Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Looking good mang
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Mis-post
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:32 amMis-post
:notsure:

:scoot:
wap

Apex wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:35 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:32 amMis-post
:notsure:

:scoot:
:dat:
wap

Good progress is good!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 pm Time spent in the garage this morning was productive. Got the bikes hung, swept and vacuumed all the dust and dirt I could get to, and put some additional things in their place.

Still need to hang another run of Fasttrack for the yard toolz, but everything’s coming together.

Before:

After:
photog trickery, all you did was hang bikes and push the reds and zoom in a little.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

0/7 do not recommend grilling in your garage.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:06 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 pm 0/7 do not recommend grilling in your garage.
Yeah, definitely not.

I need to get the grill on a pad in the backyard and order a new cover for it - the old one disintegrated.
When I had my grill at my house in Lancaster I had a cover on it, and there was one cat in the neighborhood that would piss on the cover every night. :rage: never saw if it was a neighbor's or feral. If only I'd had the :doge: back then...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 pm 0/7 do not recommend grilling in your garage.
:lolol:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:06 pm
Yeah, definitely not.

I need to get the grill on a pad in the backyard and order a new cover for it - the old one disintegrated.
I bought a KingKong cover for my Weber on amazon. $30. It's solid.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:43 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 pm

I bought a KingKong cover for my Weber on amazon. $30. It's solid.
:notbad:

https://www.amazon.com/Kingkong-Premium ... over&psc=1

:dat: ?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote:Man. Pinshit day extraordinaire.

Unloaded the :truk: and painted the wrought iron wood hoop that I keep my fire pit wood in.

Then took a trip to bLowes and hunted down LED bulbs for the whole downstairs. Found out that I’ve got candelabra sockets and medium sockets, which led to some :rage: and returning/exchanging of bulbs. But everything’s kosher now.

Also, the curtain rods and curtains finally showed up today, so I spent my evening hanging those. No more fishbowl!

Also hung the front door curtain that I’ve been putting off.

I can see the cats having a field day with that drapery access!

Love the pics though, place looks 5/7!Image
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Little pinshitting of my own this week, table came in! We are trying to figure out what to do about chairs but in no rush, probably good until Christmas tbh.

This one is made locally to me with cured wormy maple wood and finished with a grey wash stain. It weights around 300lbs I think. I got sick of buying faux wood anything, plus I really enjoy the look of this. The worm holes let water into the maple tree which created a lot of character in its coloring.ImageImageImage
SAWCE

Dude that looks dope
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote:Dude that looks dope
Thanks it's crazy looking wood, not regretting it.... my wife and I came across it a few weeks ago during out weekend getaway up north.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:Nice! The wife and I are currently hunting for a proper dining room table. We want real wood as well.

Fuck the fake stuff.
Thanks. We did the Urban Barn fake wood table the first time around and made it last 9 yrs but the top surface started looking terribad.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:39 am Thanks. We did the Urban Barn fake wood table the first time around and made it last 9 yrs but the top surface started looking terribad.
There's a new store down here that seems to have some decent stuff, just need to go check it out.

https://www.worldmarket.com/category/fu ... om-sets.do

We're looking for a medium/dark wood table, about 7 feet long, with benches. Want to host some good game nights.
Whoa, amazing prices, I'm actually really impressed with the store. Brinley looks like a nice set and similar to what you described.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:02 am Dude that looks dope
:dat: 5/7
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:14 am Whoa, amazing prices, I'm actually really impressed with the store. Brinley looks like a nice set and similar to what you described.
Brinley looks nice, and I also like the Garner set.
They both look great, I personally like the practicality of having pedestal style legs over the harvest table style legs because there's nothing to restrict chairs from sitting near the corners of the table. It's another thing we avoided this time around. Not sure if one is more durable then the other?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:25 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:39 am Thanks. We did the Urban Barn fake wood table the first time around and made it last 9 yrs but the top surface started looking terribad.
There's a new store down here that seems to have some decent stuff, just need to go check it out.

https://www.worldmarket.com/category/fu ... om-sets.do

We're looking for a medium/dark wood table, about 7 feet long, with benches. Want to host some good game nights.
Cost Plus is new to you guys? We've had them here since as long as I can remember, I used to shop there in the 80's...

Check the products carefully, they are what they are and quality is questionable, but at the price point they target they are decent, but everything is China/etc quality. That Brinley table is made of MDF with a veneer.

These can work for short term, but know you're throwing that money away and will eventually be replacing it when it falls apart (probably sooner than you will want)... Been there, done that.

I'm done with buying this kind of stuff, and right now I have the money to buy real wood furniture but some years back there was no way I was able to. Last weekend I paid a shitload of money for a table and 8 chairs at the local Ethan Allen store, but the table and chairs will outlast me and can be refinished as they are solid, real wood.

You might find a better table for just a few bucks more that isn't MDF construction. When we bought our house we spent something like $1500 for a solid wood table and chairs that had a veneer on it for the finish and it lasted a very long time. I would look that route for something less expensive that will hold together over the first years of living in your new house as there are going to be a lot of expenses you will be shelling out for. :)

We went to some local furniture stores over the last month and it seemed that there are a lot of table/benches combos that seemed pretty well constructed for about $900 for the table alone...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh yeah.... The chairs is where they get you.

The set we bought the table was like $2800 but the chairs were $579 each for the arm chairs and $509 each for the side chairs. :triggered: :mindblown: Luckily they were on sale and we saved 30% on the table and 23% on the chairs.

One set we thought was pretty nice at another store, but still a veneer was $1124 for the table and $187 per chair, but they had benches for less:

https://trishayearwood.klaussner.com/tr ... ation.aspx

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I went with glass table tops and metal legs for an inexpensive solution that isn't fake wood.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:32 pm I went with glass table tops and metal legs for an inexpensive solution that isn't fake wood.
We did that too, and if the look fits your style in the house it is a great option as it will last a very, very long time.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:32 pm I went with glass table tops and metal legs for an inexpensive solution that isn't fake wood.
We did that too, and if the look fits your style in the house it is a great option as it will last a very, very long time.

It's been a few years now but IIRC it was about $1100 delivered for my dining table, coffee table, cocktail table, 2 end tables, and the chairs.