Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:21 pm Escrow just closed on the house I was selling. Final figures:
Bought - $161,000 (I don't have stuff on hand to see how much I actually put down out of pocket)
Sale price - $241,000
Total closing costs - $33,691 (repairs, CA taxes withheld, commisions for agents, misc fees)
Net "profit" (obiviously not including maintenance fees while it was rented out) - $46,309
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:11 pm Newish chairs, gently used for 200ish yrs.

I fit 6/8 in the gorf comfortably. ImageImage
:like: :like:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:00 pm
Melon wrote:
I'm in charge here. ;)
Lol :thanksobama:

:trollface:
:lolol:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I think ill need to do something with the mismatched wood types. Going to spray the chairs a color matched hue from the table (something in a light taupe/greyish) and see how it looks together.

We are really liking these chairs, just not their color so much.Image
wap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:19 pm I think ill need to do something with the mismatched wood types. Going to spray the chairs a color matched hue from the table (something in a light taupe/greyish) and see how it looks together.

Are they still solid? I'm betting they are.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:19 pm I think ill need to do something with the mismatched wood types. Going to spray the chairs a color matched hue from the table (something in a light taupe/greyish) and see how it looks together.

They are!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Upon close inspection it looks like they were pegged & glued together. Nothing at all moves. It is curious that some of the chairs dont sit flush, i guess that the legs warped a bit. Im going to fix that with extra felt pads, they won't need a lot to be true, maybe a 1/8" pad in select places.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:50 pm
wap wrote:
They are!
:notsurprised:

They did make shit good back in the day.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:12 pm Man I am forever grateful for having a handy dad and FIL. Haven't had enough time to tend to issues - particularly the leaking garage. FIL replaced the fascia board and re-hung the gutter on the garage yesterday.

Dad fixed the permit issue with the seal-tite and romex on the HVAC install, and found a potential short while he was in there. While he was doing that, I cleaned all the gutters out and re-hung the one gutter on the back of the house and fabricated a drainage chute from the upper gutter into the lower gutter to prepare for this nor'easter.

Great news! Water is draining properly all'round, I have a dry garage, and no more water seeping into the basement now that the gutters are working properly.
:fuckyeah: Good timing getting the water drainage taken care of.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Apex wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:12 pm Man I am forever grateful for having a handy dad and FIL. Haven't had enough time to tend to issues - particularly the leaking garage. FIL replaced the fascia board and re-hung the gutter on the garage yesterday.

Dad fixed the permit issue with the seal-tite and romex on the HVAC install, and found a potential short while he was in there. While he was doing that, I cleaned all the gutters out and re-hung the one gutter on the back of the house and fabricated a drainage chute from the upper gutter into the lower gutter to prepare for this nor'easter.

Great news! Water is draining properly all'round, I have a dry garage, and no more water seeping into the basement now that the gutters are working properly.
:fuckyeah: Good timing getting the water drainage taken care of.
:dat:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap

:fuckyeah:

Great news is great.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

My wife and I decided that now that the wedding has passed, we'll start the house hunting. We'll be meeting with the realtor that helped us find our condo to rent this Friday or early next week to go over all the details.
The panda hath arrived.
Apex

Jaxper wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:08 am My wife and I decided that now that the wedding has passed, we'll start the house hunting. We'll be meeting with the realtor that helped us find our condo to rent this Friday or early next week to go over all the details.

The Pandanest is expanding now.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:09 am
Jaxper wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:08 am My wife and I decided that now that the wedding has passed, we'll start the house hunting. We'll be meeting with the realtor that helped us find our condo to rent this Friday or early next week to go over all the details.

The Pandanest is expanding now.
Yeee. Came across a few prospective houses on Zillow already. Right now we have a pretty limited scope, so I'm curious to know what else the realtor will find with the specs we gave her with her professional tool, rather than a public one like Zillow.
The panda hath arrived.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

its a tarp. dont do it
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:57 am
its a tarp. dont do it
Right, he should build brand new instead. :trollface:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:01 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:57 am

its a tarp. dont do it
Right, he should build brand new instead. :trollface:
everything in that market points to an imminent correction. plus buying a house during the holidays has fail written all over it.
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:26 am
Jaxper wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 am

Yeee. Came across a few prospective houses on Zillow already. Right now we have a pretty limited scope, so I'm curious to know what else the realtor will find with the specs we gave her with her professional tool, rather than a public one like Zillow.
We landed on our place via Zillow. Though, my agent did throw it into a list of places we may like too.
From my perspective, it's more that the professional tool is more up to date. 2 of the houses that we had on our list within the last two days are under deposit for 2+ weeks, despite Zillow and others saying that they're still for sale.
The panda hath arrived.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Good advice, thanks @[user not found] and @[user not found].
The panda hath arrived.
Apex

Go directly to the source with MLS.

http://www.mls.com/search/connecticut.mvc
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:01 am Right, he should build brand new instead. :trollface:
everything in that market points to an imminent correction. plus SELLING a house during the holidays has fail written all over it.
FTFY
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Mortgage applications are tough when you only have half the info. It looks like I'll have to finish this later when I get home to ze wife.
The panda hath arrived.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:20 pm
Jaxper wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:20 pm Mortgage applications are tough when you only have half the info. It looks like I'll have to finish this later when I get home to ze wife.
Be as accurate as possible - they will find out everything.
Yeah, I mean, we don't have anything to hide. The tricky part is that we're going to be applying for this mortgage today since we're meeting with the realtor tomorrow, but then combining accounts on Saturday (next available day with her night shift schedule).
The panda hath arrived.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Jaxper wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:20 pm Mortgage applications are tough when you only have half the info. It looks like I'll have to finish this later when I get home to ze wife.
:sass:

Just tell them that you're the best at house. You make more money than they've ever seen. Tremendous accounts. Beautiful.

They can't afford not to give you a loan.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:09 pm

:sass:

Just tell them that you're the best at house. You make more money than they've ever seen. Tremendous accounts. Beautiful.

They can't afford not to give you a loan.
5/7 tumpsecution
brain go brrrrrr