killer.

My couch is from Gus Modern and I really like it. Has held up super well and is comfy af. Was kind of expensive doe.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Visited the West Elm brick and mortar today and glad I did.

Bed? Verified it comes in sections and will fit through the door and up the stairs. ✅ Ordered.
Couch? Sat on the leather version and saw the color in person on another model, loved it. It's brighter and bluer than the website photos. ✅ Ordered.
Dining table? Hell yeah. Ended up bumping up to the version with a leaf, so it can go from 72" to 92". ✅ Ordered, with one of the matching benches.

Media console. Didn't like it in person. Much lighter wood than the photos. Also not helped that it is on backorder and won't ship until at least January. Saw a console that is similar size from the same collection as the dining table and bench and is the same "smoked brown" color. Loved it. I think it is going to look badass in contrast with the sofa. ✅ Ordered.

Passed on anything else, didn't even look for now. Want to see how this stuff looks in the space first. Couch is a non-standard color so it'll be 8-10 weeks to ship. Everything else should ship within 2-4 weeks. In addition to some items I bought being on sale, I took advantage of their no interest for 12 months offer on their card. That deal can be reused on any future purchase over $750 too, which might happen again, maybe. Paying it off in 12 months won't a problem.

Got a lot of unpacking and organizing done. Enough that I am thinking I will take on moving storage stuff this Saturday if I can secure a truck. Feels like I have some momentum so want to keep it rolling.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

stripethree wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:54 pm Visited the West Elm brick and mortar today and glad I did.

Bed? Verified it comes in sections and will fit through the door and up the stairs. ✅ Ordered.
Couch? Sat on the leather version and saw the color in person on another model, loved it. It's brighter and bluer than the website photos. ✅ Ordered.
Dining table? Hell yeah. Ended up bumping up to the version with a leaf, so it can go from 72" to 92". ✅ Ordered, with one of the matching benches.

Media console. Didn't like it in person. Much lighter wood than the photos. Also not helped that it is on backorder and won't ship until at least January. Saw a console that is similar size from the same collection as the dining table and bench and is the same "smoked brown" color. Loved it. I think it is going to look badass in contrast with the sofa. ✅ Ordered.

Passed on anything else, didn't even look for now. Want to see how this stuff looks in the space first. Couch is a non-standard color so it'll be 8-10 weeks to ship. Everything else should ship within 2-4 weeks. In addition to some items I bought being on sale, I took advantage of their no interest for 12 months offer on their card. That deal can be reused on any future purchase over $750 too, which might happen again, maybe. Paying it off in 12 months won't a problem.

Got a lot of unpacking and organizing done. Enough that I am thinking I will take on moving storage stuff this Saturday if I can secure a truck. Feels like I have some momentum so want to keep it rolling.
Adulting :fuckyeah:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Jefe be waxing. I like this.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:waxer:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:01 am

Adulting :fuckyeah:
so much adulting
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I just keep telling myself it'll be well worth it. It'll cut into other aspects of the budget, but I am taking a break on autox and rallyx for a while anyway. I've been going out to eat for like two weeks straight and this weekend I should finally get some cooking done in the house and stop bleeding money on food. Between furniture, motorcycle, suit, new house rental, it has been an expensive first part of Q4. Looking forward to having a bomb ass space right around the beginning of the year though.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Moved all the storage area shit over to the house this weekend. I am fucking tired and sore. My Purple mattress arrived on Friday too and so far, it's pretty 5/7. Firmer than I am used to, but I'll give it the 100 days. Sleep has been good thus far.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Took the first pass at unpacking and organizing the garage yesterday evening.

The wall with the exhausts and dead bodies (original R seats), needs a little more work, it's taking up too much space for my satisfaction. Pretty pleased with how things fit and the room that remains. I think I can park the R on the right side of the driveway (if you're facing the garage) and still be able to get everything in and out without shuffling. We'll see when that time comes.

No, the old Honda is not running but yes, I went and bought ramps so I could haul it over here in the UHaul.

I also want to put up a window covering. Ain't nobody need to be peepin' all my shit.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

stripethree wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:55 am Image

The wall with the exhausts and dead bodies (original R seats), needs a little more work, it's taking up too much space for my satisfaction. Pretty pleased with how things fit and the room that remains. I think I can park the R on the right side of the driveway (if you're facing the garage) and still be able to get everything in and out without shuffling. We'll see when that time comes.

No, the old Honda is not running but yes, I went and bought ramps so I could haul it over here in the UHaul.

I also want to put up a window covering. Ain't nobody need to be peepin' all my shit.
Another member of #teamtinytrailer I see :megusta:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

stripethree wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:55 am Image

:megusta:
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

So jelly. I want a garage :sad:

Interested to see real life pics of the couch!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Jefe's place is 5/7.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

So the bed was unexpectedly delivered on Friday by FedEx; drop ship direct from the manufacturer. I started unpacking it and carrying pieces upstairs and of course, the last panel I unpack is damaged. Something punctured the box. I didn't notice it when it was delivered because I was heading out the door to meet family for breakfast.

Here is the box and visible damage.

Called West Elm and they are going to have to send me an entirely new bed. Since I am traveling the week after next, they said I should wait until I'm back since with drop shipped items I get no tracking. Nice. So I decided I'd put the damn thing together anyway since I want a bed and I'll have 30 days to send back the damaged pieces once I get the new one.

The damn thing is held together with ratchet straps and two of the other boards also have damage. The second had a deep scratch and the third had corner damage. I didn't take photos. This was a bitch to maneuver in a small space, especially moving around a heavy king mattress solo.

In progress:

Ratchet AF:

Done:

I like it, it seems fine despite the :wtf: ratchet strap assembly method but I am displeased with the amount of damage. Will be talking to them about alternate shipping methods and was also told they'd refund my shipping for the hassle. Even though when fully assembled I can hide all the damage, I'm getting a new one. Paid a bunch of money and want what I purchased.

Other downsides: I might be able to shimmy the side table in if the bed is fully against a single wall. This thing is a bitch to push around even though it sits on cork stickies that adorn the bottom of the legs. The mattress is fucking heavy.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:megusta:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

also, i think someone shot it. pew pew.
Johnny_P

Well at least it will be easy to take apart and move to a new pad when it's time for that. Ratchet straps though... That's.... odd..
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:41 pm
dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:37 pm also, i think someone shot it. pew pew.
Looks like a .22 wound... :notsure: :dubshow:
Stupid fucking emoji.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote:
Looks like someone hit it with a harpoon. Maybe it was pirates trying to rob the shipment from China, :iono:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:23 pm Well at least it will be easy to take apart and move to a new pad when it's time for that. Ratchet straps though... That's.... odd..
:dat:
:notsure:
wap

dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:44 pm

Stupid fucking emoji.
:lolol:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:50 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Looks like someone hit it with a harpoon. Maybe it was pirates trying to rob the shipment from China, :iono:
:notbad: guess.
Johnny_P

That's fucking hilarious. Poor dubs :lolol:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:32 pm

That's fucking hilarious. Poor dubs :lolol:
:dat: :lol: