Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:18 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:14 pm

Plus Airboating.
No way could I handle the humidity in airboat land. That's a :nope:

But the promised land of TN is calling my name. Would be perfect.
but you wont even go there on vacation :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:18 pm
No way could I handle the humidity in airboat land. That's a :nope:

But the promised land of TN is calling my name. Would be perfect.
Oh, we're going to Nashville this spring to check it out.

Problem is, :tits: sees no point in taking vacation time to go drive a road in the mountains. I'll never win that battle, and you fuckers insist on going over her birthday weekend, so I'll never be able to join on my own.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:27 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:25 pm

Problem is, :tits: sees no point in taking vacation time to go drive a road in the mountains. I'll never win that battle, and you fuckers insist on going over her birthday weekend, so I'll never be able to join on my own.
I dont go 'with dose fuckers' :doe:

There are other times I go, if you are interested. Will likely have extra room too.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:34 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:27 pm

There are other times I go, if you are interested. Will likely have extra room too.
Oh word?

Keep me posted. I'd consider a solo bro trip.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

A game is afoot. Will update soon. Each time I got to the house I like it more. That's a good sign.

The attic is massive lol
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:37 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:34 pm

Oh word?

He goes with the OG trip people. It's far from a solo bro trip. We now have a 3 different cabins for the first time in 13 years
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:17 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:37 pm
Oh word?

He goes with the OG trip people. It's far from a solo bro trip. We now have a 3 different cabins for the first time in 13 years
Unpopular opinion - there's too many GD people on that trip.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:54 am

eh, i think it will be more fun with the extra space and all the people. It was def. too many people at our location last year :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

No. you are :right: again. So :right: that I'm 80% sure I wont be going. And the 20% of going will be only for a weekend stint.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:04 am

eh, i think it will be more fun with the extra space and all the people. It was def. too many people at our location last year :doe:
welp buckaroo... you are :wrong:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:08 am

No. you are :right: again. So :right: that I'm 80% sure I wont be going. And the 20% of going will be only for a weekend stint.
:sad:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Meanwhile. :haus: shit is really looking like its a go. Agent started playing some fuckery games. We are REALLY working hard to get her locked in on our offer and close by March 22. They have to unload the house by april. it has been a failed investment property for them.

:excited:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I think this weekend I'll be putting my design for the "Catio" into 3d so I can start to break it out into prints.
We were going to use our tax return to fund it, but my state return is held up due to being audited. They should pay all of us in Louisiana in 4 wheel alignments as part of our tax returns. Anywho, the Catio is just the closed in patio with a double door, some windows, a window ac unit, and a side caged in area where the cats have access to some sunlight for their bitch asses to get their daily dose of cancer.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 am Meanwhile. :haus: shit is really looking like its a go. Agent started playing some fuckery games. We are REALLY working hard to get her locked in on our offer and close by March 22. They have to unload the house by april. it has been a failed investment property for them.

Agent games :rolleyes:

I've dealt with my fair share of that. Hopefully it gets off smoothly.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:08 am

such :dubshow:

dubshow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 am Meanwhile. :haus: shit is really looking like its a go. Agent started playing some fuckery games. We are REALLY working hard to get her locked in on our offer and close by March 22. They have to unload the house by april. it has been a failed investment property for them.

dude make your own thread already.

BTW everyone else: I saw this potential poverty palace last night and its actually pretty sweet. It will be straight up bitching after the mods dubshow preforms with his financing fuckery.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:17 am I think this weekend I'll be putting my design for the "Catio" into 3d so I can start to break it out into prints.
We were going to use our tax return to fund it, but my state return is held up due to being audited. They should pay all of us in Louisiana in 4 wheel alignments as part of our tax returns. Anywho, the Catio is just the closed in patio with a double door, some windows, a window ac unit, and a side caged in area where the cats have access to some sunlight for their bitch asses to get their daily dose of cancer.
fawk I still need to do my state taxes...dont even what to think about it ughhhh :(
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:23 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:17 am I think this weekend I'll be putting my design for the "Catio" into 3d so I can start to break it out into prints.
fawk I still need to do my state taxes...dont even what to think about it ughhhh :(
For the last 3 years I've gotten letters from the state saying I got chosen for a random review. It's been delayed every time. And this year, like last, we got fucked on our return because the wife didn't have insurance at all for the whole year. The year before she had ACA and we got fucked because our combined income was above the range of 100-400% of the poverty level, so WE had to pay the balance of what ACA paid for her insurance. Total suck. We were hoping to be able to afford our floors with that money.
:thanksobama:

I was expecting it to disappear this year with Trump since he said he was doing away with it, but it don't look like it happened.
:thankstrump:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:22 am

Agent games :rolleyes:

I've dealt with my fair share of that. Hopefully it gets off smoothly.
house is under contract!

:excited: :excited: :excited:
:excited: :meatspin: :excited:
:excited: :excited: :excited:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

So I'm trying to figure out some additional storage solutions for our :jalepenis: kitchen. Any ideas on what the hell a free-standing triangular cabinet like this would be called? (I know the photo is of a built-in version, but I'm looking for free-standing stuff)

Additionally, I'm looking for sources for something like a small rolling kitchen island with storage underneath it - maybe around 24" square?

My other thought was - Does anyone make what is effectively a free-standing kitchen section? As in a ~24" deep lower cabinet with counter on top of it and a ~12" deep cabinet above it, 84" or so tall in total but not bolted to the wall. I have a ~32" wide section of empty wall space in the kitchen that really could use something like that.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RiverRidge- ... lsrc=aw.ds

I just googled corner cabinet.. Figure most of them will be freestanding. Look for sites like Overstock and Wayfair or whatever.
SAWCE

We got a rolling island from Costco for a decent price. Not sure if they're still stocking them, but can check their website.
SAWCE

https://www.costco.com/Trinity-3-Tier-K ... 49514.html

Too much bigger than what you're looking for?

Ours was maybe half of that, bamboo top, but then insutrial looking steel legs/shelves underneath.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:33 pm So I'm trying to figure out some additional storage solutions for our :jalepenis: kitchen. Any ideas on what the hell a free-standing triangular cabinet like this would be called? (I know the photo is of a built-in version, but I'm looking for free-standing stuff)

Additionally, I'm looking for sources for something like a small rolling kitchen island with storage underneath it - maybe around 24" square?

My other thought was - Does anyone make what is effectively a free-standing kitchen section? As in a ~24" deep lower cabinet with counter on top of it and a ~12" deep cabinet above it, 84" or so tall in total but not bolted to the wall. I have a ~32" wide section of empty wall space in the kitchen that really could use something like that.
Look for a "hutch" for the kitchen perhaps.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:36 pm https://www.homedepot.com/p/RiverRidge- ... lsrc=aw.ds

I just googled corner cabinet.. Figure most of them will be freestanding. Look for sites like Overstock and Wayfair or whatever.
Adding "kitchen" and "wall" to the search gives a bit more than the bathroom options, but does include some under-counter cabinets.

https://www.countrydoor.com/p/corner-pa ... _cEALw_wcB

https://www.hayneedle.com/product/belha ... abinet.cfm
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:33 pm So I'm trying to figure out some additional storage solutions for our :jalepenis: kitchen. Any ideas on what the hell a free-standing triangular cabinet like this would be called? (I know the photo is of a built-in version, but I'm looking for free-standing stuff)

I don't think you're going to find anything 84" tall on rollers not bolted to the wall for kitchen type use. But maybe you could get one of those shorter islands and add a hutch on top of it. Find an island with a butcher block top, and then find a hutch at an antique store or something, bolt it to it?

"Corner cabinet" should turn up a bunch of stuff on wayfair, etc, for the triangular thing.